Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

thommy_rissole;270214 said:
Sounds and looks like you have a great piece of willow in your hands.

Sounds and looks like you've got your willow in your hands just thinking about it Rissole!

What happened on Sunday then? I think its time Ozzy Boogs got a recall. And yeah Kippax bats are class. Did u get a bat in England? A GH?

wrong 'un;271619 said:
I think this is him
ren-or-stimpy.jpg

beck, this is closer.

AB1;270175 said:
So you're my number one fan? Thanks for the earlier posts. Didn't realise people had so much time on there hands over here. Anyway, thanks Mr Rissole for the kind words, hope you enjoyed the contest on Sunday. I'll take 46 as a start on that deck despite being "scratchy"! Wasn't as good as we all thought maybe?

For the record, i had a few more scores the on my previous visit out here, and i hope to add to my tally throughout the year. I think the standard will be ok in Division 2, and may be the tightest of the 3 divisions.

Oh, and as i said to you on sunday Mr Riches, i didn't hit that first ball, but it still has to be hitting the stumps mate!!!
I will now go back through the 396 pages to see some more pearls from Beckodelay....

hahahahaha i dont know what stumps ur talking about!! but it was going to take the middle one u where standing infront of!!! lol:cool:

thommy_rissole;271649 said:
thomson won the toss and decided to bat on an ok wicket at waurn ponds.

Early trouble as both salts (0) and bliss (1) fell cheaply to mark perry (4-47), at 2-16 dahlhaus was joined by smiljanic and they proceeded to steady the ship. Dahlhaus (12) was caught at slip by skene off the bowling of port (4-76), arguably one of the best catches i have ever seen. English import james mccoy joined smiljanic and the two of them produced a nice little partnership of 56 with mccoy (14) spooning one to cover of the bowling of port. Smiljanic(93) was punishing any loose bowling and hit some cracking shots through/over cover, he ended up 7 short of what would have been a well deserved century. Strods (13), o'neill (20), plant (12) and riches (18*) chipped in the final overs to push the score to 9/223 from 50 overs. For the second consecutive week, sundries (26) was thomson's 2nd top scorer.

Bosworth (1-36), returned after missing the first week sunning himself in bali, opened the bowling with riches (3-15) and both bowled tidy without making any early inroads. Good ground fielding from the tigers restricted waurn ponds throughout their innings with o'neill running out opener barot (15). Ponds keeper johnson (1) was well caught by plant at square leg off bosworths bowling. Petterwood (0-10) dropped the danger man skene (40) at cover off the bowling off smiljanic (2-25), probably the easiest catch not taken ever, but then with skene and the non-striker both at the same end he ran him out. Port(33*) batted for the majority of the innings with some tight bowling and good ground fielding restricting runs, only newton (10) was able to make it into double figures. Saltalamacchia (2-19) and dahlhaus (0-8) did the donkey work in the middle overs keeping it tight. Riches returned and cleaned up the tail, a nice reward for some good bowling at the start of waurn pond's runchase. Eventually thomson got the 10 required wickets with the score on 116 in the 48th over.

Votes: 3 smiljanic 2 skene 1 riches

note: Ponds still has the best afternoon tea in geelong, chicken nuggets turned into mini-chicken parmi's... Brilliant! :d

very true!!!! But very very funny!!!:d

dazza_whats_the_score;270330 said:
hahahahaha i dont know what stumps ur talking about!! but it was going to take the middle one u where standing infront of!!! lol:cool:

only took ya anotha 40 or so runs 2 get him lol :rolleyes:

Rissole or Dazza can you fill in how the double hat-trick unfolded in your two's? thats very rare can't think of another one besides Sam Farnsworths last year in senior cricket.

Bluey Connelly;270327 said:
Sounds and looks like you've got your willow in your hands just thinking about it Rissole!

What happened on Sunday then? I think its time Ozzy Boogs got a recall. And yeah Kippax bats are class. Did u get a bat in England? A GH?

Sunday bloody sunday, we've moved on Bluey.
Na didn't get a GH, i've got one from Spyder Sports.
Ozzy Boogs had his first competitive net tonight, had the touch of a baby elephant but i'm sure he'll come good, don't think we can slip him in just yet though :D

sth barwon v newcomb & district.

Dinos were in trouble early to their credit it was the young tribe of mills, hester as well as a cameo from the capable kp ford got the dinos to 196 after 50 overs. It was always going to be tough for the dinos on a highway at south what a fantastic cricket wicket it was on saturday. The swans were led well by brad h with a patient innings of 80 odd not out and was well supported by ford and hester. My thoughts on sth are that they will be a top two side they have a quality batting line up that runs right down to big anderton. They also have a steady attack and a few spin options i just hope they can match it with east because none of us on this side of the river can stand any of the boys from east winning it again. As for the Dinos i think they will match it with most sides in the batting department with the young guys comming through getting better each game. The bowling will be tested in the two dayers and i think thats where the might hit some trouble.

upset of the round: TORQUAY d Thomson

Team who will under achieve: St Peters

Team who will surprise: North Shore

Player of the round: B.Haunstein(SB) 57n.o 4/17 (Pitts very close 2nd)

best new recruit performance of the round: Bell(BPH) 3/11

worst new recruit performance of the round:?

Bake of the round: G.Dew just plain ordinary especially from a GCA official.

Thoughts?

wrong 'un;270367 said:
upset of the round: TORQUAY d Thomson

Team who will under achieve: St Peters

Team who will surprise: North Shore

Player of the round: B.Haunstein(SB) 57n.o 4/17 (Pitts very close 2nd)

best new recruit performance of the round: Bell(BPH) 3/11

worst new recruit performance of the round:?

Bake of the round: G.Dew just plain ordinary especially from a GCA official.

Thoughts?

Gewd guy of the week: Benny Armstrong

Player of the round: has 2b Pitts, sorry hornett.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;271675 said:
Rissole or Dazza can you fill in how the double hat-trick unfolded in your two's? thats very rare can't think of another one besides Sam Farnsworths last year in senior cricket.

our opener half got one the other week.. but there was a wide in the middle haha. we counted it, but i guess it's not a real double.
fair effort to actually do it properly though.. this guy deserves free p!ss for the rest of the year! shell it out thommy tigers

beckodelay;270370 said:
Gewd guy of the week: Benny Armstrong

Player of the round: has 2b Pitts, sorry hornett.

The only reason I picked Brad is because his team won and he dominated(again:rolleyes:) and City lost, great effort by Pitts though.

Badger;271682 said:
our opener half got one the other week.. but there was a wide in the middle haha. we counted it, but i guess it's not a real double.
fair effort to actually do it properly though.. this guy deserves free p!ss for the rest of the year! shell it out thommy tigers
we offered him free piss but he didnt take it cause he was driving!!! we said to him 'JUST UNDER' haha... yes it is a fair effort

BPCA

Surprise of the week: Gotta be Blue West rolling Jan Juc (there you go GWC&FC)

Team who will under achieve: Collendina

Team who will surprise: Ocean Grove (been written off by some)

Player of the week: M.Farrell(Queenscliff) 125

best new recruit performance of the week: J.Murray(St Albans) 5/24 (20 overs)

worst new recruit performance of the week:?

Thoughts?

dazza_whats_the_score;271689 said:
we offered him free piss but he didnt take it!!! we said to him 'JUST UNDER' haha yes it is a fair effort

Not like a Featherston to knock back something free;) Must be no relation:D

upset of the round: Torquay over Thomson

Team who will under achieve: Thomson they have talked it up over winter

Team who will surprise: BPH

Player of the round: Pitts from city

best new recruit performance of the round: D.Fanning 51 (joeys)

worst new recruit performance of the round:??

tool of the week: Grant Dew deserves tool of the week just a typical east belmont maggot

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

dads army;270397 said:
upset of the round: Torquay over Thomson

Team who will under achieve: Thomson they have talked it up over winter

Team who will surprise: BPH

Player of the round: Pitts from city

best new recruit performance of the round: D.Fanning 51 (joeys)

worst new recruit performance of the round:??

tool of the week: Grant Dew deserves tool of the week just a typical east belmont maggot

Thoughts?
[/QUOTE]

just readin thru ya posts there daddy A... seems ya got yaself a bit mixed up.
couple posts ago ya were saying BPH gunna struggle, no ya saying they gunna be a team that surprises ppl. & had thomson as big improvers but now they gunna underachieve afta the "upset of the round" now excuse my lack of the english nowledge but surely thats got2b Hypocrosy?!?
i do agree tho wit ur dewwy comment :eek:

chiefcharger;269334 said:
should be an interesting game between collendina and barwon heads this weekend? hear the heads have picked up jason mallet.. collendina will also blood a new recruit on the weekend, with former colac boy, leigh keast making his debut. has had a big lay-off from cricket but is a former top order, 1st division batsmen for stoneyford in the colac and district league... also is jimmy bartel playing this year? what other geelong footballers play in the bpca?.. cheers fellas :)

yeah stop talkin up ya own brother. and pretending you dont know him. if he used to play for stony he probably not any good.

Rissole or Dazza can you fill in how the double hat-trick unfolded in your two's?

Didn't see it mate but Pi11 could probably fill us all in.
Apparantly he was also very close to a triple hat-trick.

We (GWSC) took on Jan Juc at Bakers oval this round, and had an easy victory having rolled them for 102 with Col Bride taking 5-42 in a superb spell that set the game up along with Adam Melville who bowled super in the 1st dig picking up 1-8 off 7 overs Jan Juc didn't have a player score over 25.
We had to bat for a bit on day one and we smashed them to all parts making it to 2-80 over night with Adam Melville smashing the hapless JJ attack apart to be 45n.o and the Cheetahs all but sewing up victory on day 1.

When we returned Saturday with the game over we wrapped thing up fairly quickly Adam Meville eventually out for 53, we continued on looking for quick runs and ended up losing a fer quick wickets and dismissed for 173, with an outright on the cards we had a red hot crack having them 2-2 we thought we would roll them again but a good partnership between Salisbury(53) and Lucas(63) put that beyond doubt with JJ finishing on 3-131 with Adam Melville picking up the 3 wickets in a MOM effort.

3.A.Melville 2.C.Bride 1.J.Mauncey

We take on St Albans next week it what should be a big chance for us to get our 2nd win and set up the season for us in the BPCA

We'll be looking to attack against them this week having seen them looking very unsteady in the middle order against Barrabool on Saturday.

just readin thru ya posts there daddy A... seems ya got yaself a bit mixed up.
couple posts ago ya were saying BPH gunna struggle, no ya saying they gunna be a team that surprises ppl. & had thomson as big improvers but now they gunna underachieve afta the "upset of the round" now excuse my lack of the english nowledge but surely thats got2b Hypocrosy?!?
i do agree tho wit ur dewwy comment :eek:[/QUOTE]

As far as my knowledge goes from the weekend;
BPH beat Newcomb with gun recruits firing.
Thomson talked up beating Torquay all over winter and showed absolutly nothing
Im sure everybody would agree when i say Grant Dew is more of a ************ than Tsaitas.
Case Dismissed.

The Truth 18;271676 said:
sth barwon v newcomb & district.

Dinos were in trouble early to their credit it was the young tribe of mills, hester as well as a cameo from the capable kp ford got the dinos to 196 after 50 overs. It was always going to be tough for the dinos on a highway at south what a fantastic cricket wicket it was on saturday. The swans were led well by brad h with a patient innings of 80 odd not out and was well supported by ford and hester. My thoughts on sth are that they will be a top two side they have a quality batting line up that runs right down to big anderton. They also have a steady attack and a few spin options i just hope they can match it with east because none of us on this side of the river can stand any of the boys from east winning it again. As for the Dinos i think they will match it with most sides in the batting department with the young guys comming through getting better each game. The bowling will be tested in the two dayers and i think thats where the might hit some trouble.

Newcomb are shit and your batting isn't any good if Koliba doesnt get runs you will be stuffed

Newcomb & District 0-11 on there way down to div2

wood like 2c who from da tigers was talkin up beatin torquay? mite have been that dazza guy maybe? :confused: 1 game doesnt make a season, spose city r f*cked now as well :eek: u said in previous coments BPH wil strugle if thy lost kiddle & stacka, obviously stace stayd but stil lost kiddle & now theyre ya tip. beatin newcombe is hardly worth talkin abt, every1 has tipped them bottom4 :rolleyes:
tsitas is way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in front of dewwwy, but dewwwwwwwwwy is stil a wanka, just shows how liked Baz is :p
[QUOTE DADS ARMY]
As far as my knowledge goes from the weekend;
BPH beat Newcomb with gun recruits firing.
Thomson talked up beating Torquay all over winter and showed absolutly nothing
Im sure everybody would agree when i say Grant Dew is more of a ************ than Tsaitas.
Case Dismissed.[/QUOTE]

thommy_rissole;271706 said:
Didn't see it mate but Pi11 could probably fill us all in.
Apparantly he was also very close to a triple hat-trick.

well while i'm on here i might as well take you through it. 1st hatrick come in under 14's and i would have been happy with that as i'm not a greedy person but things just happen to fall my way a couple of years later in the under 16's which it was back then and we played a super strong outfit in geelong cement (manifold heights) and we had a pretty handy side also with the likes of child prodigy steve daniels and a very quick shane dunne(both wasted talent) but enough about those 2 as this is about yours truly. had the 2nd over as dunne all ways had choice of ends and my 1st ball got hammered through the covers for a couple and i thought this was going to be 1 of those horror days then things just seem to pick up and the next 4 balls were all wickets and ended up with handy figures of 5 for 2 and rolled them for a total of 7. enough about me now, got rock hard just thinking about it.

Saw Billy Muir (BPH) take a double-hatty when he was playing for Little River once in 3rd XI. All wickets were either bowled or lbw. The hat-trick ball was lbw.

beckodelay;270491 said:
it wont b "case dismissed" until i c sum facts

Thomson were on here talking up their season quite a bit.
If someone didn't have them in the top couple they were all on here jumping up and down.

It's still only early days I'm sure they'll still be a good side.

Cheetahs2008;271717 said:
We take on St Albans next week it what should be a big chance for us to get our 2nd win and set up the season for us in the BPCA

We'll be looking to attack against them this week having seen them looking very unsteady in the middle order against Barrabool on Saturday.

cant w8 4em to smash u! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back