Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

*Image removed*

Hey babies arm!!!! They have been discussing tactics down there at training!!!
Apparently they need to bowl 28 double cheeseburgers, and bat like 15 large belly buster pizzas from Pizza's with Attitude, and there's someone at the door, sh*t it's the cops!!!!!!!!:D:D[/QUOTE]

only know 2 of them McLaren and Middleton.any body know the third bonghead

I can not believe the amount of under the counter deals being done in this comp.

Very very strange.

thevetran;277524 said:
Hey babies arm!!!! They have been discussing tactics down there at training!!!
Apparently they need to bowl 28 double cheeseburgers, and bat like 15 large belly buster pizzas from Pizza's with Attitude, and there's someone at the door, sh*t it's the cops!!!!!!!!:D:D

wiseoldman;277531 said:
only know 2 of them McLaren and Middleton.any body know the third bonghead

I just wanna know what the bird in the background is doing:confused:

leesy;277513 said:
as a bowler the last thing i would want to do is target larko..... it will fire him up and hit the ball even harder than he does now

hehe I was talking about that little cheeky Kieran lad. Now direct discussion to the new VB T20 link for Geelong Cricket. And let's have valid discussion there.

Under the counter;278300 said:
I can not believe the amount of under the counter deals being done in this comp.

Very very strange.

Ahh this comp? being BPCA/GCA which is made up of 4 comps. Toolhead:rolleyes:

wrong 'un;277478 said:
Does anyone think the GCA will follow the VCA on this | Victorian Premier Cricket? and if so what are peoples thoughts?
I think it could pose massive problems if they do.

If it does not rain, and face it, it normally does not rain anyway. Then it should not make a difference. Will just mean that clubs don't have to check out the bureau website to see if rain is about. Not sure if it makes sense to not being able to cover the one wicket you are going to play on, maybe you just cannot cover your square. You might get the Geelong guys come back to play local cricket as they have the better decks !!

gca_ipl;277537 said:
hehe I was talking about that little cheeky Kieran lad. Now direct discussion to the new VB T20 link for Geelong Cricket. And let's have valid discussion there.

Bit of a joke mate and I stated last night the quotes Brad wrote down to me would be posted on here. Was a joke was having with him Sorry you have been offended but it is all a bit of fun, just like 20/20 cricket. Good luck Sunday. Nothing to Loose.

thevetran;277521 said:
Can someone from Waurn Ponds come on here and be a smartarse???pls pls pls all us StAlbans boys wanna hang sh*t on someone!!!!

i here there was a bit of sh*t hanging down at breakwater on saturday???:eek:

gca_ipl;278314 said:
SOS, where is the Great Becko !!!! Has anyone seen him around ?

the word on the street is that the great becko has taken an early x-mas vacation to give those wizardry fingers a rest and get them set for the big run home after the main break, so look out fellow postees, the great becko will be back.

swing that b;277561 said:
i here there was a bit of sh*t hanging down at breakwater on saturday???:eek:

Yeah it was a bit fiery Newcomb went straight after the game(That was a shame:rolleyes:) at 3-110 chasing 160 they were pretty lippy and cocky and when we got back on top we dished a bit back and they couldn't handle. Scott Smith is a sore loser. Hey thats cool saved us 11 frothys;)

Just goes to show it ain't over till it's over:cool: keep that in mind Bulls for next time before you go running your mouths a bit too early.

Dinosaur_Maroon&Blue;278322 said:
Wasnt Us (a_for or I). I thought the same as ipl and checked his profile, apparently warned 5 times for swearing, thus banned.

Swearing:eek::eek: who gives a flying fark if he was the mods just delete it anyway:rolleyes:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;277581 said:
Yeah it was a bit fiery Newcomb went straight after the game(That was a shame:rolleyes:) at 3-110 chasing 160 they were pretty lippy and cocky and when we got back on top we dished a bit back and they couldn't handle. Scott Smith is a sore loser. Hey thats cool saved us 11 frothys;)

Just goes to show it ain't over till it's over:cool: keep that in mind Bulls for next time before you go running your mouths a bit too early.

here the great jonny irvine had a swpe at one of the young cammaroto boys while celebrating the 10th wicket. Not good.

wiseoldman;277323 said:
who is on the selection panel

Grant Dew is the manager. I will also have an input into team selection.

I think we will have a relatively strong side as long as everyone makes themselves available, hopefully get through sunday with a win against the notoriously strong region Central Highlands at Thomson then move on to the next round.

swing that b;277587 said:
here the great jonny irvine had a swpe at one of the young cammaroto boys while celebrating the 10th wicket. Not good.

Like I said in the last post if you dish it out be prepared to cop it back it's simple

I think what johnny said was just something along the lines of keep ya head up champ.
Luke Inness trying to sledge blokes from the side lines went down well when he wasn't playing a nerd with glasses who's never done anything on the field EVERwas pretty intimidating:rolleyes:.

How Scott Smith is playing 1s has got me stuffed it's laughable maybe something to do with being president:confused:

And lastly we Hate Newcomb with a passion and beating them in all grades on the weekend was superb.

that was going on the whole time he was batting..the thing that got him going was a comment from one of the newcomb players whilst shaking hands..terrible sportsmanship and sore losers..it was all good in giving it out when they looked on top..then when the tables turned they didnt like getting it back

swing that b;277587 said:

that was going on the whole time he was batting..the thing that got him going was a comment from one of the newcomb players whilst shaking hands..terrible sportsmanship and sore losers..it was all good in giving it out when they looked on top..then when the tables turned they didnt like getting it back

right arm medium;277940 said:
When in England it was all one day format. The weather makes it hard to operate in any other way. But the first experience that guys would get in any longer form of the game would be county seconds, where they move to 4 day cricket.
For the 5th XI, there was quite a debate about 2 day or 1 day cricket. In the end I think they got the 6 clubs required for 2 day cricket in the 5ths. Clubs do still want to play 2 day cricket, even at 5ths level.
Two day cricket has to stay, but having an even draw is important. Have to remember that each team plays 2 clubs twice. I think that is worse than the 1 day v 2 day games.

Im sure if people understood the complexity of the English format then it would be put straight, the only good thing about taking any english system in to our comp is that we should be graded on each level and put into relevant Divisions. Example if East Belmont 1st are good enough to be in Division 1 then thats were they play but if there 2nds arnt good enough then they play Division 2 or 3. Gives Divisions a closer competiton and if your club is good enough to have all sides in the highest division then fair enough. It gives clubs like St.Albans, Murgy and others then chance to push for higher divisions not based on ticking the right boxes for GCA knobs to agree on. ( Still have to be on turk though. if you dont have turf then it makes it a little harder but obviously some clubs are doing the right thing.

And also the idea of not having 85 over days is crap one dayers fantastic but also why not throw in a 20/20 comp for everyone to enjoy not just the best of comp. Have it back to the old Sportscene Knockout. Awesome back in the day to watch and play. Really whats some sides chances of beating Higher Division Clubs( If East Belmont and Guild play ) Pretty short odds if you ask me. And i dont like east belmont nothing worse than see them win more silverware without everyone having a crack at them even the might of the supersaints. . . . :D

Nothing To Loose;277427 said:
Division 1 "Powerhouse" South Barwon are extremly cockey in not only winning the 20/20 competition, but also beating Division 3 "Rabble" Guild-St.Mary's.

Quotes from the South Barwon Coach
1) "I will retire if we loose to them"
2) "Hester bowls wrongen's, Blyth will pretend he is Matt Hayden, and Ando will raise his bat grip when he is going to hit sixes"

However after thinking about the comments and the "slim" chance the Powerhouse has of loosing he followed with this

3) "20/20 is a game of chance. All cricketers should be respected, except Justin Larkins"

A little change of tune, prehaps running scared

Drunk, hung over or stooned, Guilders have...

NOTHING TO LOOSE

Look sorry guys was just having a bit of a joke. We are playing Division 3 Bush Cricket so it will be good to play a side like you guys. Especially at home on a Sunday so we can play cricket and have a few beers after the game. Was just meaning to have a bit of fun, a bit of a joke, like saturday night was like. good luck and see you guys sunday for a light hearted fun day.

We aren't out to make friends this year!!!! We are out to play hard cricket, by all means a beer and a laugh once the game is over, but St Albans/Breakwater cricket club is focused on playing our game and our game is hard, tough and aggresive, and if oppostion teams can't handle that, then bad luck for them!! We will not change the way we play.

There is nothing wrong in playing hard and tough cricket but a little bit of sportsmanship goes a long way.

Win, lose or draw with grace and it tends to make the whole process a little bit sweeter.

mas cambios;278334 said:
By me, if you have issue with it, then pm me.

Any more talk about it in this thread will be deleted.

Is that a promise ?

Do the world a favour deleted it.

mas cambios;277635 said:
There is nothing wrong in playing hard and tough cricket but a little bit of sportsmanship goes a long way.

Win, lose or draw with grace and it tends to make the whole process a little bit sweeter.

Mate, If we had lost we would of said well played you were better than us today! We always thought it was going to be tough to win with the amount of runs we made and how hard we fought to get to our measly total of 160. To get a win with that score on a quick, small ground was a great effort by the boys.

and by the way it is A grade cricket, yeah it's BPCA but it's still A grade, and there are teams who sledge and carry on a lot worse then us, but you know what it's only as bad as you let it be!!!

That is what makes cricket such a good game, that what happens on the field stays on the field, and you can enjoy a beer and a laugh once it's all done, but when a club refuses to stay and have a beer thats pretty poor, when newcomb were up and going a year or two ago they were THE worst at the verbal stuff......But I will take your advice on board and I might take some flowers and give them to the Ocean grove opening batsman next week,......right before he gets his middle peg knocked out of the ground, and gets the biggest send off in history, coz they gave it to us in the semi last year!!! Big time!!!! But we still had a beer and a laugh with them after the game.

Under the counter;278300 said:

Very very strange.

I know what kind of under the counter deals you are doing!!!! and they don't involve cricket you goose!!!!!!!!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back