Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

St Albans into Div.2 for Bell Park? Would this be the only change to the two divisions, assuming Bell Park comes down?

Come somebody from Div.2 let us know how Murghebuloc have been performing?

Redback;395300 said:
Looking at the weather, maybe we can share a hot chocolate with marshmallows.....
????If the top side has been beaten in the first final, but makes it through to the Grand Final as the away side, what happens if rain forces a wash out????:confused:
Modewarre are the top side against teesdale.. just like lara is against west

Redback;395300 said:
Looking at the weather, maybe we can share a hot chocolate with marshmallows.....
????If the top side has been beaten in the first final, but makes it through to the Grand Final as the away side, what happens if rain forces a wash out????:confused:
Modewarre are the top side against teesdale.. just like lara is against west

Redback;395300 said:

They do not win the premiership as they are the lower-ranked side.

Redback;395302 said:
Can somebody from Div.2 let us know how Murgheboluc have been performing?

We had an OK year, all things considering. Finished 5th in GCA2 club championship. 4th XI won GF today, 5th XI lost to your blokes. What specifically do you want to know?:confused:

Redback;395300 said:

They do not win the premiership as they are the lower-ranked side.

Redback;395302 said:
Can somebody from Div.2 let us know how Murgheboluc have been performing?

We had an OK year, all things considering. Finished 5th in GCA2 club championship. 4th XI won GF today, 5th XI lost to your blokes. What specifically do you want to know?:confused:

know all;395283 said:
i will b pointing redback out to wheels on sunday should b interesting. :D

Dont do that mate, you dont wanna be an accessory. But if ya do, let me know how may pieces are left.:D

know all;395283 said:
i will b pointing redback out to wheels on sunday should b interesting. :D

Dont do that mate, you dont wanna be an accessory. But if ya do, let me know how may pieces are left.:D

Redback;393124 said:
Redbacks unlucky on Sunday. Didn't make enough runs in the end, but definitely gave the "SUPERSAINTS" a scare. I think we deserved to win. Just shows that St Albans are not unbeatable. A few tears during the game too, not everyone can make runs.

A great effort by our boys! Any idea how the "Super Saints" went in the thirds? Oh, they got beaten by the Redbacks.....

One last thing, We sang our song after the game to..........:p

jumped the gun a bit mate..hahaha easy win today by the SUPER SAINTS in the thirds . wheels was on fire with 2 run outs and a great catch. little river 85 stalbans did it with the loss of only 4 wickets.

Redback;393124 said:
Redbacks unlucky on Sunday. Didn't make enough runs in the end, but definitely gave the "SUPERSAINTS" a scare. I think we deserved to win. Just shows that St Albans are not unbeatable. A few tears during the game too, not everyone can make runs.

A great effort by our boys! Any idea how the "Super Saints" went in the thirds? Oh, they got beaten by the Redbacks.....

One last thing, We sang our song after the game to..........:p

jumped the gun a bit mate..hahaha easy win today by the SUPER SAINTS in the thirds . wheels was on fire with 2 run outs and a great catch. little river 85 stalbans did it with the loss of only 4 wickets.

cheer_cheer;395342 said:
thanks for the comprehensive updates workinprogress !!

No problems with acceping criticism Cheer Cheer. Maybe next time we'll include a bit more detail to keep you happy.
By the way I'm not sure our mate John has much interest in collecting the neon purple pants.

cheer_cheer;395342 said:
thanks for the comprehensive updates workinprogress !!

No problems with acceping criticism Cheer Cheer. Maybe next time we'll include a bit more detail to keep you happy.
By the way I'm not sure our mate John has much interest in collecting the neon purple pants.

wheels was on fire with 2 run outs and a great catch. little river 85 stalbans did it with the loss of only 4 wickets.[/QUOTE]

Thats gold, im tipping the big fella was pretty pumped and happy to talk about it after such a good contribution, he's a pissa.

wheels was on fire with 2 run outs and a great catch. little river 85 stalbans did it with the loss of only 4 wickets.[/QUOTE]

Thats gold, im tipping the big fella was pretty pumped and happy to talk about it after such a good contribution, he's a pissa.

So I went out and watched Teesdale v Modewarre today. Yesterday Modewarre got rolled for 131, and Teesdale were 1-1 at stumps on day 1. Today Teesdale were rolled for 99, giving Modewarre a flag. Amazing how they tried to buy a flag the last few years, and didn't get one.

Also, someone was saying how the standard is catching up...No disrespect but it didn;t look great today

EDIT: Thomson have won the Division 2 Firsts Flag, and the last I heard, Jarran Cook and Blake Nelis were in for Geelong West who were 7-210 with 20 overs to go. Going down to the wire that game.

So I went out and watched Teesdale v Modewarre today. Yesterday Modewarre got rolled for 131, and Teesdale were 1-1 at stumps on day 1. Today Teesdale were rolled for 99, giving Modewarre a flag. Amazing how they tried to buy a flag the last few years, and didn't get one.

Also, someone was saying how the standard is catching up...No disrespect but it didn;t look great today

EDIT: Thomson have won the Division 2 Firsts Flag, and the last I heard, Jarran Cook and Blake Nelis were in for Geelong West who were 7-210 with 20 overs to go. Going down to the wire that game.

Big congrats to my old team Lara. Long time coming boys, im sure checker and all the hughes boys will cherish it after all the work and lifetime they have spent givng their all to the Lara Sporting Club.

Big congrats to my old team Lara. Long time coming boys, im sure checker and all the hughes boys will cherish it after all the work and lifetime they have spent givng their all to the Lara Sporting Club.

hahahahahaha Highton 2nd XI all out for 48.. must surprise them being bowled out for nothing, thinking how good they were and all.

hahahahahaha Highton 2nd XI all out for 48.. must surprise them being bowled out for nothing, thinking how good they were and all.

Well done to St Albans in the thirds and Seconds. We were comprehensively beaten in the thirds, but put up a good fight chasing 249 in the seconds. Great knock by Nibbo making 80 odd. We had an easy win in the sevenths against Murghebuloc, well done boys.

Also, good win by Modewarre. Thought Teesdale would have done it easy.....

Well done to St Albans in the thirds and Seconds. We were comprehensively beaten in the thirds, but put up a good fight chasing 249 in the seconds. Great knock by Nibbo making 80 odd. We had an easy win in the sevenths against Murghebuloc, well done boys.

Also, good win by Modewarre. Thought Teesdale would have done it easy.....

Brady from Grovedale coaching Marshall next year, and takin a few 2nds players with him. Should strengthen them up quite nicely.

Brady from Grovedale coaching Marshall next year, and takin a few 2nds players with him. Should strengthen them up quite nicely.

crktluva;396975 said:

I also heard Clinton Ford is coaching Newcomb Dino's (Pending they stay in div2)

Hard Hitter?

crktluva;396975 said:

I also heard Clinton Ford is coaching Newcomb Dino's (Pending they stay in div2)

Hard Hitter?

thommy_rissole;397066 said:
Is this true cheer_cheer?

I would be extremely surprised if this was the case as I spoke to Clinton at our presentation night and he was not going anywhere. Rumours start pretty quickly and a lot of them are not true.

thommy_rissole;397066 said:
Is this true cheer_cheer?

I would be extremely surprised if this was the case as I spoke to Clinton at our presentation night and he was not going anywhere. Rumours start pretty quickly and a lot of them are not true.

cheer_cheer;397071 said:

That's why I asked. False rumour. Next.

cheer_cheer;397071 said:

thommy_rissole;397073 said:

Well ive also heard he's keen on Marshall so not really sure that the rumours are completely false.. Brady has said he will not be poaching anyone from Grovey but if blokes approach him then its fair game.

Has also been at least 6 other players some from div 1 clubs that have approached the club. We'll also be likely fielding 5 seniors sides next season along with all junior sides, so it looks like the bad news bears and easy beats tag is coming to an end.

thommy_rissole;397073 said:

Well ive also heard he's keen on Marshall so not really sure that the rumours are completely false.. Brady has said he will not be poaching anyone from Grovey but if blokes approach him then its fair game.

Has also been at least 6 other players some from div 1 clubs that have approached the club. We'll also be likely fielding 5 seniors sides next season along with all junior sides, so it looks like the bad news bears and easy beats tag is coming to an end.

tim finnigan;397477 said:

I didn't say the Marshall rumour was false, the Ford to Newcomb one is.

Have heard Peterson coaching Grovedale, Lucas Cameron to Wallington/Ocean Grove, Peake to South Barwon & Cairns to coach BPH?

Just a few whispers that I am hearing, can anyone confirm or deny these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back