Geelong Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat

Renny24;357097 said:
The usual suspects I would think; Thomson, St Peters, Highton, North Shore of course and probably Murgheboluc; though the latter really needs to make the finals soon.

a for effort;357098 said:
They did, such as it was. Got washed out and eliminated because North Shore won.

Thank you, A4E. In second possie going into last round, washed out second day of last round (everyone else played), also no play either day in qualifying final so out in straight sets with not a ball bowled in anger.

Look here;357118 said:
Thank you, A4E. In second possie going into last round, washed out second day of last round (everyone else played), also no play either day in qualifying final so out in straight sets with not a ball bowled in anger.

Sorry, my mistake.

crktluva;356783 said:
i think you will find any club i have played at will agree i made more than your average contribution. Lara 78-92, marshall 93-05 life member, and wallington 06 on.

Just out of curiosity, what criteria do various clubs have for life membership? No disrespect to crktluva (I know you were on the committee and secretary for a while), but judging from the number of LMs on Marshall's honourboards, you don't have to spend as much time there possibly as some other clubs. Nothing like a good shit-fight over life memberships; heard of a few over the years.

The Brick Wall;357028 said:
what are going to be the strong sides in division 2 this year?

Here's my attempt at predicting the ladder

1.Thomson
2.St.Peters
3.Highton
4.North Shore
5.Torquay
6.Newcomb
----------------------
7.Murgheboluc
8.Alexander Thomson
9.Guild/St.Marys
10.Waurn Ponds
11.Marshall
12.Bell Park

Look here;357118 said:

Sorry, my mistake.

Here's my predicted ladder for div2:

1.Thomson
2.Highton
3.Murgheboluc
4.North Shore
5.St Peter's
6.Torquay
----------------------
7.Newcomb
8.Alexander Thomson
9.Bell Park
10.Guild
11.Waurn Ponds
12.Marshall

The Brick Wall;357028 said:
what are going to be the strong sides in division 2 this year?

Here's my attempt at predicting the ladder

1.Thomson
2.St.Peters
3.Highton
4.North Shore
5.Torquay
6.Newcomb
----------------------
7.Murgheboluc
8.Alexander Thomson
9.Guild/St.Marys
10.Waurn Ponds
11.Marshall
12.Bell Park

Look here;357128 said:
Just out of curiosity, what criteria do various clubs have for life membership? No disrespect to crktluva (I know you were on the committee and secretary for a while), but judging from the number of LMs on Marshall's honourboards, you don't have to spend as much time there possibly as some other clubs. Nothing like a good shit-fight over life memberships; heard of a few over the years.

your obviously dont know much, i was more than that mr stats. stop reading honour boards and find out the facts. yes there was an era at marshall where they were handed out a bit willy nilly, but the constitution at marshall was 10 yrs continous outstanding off field service. also the club has been around since 1934 which is longer than most clubs. marshall did have a lot of very continuous long serving members. Im going by what others who were at the club before me have said, but there was probably at least 10 dished out that were a bit suss.

Here's my predicted ladder for div2:

1.Thomson
2.Highton
3.Murgheboluc
4.North Shore
5.St Peter's
6.Torquay
----------------------
7.Newcomb
8.Alexander Thomson
9.Bell Park
10.Guild
11.Waurn Ponds
12.Marshall

Look here;357128 said:

your obviously dont know much, i was more than that mr stats. stop reading honour boards and find out the facts. yes there was an era at marshall where they were handed out a bit willy nilly, but the constitution at marshall was 10 yrs continous outstanding off field service. also the club has been around since 1934 which is longer than most clubs. marshall did have a lot of very continuous long serving members. Im going by what others who were at the club before me have said, but there was probably at least 10 dished out that were a bit suss.

my ladder attempt for GCA 2.

THOMSON------ by a long way.
HIGHTON------- have boosted there list im told.
ST.PETERS----- as above and are always hard to beat.
NEWCOMB------ have some good kids and experience.
GUILD ST.MARYS-- back in the div 2. always seem to be near finals.
NTH.SHORE---- only if they keep all there players.
-------------------------------------------------------
MURGHEBOLUC-- always competive could easily be in the top 6.
TORQUAY------ never now with them.
ALEXANDER THOMSON-- usualy there abouts.
WAURN PONDS-- there guns need to fire to climb higher. (skeen & port)
MARSHALL---- still a work in progress but have some good kids too.
BELL PARK--- Booley gone! big concern for them.

Just my thoughts feel free to comment.

See how i go by years end.

Just my thoughts feel free to comment.

See how i go by years end.

The Truth 18;357336 said:

Just my thoughts feel free to comment. See how i go by years end.

Pretty close to the mark there Truth but i don't think GSM will be up there. They would have needed to recruit fairly well to give it a shake i reckon and rumours are rife that Justin Larkins, their best bat is no longer longer at the club. I think this seaosn coming more than others we will see a bit of a gap between the finals sides and the rest. I also think as has been the consensus here that Thomson, Highton and St Peters will be the sides to beat. I'm not sure that it will be Thomson by a long way though. Plus I've heard Highton have added Cox and Gill but not sure who else. St Peters have a bit to catch up on after diappointing last season but should put possibly five very good players straight into their 1st XI which should see them challenge the better sides.

Renny24;357385 said:
St Peters have a bit to catch up on after diappointing last season but should put possibly five very good players straight into their 1st XI which should see them challenge the better sides.

Can you name them? We've got Boyd, Hambrook and Lamb

The Truth 18;357336 said:

Just my thoughts feel free to comment. See how i go by years end.

Pretty close to the mark there Truth but i don't think GSM will be up there. They would have needed to recruit fairly well to give it a shake i reckon and rumours are rife that Justin Larkins, their best bat is no longer longer at the club. I think this seaosn coming more than others we will see a bit of a gap between the finals sides and the rest. I also think as has been the consensus here that Thomson, Highton and St Peters will be the sides to beat. I'm not sure that it will be Thomson by a long way though. Plus I've heard Highton have added Cox and Gill but not sure who else. St Peters have a bit to catch up on after diappointing last season but should put possibly five very good players straight into their 1st XI which should see them challenge the better sides.

a for effort;357386 said:

I am not sure of the standard difference at the moment between div 1 and 2 but D Hambrook did not quiet set the world on fire in Div 1 2nd XI so would not be looking to put too much pressure on him. He will just be looking to consolidate his spot. Surely there must be some extra players coming in to put St Peter's up to the top of the tree ??

and I believe Mitch Troy is heading back to North !!

Renny24;357385 said:
St Peters have a bit to catch up on after diappointing last season but should put possibly five very good players straight into their 1st XI which should see them challenge the better sides.

Renny24;357385 said:

and surely these 5 players must be home grown also !!

a for effort;357386 said:

I am not sure of the standard difference at the moment between div 1 and 2 but D Hambrook did not quiet set the world on fire in Div 1 2nd XI so would not be looking to put too much pressure on him. He will just be looking to consolidate his spot. Surely there must be some extra players coming in to put St Peter's up to the top of the tree ??

gca_ipl;357412 said:

Hambrook made 193 runs @ 21 and took 7 wickets @ 26 in the 2's for South Barwon in 12 matches. So I agree with you there IPL.

Mitch is heading back to North Geelong, I wonder whether Mclean will go with him?

Renny24;357385 said:

gca_ipl;357412 said:

Hambrook made 193 runs @ 21 and took 7 wickets @ 26 in the 2's for South Barwon in 12 matches. So I agree with you there IPL.

Mitch is heading back to North Geelong, I wonder whether Mclean will go with him?

thommy_rissole;357458 said:

as far as I know, Ash is staying at North Shore, we haven't spoken to him, and he hasn;t spoken to us.

gca_ipl;357413 said:

Well, i did say 'possibly'. Boydy, Charlie Lamb and Adam Gaylard. Hambrook remains to be seen I suppose but if he can get a game in the South Barwon 2nds with all the other players pushed down to the thirds with all the recruits coming in then he is doing alright;) Couple of other young blokes from some turf clubs also could push their case but at this stage we would be looking at very diffeent 1sts and 2nds side to last year at any rate. Don't get me wrong; as i said Thomson to go in as clear favourite but Highton and St Peters not far behind.

thommy_rissole;357458 said:

as far as I know, Ash is staying at North Shore, we haven't spoken to him, and he hasn;t spoken to us.

gca_ipl;357413 said:

Well, i did say 'possibly'. Boydy, Charlie Lamb and Adam Gaylard. Hambrook remains to be seen I suppose but if he can get a game in the South Barwon 2nds with all the other players pushed down to the thirds with all the recruits coming in then he is doing alright;) Couple of other young blokes from some turf clubs also could push their case but at this stage we would be looking at very diffeent 1sts and 2nds side to last year at any rate. Don't get me wrong; as i said Thomson to go in as clear favourite but Highton and St Peters not far behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back