Geelong Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat

Renny24;356810 said:
Quite impressed with Grant Dew last night to tell you the truth. Presented well, spoke forthrightly, didn't muck around. T20 comp is centred around clubs making money which is a great initiative and he wants to stamp out on-field bad behaviour, which is long overdue. Also gave the umpires a kick up the bum with regards to that issue; so whether you're a fan or not; he looks like he is on the right track.

Have to agree. Straight to the point, no messing around. Hopefully he follows through and cleans up the GCA's image. The only thing that got me was the lack of acknowledgement that bad umpiring has on some of the on field indescretions. I know we have to have umpires, but as long as they are consistent, there shouldn't be too many blow ups. It was all about coming down on players. Looks like the innocent until proven guilty line may not exist. Time will tell...

right arm medium;356916 said:
The draw has been relatively successful with.
8 teams drawn to play a team that played finals, and a team that did not, in rounds 1 and 2 (therefore playing twice)

2 teams will play 2 teams twice that did not play finals.
- BPH - have North Geelong and Manifold Twice
- East - have Manifold and Leopold Twice
2 teams will play 2 teams twice that played finals last year.
- Newtown play both grand finalists twice in Grovedale and West
- St Joeys have Lara and Grovedale twice

Coincidence that East have the 2 non-finalists twice?:rolleyes:

8 teams drawn to play a team that played finals, and a team that did not, in rounds 1 and 2 (therefore playing twice)

Second XI At Best;356922 said:

very much, it is a random draw where each club goes up and grabs a hidden number from the front. They picked well. Could go 6 straight with the club championships now !! :eek:

right arm medium;356916 said:

Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

know all;356963 said:
is shane still SIGNED to play at thomson.

my bad choice of words. nothing had been signed it was all verbal.

as far as i no shane intends on playing with thomson. i havnt spoken with him about it since i told him what was happening witn me.

pretty sure his bridge was burnt pretty bad and alot would have to change by one particular person at newcomb. which i agree with but circumstances in life change as no u would no well mate. might have been the same bloke that u ran in with.

Second XI At Best;356922 said:

very much, it is a random draw where each club goes up and grabs a hidden number from the front. They picked well. Could go 6 straight with the club championships now !! :eek:

The Truth 18;357001 said:

as far as i no shane intends on playing with thomson. i havnt spoken with him about it since i told him what was happening witn me.

pretty sure his bridge was burnt pretty bad and alot would have to change by one particular person at newcomb. which i agree with but circumstances in life change as no u would no well mate. might have been the same bloke that u ran in with.

mate u know i just like to stir... i would never take a personal shot at u on here , as ive said im glad u stayed mate. life changes always as i do very well know, i just like to stir the pot between stalbans and newcomb , i agree about not going to A.T, they r a pathetic club they dont deserve to have any decent cricketers playing there. IT 'S JUST A REAL PITY THAT THIS CERTAIN PERSON HAS CAUSED SO MUCH DAMAGE AT THE DINOS. Im sure the hard hitter and e.j. will b able rebuild from the ground up . In the end its only a game of cricket who cares where anyone wants to play its their choice.

know all;356963 said:
is shane still SIGNED to play at thomson.

know all;357009 said:
mate u know i just like to stir... i would never take a personal shot at u on here , as ive said im glad u stayed mate. life changes always as i do very well know, i just like to stir the pot between stalbans and newcomb , i agree about not going to A.T, they r a pathetic club they dont deserve to have any decent cricketers playing there. IT 'S JUST A REAL PITY THAT THIS CERTAIN PERSON HAS CAUSED SO MUCH DAMAGE AT THE DINOS. Im sure the hard hitter and e.j. will b able rebuild from the ground up . In the end its only a game of cricket who cares where anyone wants to play its their choice.

So just for a laugh then, if ya had to choose between two clubs to play at, would ya go back to newcomb or corio, or die a slow agonising death listening to tim clarke read the rules book.:D

The Truth 18;357001 said:

crktluva;357010 said:
So just for a laugh then, if ya had to choose between two clubs to play at, would ya go back to newcomb or corio, or die a slow agonising death listening to tim clarke read the rules book.:D

come on Know all, this is a good one for ya. I've played at both clubs and was coach with you at one and a premiership player with you at the other. :D

know all;357009 said:

Hard Hitter;357011 said:
come on Know all, this is a good one for ya. I've played at both clubs and was coach with you at one and a premiership player with you at the other. :D

lol i would still b at newcomb if it wasnt for their ex-president i hope this answers ur question. but if ur question is if i had to go to one or the other tomorrow , it would b newcomb aslong as the ex- pres wasnt having to do anything with the running of the club

crktluva;357010 said:

Not sure what happened at Newcomb, but its all very well for people to say a certain person wrecked the club, but who voted in this person in the first place?
If nobody else (including members of this forum) stick their hand up to do these hard jobs then i carnt see how people can complain! DONT LIKE THE WAY THE CLUBS BEING RUN THEN DO IT YOURSELF! Some people have no idea how hard it is to run a club.

And no i have nothing to do with the Newcomb.c.c

Hard Hitter;357011 said:

lol i would still b at newcomb if it wasnt for their ex-president i hope this answers ur question. but if ur question is if i had to go to one or the other tomorrow , it would b newcomb aslong as the ex- pres wasnt having to do anything with the running of the club

know all;357009 said:

yeah i no mate.

how r u guyz shaping up.

Not sure what happened at Newcomb, but its all very well for people to say a certain person wrecked the club, but who voted in this person in the first place?
If nobody else (including members of this forum) stick their hand up to do these hard jobs then i carnt see how people can complain! DONT LIKE THE WAY THE CLUBS BEING RUN THEN DO IT YOURSELF! Some people have no idea how hard it is to run a club.

whatdoumeanwashe;356703 said:

i pretty sure ive been around cricket long enough to know about the running of clubs. it was probally a bit hard for me to put my hand up and b president considering i wasnt at the club when this guy was elected. get ur facts right mate.

know all;357009 said:

yeah i no mate.

how r u guyz shaping up.

whatdoumeanwashe;356703 said:

i pretty sure ive been around cricket long enough to know about the running of clubs. it was probally a bit hard for me to put my hand up and b president considering i wasnt at the club when this guy was elected. get ur facts right mate.

know all;357025 said:

Whats that got to do with that post? read your msgs

know all;357025 said:

Whats that got to do with that post? read your msgs

whatdoumeanwashe;357021 said:

not everyone has the time that it takes to run a club, plenty want to help out, but not always able to. Need an understanding woman or no woman if ya gonna have a crack, coz it aint easy. Ya right about people not knowing how hard it is to run a club, until ya do it ya dont know. But know all has been pretty passionate about his cricket where ever he played, he has coached so id say he knows. what committee you on washed out ?

crktluva;357033 said:
not everyone has the time that it takes to run a club, plenty want to help out, but not always able to. Need an understanding woman or no woman if ya gonna have a crack, coz it aint easy. Ya right about people not knowing how hard it is to run a club, until ya do it ya dont know. But know all has been pretty passionate about his cricket where ever he played, he has coached so id say he knows. what committee you on washed out ?

As ive pm'd Know all, i wasnt having a go directly at him just people in general who do nothing and expect everything in return!

whatdoumeanwashe;357021 said:

whatdoumeanwashe;357041 said:
As ive pm'd Know all, i wasnt having a go directly at him just people in general who do nothing and expect everything in return!

so coaching for 4 years of my career and being assistant for another 3 years of it is sitting back and doing nothing......:eek:

crktluva;357033 said:

The Brick Wall;357028 said:
what are going to be the strong sides in division 2 this year?

The usual suspects I would think; Thomson, St Peters, Highton, North Shore of course and probably Murgheboluc; though the latter really needs to make the finals soon.

whatdoumeanwashe;357041 said:

so coaching for 4 years of my career and being assistant for another 3 years of it is sitting back and doing nothing......:eek:

Renny24;357097 said:
The usual suspects I would think; Thomson, St Peters, Highton, North Shore of course and probably Murgheboluc; though the latter really needs to make the finals soon.

They did, such as it was. Got washed out and eliminated because North Shore won.

The Brick Wall;357028 said:
what are going to be the strong sides in division 2 this year?

Renny24;357097 said:

a for effort;357098 said:
They did, such as it was. Got washed out and eliminated because North Shore won.

Thank you, A4E. In second possie going into last round, washed out second day of last round (everyone else played), also no play either day in qualifying final so out in straight sets with not a ball bowled in anger.

Renny24;357097 said:

crktluva;356783 said:
i think you will find any club i have played at will agree i made more than your average contribution. Lara 78-92, marshall 93-05 life member, and wallington 06 on.

Just out of curiosity, what criteria do various clubs have for life membership? No disrespect to crktluva (I know you were on the committee and secretary for a while), but judging from the number of LMs on Marshall's honourboards, you don't have to spend as much time there possibly as some other clubs. Nothing like a good shit-fight over life memberships; heard of a few over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back