Geelong Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat

It's only going to be 33 on Saturday according to todays forecast, down from the 40 that they predicted at the start of the week.

There's no chance they'll call it off, I played at Western Oval about 5 years ago and the wheather in Geelong was 42 or 43 and I recken there with that bike track it must of been well over 50 degrees. I think you played that game Feather:confused:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;317696 said:
There's no chance they'll call it off, I played at Western Oval about 5 years ago and the wheather in Geelong was 42 or 43 and I recken there with that bike track it must of been well over 50 degrees. I think you played that game Feather:confused:

i remember that day, it was jacko malletts wedding that day and the cats played sunday so i didnt play. it was 50 on the bike track coz we had the reading. that was dangerously hot that day

We played Marshall at Marshall. Lost the toss and bowled; knocked 'em over for 180. Batted for 10 overs at end of the day and finished about 5/20 i reckon; all our batsman were knackered.

i remember that day, it was jacko malletts wedding that day and the cats played sunday so i didnt play. it was 50 on the bike track coz we had the reading. that was dangerously hot that day

Renny24;317787 said:
We played Marshall at Marshall. Lost the toss and bowled; knocked 'em over for 180. Batted for 10 overs at end of the day and finished about 5/20 i reckon; all our batsman were knackered.
thats the same day we played leopold in the 3s... bowled leopold out for 130 and were 2/200 over nite.. good day that one.. wasnt required to bowl and just fielded at 2nd slip all day.. also that same day our 4's called it off and decided to play a 1 day game the week after.. the league werent too happy with that

Renny24;317787 said:

probably just a brilliant,fiery spell by the mighty bears opening bowlers id say

Renny24;317787 said:
thats the same day we played leopold in the 3s... bowled leopold out for 130 and were 2/200 over nite.. good day that one.. wasnt required to bowl and just fielded at 2nd slip all day.. also that same day our 4's called it off and decided to play a 1 day game the week after.. the league werent too happy with that

I remember that day, I was out early and happy to be! I think we racked up a big score though, didn't Big Red have a day in the sun? Remember him coming off and sinking about 3 cans of Solo and being unable to talk, then the cool change came in 5 minutes later!

Renny24;317787 said:

probably just a brilliant,fiery spell by the mighty bears opening bowlers id say

I Bowl Meat Pies;317800 said:

BPH V Highton 4ths on same day: Highton walked off the field halfway through the day and said they weren't playing anymore whilst BPH was 2/200. Both sides turn up the next week and BPH did the same thing. GCA handed Highton the win and BPH a big fine.

I remember that day, I was out early and happy to be! I think we racked up a big score though, didn't Big Red have a day in the sun? Remember him coming off and sinking about 3 cans of Solo and being unable to talk, then the cool change came in 5 minutes later!

Renny24;318120 said:
BPH V Highton 4ths on same day: Highton walked off the field halfway through the day and said they weren't playing anymore whilst BPH was 2/200. Both sides turn up the next week and BPH did the same thing. GCA handed Highton the win and BPH a big fine.

that would have been when fisher and his band of merry *******s hated BPH for winning so much.

I Bowl Meat Pies;317800 said:

Bluey Connelly;317886 said:

Yeah that's the one it was sickening, Bowman's knock reminded me of Deano in India at Madras in '86/'87:D

Renny24;318120 said:

that would have been when fisher and his band of merry *******s hated BPH for winning so much.

I feel sorry for any waynekerr who has to go and play at the stinkhole out at the foot of the you yangs.

Its in the middle of nowhere with no shade! They havent invented electricity out there yet, and they dont wash.

So for anyone going to little river this weekend.

Suffer in your jocks!

Woo go frogs

at least our river has some water in it!

Bluey Connelly;317886 said:

Yeah that's the one it was sickening, Bowman's knock reminded me of Deano in India at Madras in '86/'87:D

Bnichols;318211 said:
I feel sorry for any waynekerr who has to go and play at the stinkhole out at the foot of the you yangs.

Its in the middle of nowhere with no shade! They havent invented electricity out there yet, and they dont wash.

Suffer in your jocks!

Woo go frogs

Is there a river running through Murgheboluc?

If Murgheboluc get turf in, will they be eligible for the COGG Turf Fund?

Suffer in your jocks!

Woo go frogs

Renny24;318236 said:

Creek next to the ground. people actually like to visit it, run along etc.

At Little river, you would dump a stolen car in it.

Bnichols;318211 said:

Suffer in your jocks!

Woo go frogs

Bnichols;318285 said:

Probably time for Murghebluc to dispense with the sherade and changed their name to something else. Half of their club wouldn't have even been to Murgheboluc let alone have played there and both club grounds and rooms are about 30kms from the town.

Renny24;318236 said:

I see Andrew Symonds made 5 yesterday. Should be enough to get him on the tour to South Africa and extend his test career?! Never has to do much to impress people that bloke. Australia should take the chance and retire both he and Brett Lee now.

Bnichols;318285 said:

Probably time for Murghebluc to dispense with the sherade and changed their name to something else. Half of their club wouldn't have even been to Murgheboluc let alone have played there and both club grounds and rooms are about 30kms from the town.

Renny24;318874 said:

fully agree with renny24 on this, the Murghebuloc name is a scam. ya dont play there, nobody lives there, just get rid of it. other than b.nichols who at the club has even played at the murgheboluc ground, not many id say. all other clubs change names when its appropriate, and its time the frogs moved out of the swamp and changed names. Shannon Park could be a good one, its heaps closer:rolleyes:

I see Andrew Symonds made 5 yesterday. Should be enough to get him on the tour to South Africa and extend his test career?! Never has to do much to impress people that bloke. Australia should take the chance and retire both he and Brett Lee now.

crktluva;319580 said:
fully agree with renny24 on this, the Murghebuloc name is a scam. ya dont play there, nobody lives there, just get rid of it. other than b.nichols who at the club has even played at the murgheboluc ground, not many id say. all other clubs change names when its appropriate, and its time the frogs moved out of the swamp and changed names. Shannon Park could be a good one, its heaps closer:rolleyes:

Geelong Cement CC shifting grounds and immediately changing name to Manifold Heights CC comes to mind.

Renny24;318874 said:

crktluva;319580 said:

Geelong Cement CC shifting grounds and immediately changing name to Manifold Heights CC comes to mind.

Renny24;320505 said:
Bell Post Hill wasn't it SBOW?

He is from england and had his first game on turf this season, not a bad effort id say. Pity BPH have two poms so they cant play in the same grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back