Geelong Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat

daniel_son_91;301243 said:
St Albans breakwater playing turf next season ( if im not mistaken ) could be getting back early to know his team mates ( any chance of jnrs reunion seeing Hester, Mills, & Shiell all head back to St Albans ??

I would love to see them come back to us when we go into the GCA next season. I personally haven't spoken to any of them about it one on one yet, but i think it would be a good opportunity for them to come back to their club when the club itself is in such a good position at the moment. Ithink there is plenty of potential there especially with Millsy.

thommy_rissole;301238 said:
Bourney wouldn't be celebrating if Maher went back to St Albans/Breakwater, no room for 2 spinners on the concrete ;)

Obviously if that was the case he'd have to earn his stripes as #2:D:D

supersaintjohnny;301489 said:
I would love to see them come back to us when we go into the GCA next season. I personally haven't spoken to any of them about it one on one yet, but i think it would be a good opportunity for them to come back to their club when the club itself is in such a good position at the moment. Ithink there is plenty of potential there especially with Millsy.

do you guys know if youre going div 2 or 3. with promtoion and relegation back in it wont surprise me if they make you go div 3 first and earn div 2. that would be crap in my opinion, bpca is better than div 3 and you guys are clearly ready for div 2.

Bourney wouldn't be celebrating if Maher went back to St Albans/Breakwater, no room for 2 spinners on the concrete ;)

St Albans breakwater playing turf next season ( if im not mistaken ) could be getting back early to know his team mates ( any chance of jnrs reunion seeing Hester, Mills, & Shiell all head back to St Albans ??

I think of the three Millsy will be the one that we would like to see come back.

crktluva;301550 said:
do you guys know if youre going div 2 or 3. with promtoion and relegation back in it wont surprise me if they make you go div 3 first and earn div 2. that would be crap in my opinion, bpca is better than div 3 and you guys are clearly ready for div 2.

It's all up in the air but if I was to lay a bet I'd say Div3 if they kept the same system as this year.
There is a rumor getting around that all of Div3 will either become it's own comp or go into the BPCA making two divisions, with it just being like the old SLCA in BPCA div2.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;301596 said:

I think of the three Millsy will be the one that we would like to see come back.

( having been able to see most turf games this year ) with our saturday/sunday rotations and me playing on 3rds most weeks, ive changed my opinion hugely, and see Millsy so far ahead of Hester now, if Millsy isnt Captain by age 20 he would be very stiff.

crktluva;301550 said:

It's all up in the air but if I was to lay a bet I'd say Div3 if they kept the same system as this year.
There is a rumor getting around that all of Div3 will either become it's own comp or go into the BPCA making two divisions, with it just being like the old SLCA in BPCA div2.

daniel_son_91;301787 said:
( having been able to see most turf games this year ) with our saturday/sunday rotations and me playing on 3rds most weeks, ive changed my opinion hugely, and see Millsy so far ahead of Hester now, if Millsy isnt Captain by age 20 he would be very stiff.

Millsy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hester

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;301596 said:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;301789 said:
hester... for such a young bloke has a rather large mouth... if only he could play cricket as good as he talks it up

Mills.... seems like a good young talent.. does have good leadership, but i dunno where his heart lies.. he seemed pretty keen last year wen playing juniors with st albans... and after watching them play for newcomb in the 1s last week im not to sure if hes enjoying his cricket as much as wat he was last year

daniel_son_91;301787 said:

I Bowl Meat Pies;301802 said:
hester... for such a young bloke has a rather large mouth... if only he could play cricket as good as he talks it up

Mills.... seems like a good young talent.. does have good leadership, but i dunno where his heart lies.. he seemed pretty keen last year wen playing juniors with st albans... and after watching them play for newcomb in the 1s last week im not to sure if hes enjoying his cricket as much as wat he was last year

Millsy only ever left to play turf, so hopefully now it's in for next year he'll think about coming back.

And with him being a keeper also there more than likely will be a spot in our 1sts for a keeper next year with our current one more than likely to finish up at the end of the season. He won't ever keep wicket at Newcomb with Ando being there.

Time will tell I guess.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;301789 said:

Millsy is a good solid little bat. He plays nice and straight and waits for the right ball to hit. In saying this i disagree that he will be captaining a side by the time he turns twenty. Although Millsy is a great kid he does keep to himself a lot and is pretty quiet. I doubt that he would make a good leader until maybe the later years in his career.

Millsy only ever left to play turf, so hopefully now it's in for next year he'll think about coming back.

And with him being a keeper also there more than likely will be a spot in our 1sts for a keeper next year with our current one more than likely to finish up at the end of the season. He won't ever keep wicket at Newcomb with Ando being there.

Time will tell I guess.

supersaintjohnny;301812 said:
Millsy is a good solid little bat. He plays nice and straight and waits for the right ball to hit. In saying this i disagree that he will be captaining a side by the time he turns twenty. Although Millsy is a great kid he does keep to himself a lot and is pretty quiet. I doubt that he would make a good leader until maybe the later years in his career.
Yerr i agree hes a quite bloke.. i never sed he'd captain when hes 20.. that was sumone else but yes... he will be a good leader.. and a bloke that all the young blokes coming thru the grades would look up to

it will be interesting to see wat happens next year.. as bourney sed.. ur 1s made need a keeper next year.. i no ando's handed over the gloves to tielens once but i dunno if he'd do it agen or not

I Bowl Meat Pies;301822 said:
Yerr i agree hes a quite bloke.. i never sed he'd captain when hes 20.. that was sumone else but yes... he will be a good leader.. and a bloke that all the young blokes coming thru the grades would look up to

it will be interesting to see wat happens next year.. as bourney sed.. ur 1s made need a keeper next year.. i no ando's handed over the gloves to tielens once but i dunno if he'd do it agen or not

I don't think Ando would hand the gloves over to MIllsy. Ando is a much better keeper. Haven't seen heaps of Millsy keepin, but from what i have seen he does the basics ok. Ando miles ahead of him at the moment.

supersaintjohnny;301812 said:

supersaintjohnny;301862 said:
I don't think Ando would hand the gloves over to MIllsy. Ando is a much better keeper. Haven't seen heaps of Millsy keepin, but from what i have seen he does the basics ok. Ando miles ahead of him at the moment.

If Millsy was gonna be strangled for oppurtunities with Newcomb, then perhaps he should move somewhere else, but i wouldnt reccomend a side that wont make the cut in GCA 1 like St Albans, there playing with a side that might just up & leave, Millsy could be one of the best in the GCA if he is looked after right, good luck to him aswell hes a top bloke !

daniel_son_91;301895 said:
If Millsy was gonna be strangled for oppurtunities with Newcomb, then perhaps he should move somewhere else, but i wouldnt reccomend a side that wont make the cut in GCA 1 like St Albans, there playing with a side that might just up & leave, Millsy could be one of the best in the GCA if he is looked after right, good luck to him aswell hes a top bloke !

Up and leave? You mean like all the players at Newcomb in the last few years?

Treat players right and they'll stay forever, maybe your club should try it instead of paying blokes in Vodka Cruisers:eek:

And speaking of up and leaving, your got blokes from your ones talking to other clubs already for next year, I know for a fact because a couple of your better players have been in contact with us about next year;)

supersaintjohnny;301862 said:

daniel_son_91;301895 said:

Up and leave? You mean like all the players at Newcomb in the last few years?

Treat players right and they'll stay forever, maybe your club should try it instead of paying blokes in Vodka Cruisers:eek:

And speaking of up and leaving, your got blokes from your ones talking to other clubs already for next year, I know for a fact because a couple of your better players have been in contact with us about next year;)

I'll throw my 20c worth in.

Hester is playing above the grade he should be (would be playing 2nds at most other Div 1 clubs). Bowls gentle medium pace and at the moment he hasn't learnt his craft enough to be able to get batsmen out (1 wicket @ 175). Played against him in the 2s 3 years ago, talks a lot of sh*t.

Mills looks an exciting prospect, Right Arm Medium could possibly atest to that (68 against the Grovedale). (174 runs @ 25)

Shiell is the other St Albans boy i believe, been in and out of the first team.

The one who i think has massive scope for improvement would be Josh Janssen. I've only seen him bat once but he looked quite composed against a rampaging Brad Scown when Dinos played the Magpies. (114 runs @ 19).

All these blokes i went to school with and i would say would only be 18 so i think if they can hang around at the Dino's it's not all doom and gloom.

On the other hand i like everyone else keeps hearing rumours of who's going and who's staying at the Dino Den. JP can you clear it all up, cheers. :)

anyone noticed how out of whack the BPCA A grade ladder is, it seems some sides are getting points for draws and others aren't. do we get 3 for a draw or nothing, if not the ladder will change a fair bit.:confused:

Hester is playing above the grade he should be (would be playing 2nds at most other Div 1 clubs). Bowls gentle medium pace and at the moment he hasn't learnt his craft enough to be able to get batsmen out (1 wicket @ 175). Played against him in the 2s 3 years ago, talks a lot of sh*t.

Mills looks an exciting prospect, Right Arm Medium could possibly atest to that (68 against the Grovedale). (174 runs @ 25)

The one who i think has massive scope for improvement would be Josh Janssen. I've only seen him bat once but he looked quite composed against a rampaging Brad Scown when Dinos played the Magpies. (114 runs @ 19).

All these blokes i went to school with and i would say would only be 18 so i think if they can hang around at the Dino's it's not all doom and gloom.

On the other hand i like everyone else keeps hearing rumours of who's going and who's staying at the Dino Den. JP can you clear it all up, cheers. :)

I was in England and there was no handing over of the gloves. NDCC just recruited Teilo. Needed someone. Millsy on the other hand wouldn't keep as there is a reason for it. but those who know the young fella would no the reason behind it. As for future leader, he will be a great leader of a club and time will tell if that happens, great kid and huge prospect for Geelong cricket. :D

anyone noticed how out of whack the BPCA A grade ladder is, it seems some sides are getting points for draws and others aren't. do we get 3 for a draw or nothing, if not the ladder will change a fair bit.:confused:

thommy_rissole;302056 said:

Like any club Rissole you go through your ups and downs and no matter what situation in from here on in there is only look towards the future, Jansen, Mills, Hester, and the likes are the future of the club IF they all choose to stay. Unfortunatley for the Dino's at this stage there isn't enough ticker in the side and players who care about each other. Other words too many Superstars. If NDCC are serious about moving in any direction for the future it has to start the first game back from Xmas.

Tough times but every club goes through them but hard when you dont have a ground, it will be the hardest year i have had the NDCC. The question will be as always is how many will jump ship. Just look at the player lists from up to 5 years ago. Just a couple of names that have left;

Miller (Geelong)
Murray(St.Albans)
Jones (St.Albans)
Smiljanic (Thomson)
Bennett (St.Albans)
Addy (St.Albans)
Cherry (Geelong City)
Teilans (Nth Geelong)
D.Kiddle (BPH/Retired)
Farnsworth (St.Joesephs)
Babbs (Sth.Barwon)

there maybe a few more i cant think of but if you ask me if we end up in Divy 2, you can then add Koliba, C.Ford, K.Ford. Disappionting player wise because there all top blokes and get along with everyone of them but you will always have clashes between players but it shows that peolpe dont put up with it otherwise they would still be playing with us. The thing that hursts the most is that you couldn't possibly say that if they all stuck at newcomb then we would go close to having a Divy 1 premiership.

When you look at the 3 players that will definatley go then its not the best but its not the end of the world. Still have some good jnr's at the club but when you have players only worrying about themselves and would rather complain about what people are trying to do than actually do something about it then it does'nt make for a good feeling amoungst the group. Changes are happening and time will only tell with the old Dino Den.

:(:(:(

I was in England and there was no handing over of the gloves. NDCC just recruited Teilo. Needed someone. Millsy on the other hand wouldn't keep as there is a reason for it. but those who know the young fella would no the reason behind it. As for future leader, he will be a great leader of a club and time will tell if that happens, great kid and huge prospect for Geelong cricket. :D

crktluva;302390 said:

From the info on the A grade ladder it looks like teams are missing 3 points each. Probably for the last round where some clubs didn't turn up and some did? Don't be surprised if those that did turn up complain about the clubs that didn't and want the 6 points rather than the 3??!!

It'll be interesting to see what develops when they start next weekend.

thommy_rissole;302056 said:

Like any club Rissole you go through your ups and downs and no matter what situation in from here on in there is only look towards the future, Jansen, Mills, Hester, and the likes are the future of the club IF they all choose to stay. Unfortunatley for the Dino's at this stage there isn't enough ticker in the side and players who care about each other. Other words too many Superstars. If NDCC are serious about moving in any direction for the future it has to start the first game back from Xmas.

Tough times but every club goes through them but hard when you dont have a ground, it will be the hardest year i have had the NDCC. The question will be as always is how many will jump ship. Just look at the player lists from up to 5 years ago. Just a couple of names that have left;

Miller (Geelong)
Murray(St.Albans)
Jones (St.Albans)
Smiljanic (Thomson)
Bennett (St.Albans)
Addy (St.Albans)
Cherry (Geelong City)
Teilans (Nth Geelong)
D.Kiddle (BPH/Retired)
Farnsworth (St.Joesephs)
Babbs (Sth.Barwon)

there maybe a few more i cant think of but if you ask me if we end up in Divy 2, you can then add Koliba, C.Ford, K.Ford. Disappionting player wise because there all top blokes and get along with everyone of them but you will always have clashes between players but it shows that peolpe dont put up with it otherwise they would still be playing with us. The thing that hursts the most is that you couldn't possibly say that if they all stuck at newcomb then we would go close to having a Divy 1 premiership.

When you look at the 3 players that will definatley go then its not the best but its not the end of the world. Still have some good jnr's at the club but when you have players only worrying about themselves and would rather complain about what people are trying to do than actually do something about it then it does'nt make for a good feeling amoungst the group. Changes are happening and time will only tell with the old Dino Den.

:(:(:(

ok heres wat i reckon
mills- word is that he has promise. but as a batsman he should never, EVER be playing back to me. i bowl half rat pace, and especially on the wicket we played on you had to get forward. so playing back to a slow bowler on a pitch that doesnt get up. still a lot of learning to be done there. as far as leadership goes, wouldnt have a clue, i didnt hear him much wen i was out there

chester- got him out, duck mind you. smashed them in juniors last yr but hasnt gone on. sam said he bowled well so theres something positive. big mouth though.. i no a few north boys who would like to stitch him up

shiell- loved the bloke, took no offence to my light hearted banter. solid defence for a number 10, but no real aggressive shots.

as far as them staying at newcomb, id say theyd prefer to play the higher standard, if both in same divi theyd prob go back st albans as they only left to play a higher standard

crktluva;302390 said:

From the info on the A grade ladder it looks like teams are missing 3 points each. Probably for the last round where some clubs didn't turn up and some did? Don't be surprised if those that did turn up complain about the clubs that didn't and want the 6 points rather than the 3??!!

It'll be interesting to see what develops when they start next weekend.

ants14;303374 said:
ok heres wat i reckon
mills- word is that he has promise. but as a batsman he should never, EVER be playing back to me. i bowl half rat pace, and especially on the wicket we played on you had to get forward. so playing back to a slow bowler on a pitch that doesnt get up. still a lot of learning to be done there. as far as leadership goes, wouldnt have a clue, i didnt hear him much wen i was out there

chester- got him out, duck mind you. smashed them in juniors last yr but hasnt gone on. sam said he bowled well so theres something positive. big mouth though.. i no a few north boys who would like to stitch him up

shiell- loved the bloke, took no offence to my light hearted banter. solid defence for a number 10, but no real aggressive shots.

as far as them staying at newcomb, id say theyd prefer to play the higher standard, if both in same divi theyd prob go back st albans as they only left to play a higher standard

here my 2cents.

all very young, got a lot of learning and newcomb should try there hardest tokeep them but if they leave thats just wat happens.

ok heres wat i reckon

ants14;303374 said:
ok heres wat i reckon

Its not all about u ants... but still u did get him out and that was the best wicket of the day... nothing better than seeing that bloke sulk off the ground after failing with the bat

big mouth... all talk.. very little action.. thats all u ever get with chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back