Geelong Player Movements 2010

Re: Geelong Player Movements 2010

workinprogress;401984 said:
Why don't South need a keeper?
Is Breuer planning a farewell tour Johnny Farnham style

Breuer will be using a green and gold bean bag to keep in this year. Alot easier on the knees that way! There are a couple of up and coming keepers at SBCC that will more than likely be given a crack this season.

Trundler;401976 said:
LOL, don't you play for South Barwon???

Yeh knackers I do and bloody proud of it!:cool:

I think you might find that there are more players aged under 30 than over 30 in the 1sts at SBCC. This will be even more the case next year as a few guys will be stepping back a bit and letting the younger guys through.

fineleg2fineleg;401987 said:
Yeh knackers I do and bloody proud of it!:cool:

I think you might find that there are more players aged under 30 than over 30 in the 1sts at SBCC. This will be even more the case next year as a few guys will be stepping back a bit and letting the younger guys through.

30? That's terrific!

fineleg2fineleg;401992 said:
30+ is about when most Poms start there career isn't it AB?

Can't speak for others, but mine finished at 29!

Also, Ashes + T20 World Cup = BOOM.

AB1;401994 said:
Can't speak for others, but mine finished at 29!

Also, Ashes + T20 World Cup = BOOM.

250 years of cricket and thats all u got to show!!!!!

HOW PATHETIC..... didnt u guys invent this game???:D

workinprogress;401984 said:
Why don't South need a keeper?
Is Breuer planning a farewell tour Johnny Farnham style

more of a case of us already locking in a UK all rounder from Hornet's current UK club, thus not being able to look at 2 overseas in the one side. Still might be a spot for this young guy in our remaining sides. The 1st XI keeping spot for South would be up for grabs between a few options from within the club. I hear that Linke guy had even contemplated the gloves ??

cheer_cheer;402017 said:
more of a case of us already locking in a UK all rounder from Hornet's current UK club, thus not being able to look at 2 overseas in the one side. Still might be a spot for this young guy in our remaining sides. The 1st XI keeping spot for South would be up for grabs between a few options from within the club. I hear that Linke guy had even contemplated the gloves ??

Ben Burkhill? Shall i tell him to bring his hard-wicket runners?

Babies Arm;401995 said:
250 years of cricket and thats all u got to show!!!!!

HOW PATHETIC..... didnt u guys invent this game???:D

Woeful banter.... We just introduce stuff to the savages so you stop drawing pictures on cave walls with your own doo doo.

cheer_cheer;402041 said:
how did you know it was him ?? Is he any good ??

Was an educated guess, he is the only other bloke in the Northowram side that would know how to hold a bat!!! I played with Ben at Pudsey Congs. I'll instruct him that at SB, as a pom, if he doesn't make 150 and get 6fer in his first game, he'll be in the 4ths the next week......

Yours in sport....

AB1;402050 said:
Was an educated guess, he is the only other bloke in the Northowram side that would know how to hold a bat!!! I played with Ben at Pudsey Congs. I'll instruct him that at SB, as a pom, if he doesn't make 150 and get 6fer in his first game, he'll be in the 4ths the next week......

Yours in sport....
funny u say that.. we played south barwon in the 4ths last game of the home and away season last year.. a pommy bloke opened the bat and looked like he could play a bit... lucky we got him early but not before he cover drove 2 consecutive balls for 6 over cover, down on 1 knee

I Bowl Meat Pies;402165 said:
funny u say that.. we played south barwon in the 4ths last game of the home and away season last year.. a pommy bloke opened the bat and looked like he could play a bit... lucky we got him early but not before he cover drove 2 consecutive balls for 6 over cover, down on 1 knee

That would have been Slats. Started the year looking the goods in the 2's, but as the year went on, he couldn't put a score together and found himself falling down the grades until he hit the 4's for the last couple of rounds. He looked magic in the nets. Game day was a struggle though. Ripper bloke and will be missed around the club.

ab1;402050 said:
was an educated guess, he is the only other bloke in the northowram side that would know how to hold a bat!!! I played with ben at pudsey congs. I'll instruct him that at sb, as a pom, if he doesn't make 150 and get 6fer in his first game, he'll be in the 4ths the next week......

Yours in sport....

^GOL

McMahon medalist Louis Bentley isn't coming back.

AB1;402050 said:

Yours in sport....

^GOL

McMahon medalist Louis Bentley isn't coming back.

fineleg2fineleg;402167 said:
That would have been Slats. Started the year looking the goods in the 2's, but as the year went on, he couldn't put a score together and found himself falling down the grades until he hit the 4's for the last couple of rounds. He looked magic in the nets. Game day was a struggle though. Ripper bloke and will be missed around the club.

cheer cheer to that. He did not set the world on fire on the field but was a top decent bloke. Check out his stats on My Cricket to see the season he had. I think AB may be used to playing at some of the weaker sides in the comp with little depth to have the luxury as some clubs have to be able to drop guys throughout grades ;-) If you are looking to limit the amount of interchanges made in the AFL then I would be thinking if you were looking at making limits on the amount of changes which could be made between grades then South would be right up against that limit with 7 pretty competitive sides !! Also with AB having the chance to bat on the South wicket in a T20 and making a big score then I am sure he can see how hard it would actually be as a batsmen not to score runs on that thing, lol.

cheer_cheer;402216 said:
cheer cheer to that. He did not set the world on fire on the field but was a top decent bloke. Check out his stats on My Cricket to see the season he had. I think AB may be used to playing at some of the weaker sides in the comp with little depth to have the luxury as some clubs have to be able to drop guys throughout grades ;-) If you are looking to limit the amount of interchanges made in the AFL then I would be thinking if you were looking at making limits on the amount of changes which could be made between grades then South would be right up against that limit with 7 pretty competitive sides !! Also with AB having the chance to bat on the South wicket in a T20 and making a big score then I am sure he can see how hard it would actually be as a batsmen not to score runs on that thing, lol.

Wow. "Cheer Cheer in almost saying what he thinks shocker!!!" I wasn't really thinking about Slatts, to be fair, and SB do have form in this area beforehand...But look, don't get upset about it Cheer Cheer, and start having a go at other clubs. That would be very un-Cheer Cheer-like.The "weaker" club i played at played finals in the 1's and 2's last year, and whilst had a disappointing effort, still played finals..... With a few more bring-ins from otside the club, they could challenge... And yes, if you can't get runs on that....

cheer_cheer;402216 said:

AB1;402223 said:
Wow. "Cheer Cheer in almost saying what he thinks shocker!!!" I wasn't really thinking about Slatts, to be fair, and SB do have form in this area beforehand...But look, don't get upset about it Cheer Cheer, and start having a go at other clubs. That would be very un-Cheer Cheer-like. And yes, if you can't get runs on that....

......Click here.............

Back