General Chat 12/13

BOM were consulted i believe and not one drop of rain fell
If you read my post carefully, I did say that it probably wouldn't rain, still a strange decision going on what the BOM website had forecasted. Not everyone has a direct phone line to the BOM. No damage was done luckily so the Vtca got away with it and all clubs can carry on towards finals!

Strange decision !, i would say common sence after the hot conditions

I don’t propose to think what parkcricket is trying to say, but it seemed weird that the decision was optional.

It is either going to rain and everybody should put covers down, or it isn’t going to rain so you don’t have to bother. To get the text that says you can put them down if you want – it all seemed a bit half pregnant to me

In the end – I don’t think it mattered

I don’t propose to think what parkcricket is trying to say, but it seemed weird that the decision was optional.

It is either going to rain and everybody should put covers down, or it isn’t going to rain so you don’t have to bother. To get the text that says you can put them down if you want – it all seemed a bit half pregnant to me

In the end – I don’t think it mattered
The optional is because some clubs have councils that put their sprinklers on

Hey guys, any players interested in a season up in Darwin during the Vic off season, please message me your name and i can let you know more. Cheers

I heard from a few blokes that Carnegie are replacing south Caulfield after they fielded an ineligible player??

Carnegie got the call up early last week and were asked to field a side against Parkdale on Tuesday 22nd of Jan. They beat parkdale on the night oo .. Not bad for a South A Division team to make the final 8. Beating McKinnon, Murrumbeena, Tieing with Sth Caulfield and then losing in a Super Over and then beating Parkdale in the Elimination.

Port Melbourne on the 29th being played at Koornang Park with a 5:30 start should be a good game. Come down and have a look ( unless training ) ..

Carnegie got the call up early last week and were asked to field a side against Parkdale on Tuesday 22nd of Jan. They beat parkdale on the night oo .. Not bad for a South A Division team to make the final 8. Beating McKinnon, Murrumbeena, Tieing with Sth Caulfield and then losing in a Super Over and then beating Parkdale in the Elimination.

Port Melbourne on the 29th being played at Koornang Park with a 5:30 start should be a good game. Come down and have a look ( unless training ) ..
There are two South A sides in the final 8. Hampton are playing Old mentonians. We beat Clayton (another South A side) who funnily enough finished second in their group - dont know what happened to Beaumaris who topped that group

Hey guys, I have a mate who plays for a club in south of England looking for a bowling all-rounder this coming season. Flights, accommodation and work available. I played in the same comp a few years ago - good standard, good blokes. PM me if interested or you know anyone who might be.

2 VTCA clubs in the CV T20 Metro Final this Sunday. South Caulfield V Merlyston Hadfield, 1pm at South Caulfield, winner to play the state final at the MCG

Hey guys, I have a mate who plays for a club in south of England looking for a bowling all-rounder this coming season. Flights, accommodation and work available. I played in the same comp a few years ago - good standard, good blokes. PM me if interested or you know anyone who might be.
That's my son in law you want D.Rubble Patcholi he bowls smoke and with his blond hair will have the locals talking about him for years :p

Believe a Senior Division club is under review for breaching the player points cap could lead to major changes to the ladder if found guilty by the executive !! Anyone know who ? And why?

Oh !!! South Caulfield !!!
We at SCCC would like to put our hand up and say we are the club under investigation, for permit / clearance problems. It has nothing to do with pts (as we have been under the pts in every senior game played).
We will not comment from here on until the situation plays its self out.. Long way to go... it will be interesting!! trust me...

We at SCCC would like to put our hand up and say we are the club under investigation, for permit / clearance problems. It has nothing to do with pts (as we have been under the pts in every senior game played).
We will not comment from here on until the situation plays its self out.. Long way to go... it will be interesting!! trust me...
Good Luck !!! VTCA rules are pretty clean cut in this area all clubs should know this !!

Back