General Chat 12/13

Need to adjust the points criteria first I reckon. Things I find weird

· 2 points for junior players. The philosophy behind the points is to foster encouragement of, and investment in junior programs. Must make it zero and hopefully we can get all clubs working towards sustainability. Happy to include “old school” boys in that if they want

· Less points for an international 1st class player (9) than a premier cricket player who plays 5 games the previous year (10)

Can’t help but thinking the horse has bolted with points though. The theory was to foster development as I said before – not to allow clubs to top up with more imported guns, just because their current imported guns have now lost a few points. Can’t think of a way to do that now, other than increasing points for new players whilst decreasing “homegrown” players to zero

I cant be bothered reading the rules, so can you tell me if the points system is right through to every grade??

Can anyone confirm if VTCA are doing a review on the player points cap? in which case the points cap will be announced in may as per the rules. otherwise it should have been announced in 1st april?

Player points are the same for all grades within the VTCA. U can now go shopping for Poms and SriLanks like everybody else. Your limit is about 45 points.

Thanks Coq but the Sri Lankan thing didnt really work for us this year, but atleast the points system makes it interesting now;)

It's been a week since the VTCA Presentation night, and there's nothing on their web site listing the teams of the season, or the winners of the player of the year in the different divisions.

So who was there, and can let us know who won the awards, and who was in the different teams?

It's been a week since the VTCA Presentation night, and there's nothing on their web site listing the teams of the season, or the winners of the player of the year in the different divisions.

So who was there, and can let us know who won the awards, and who was in the different teams?
They did put out the newslettery thingy which had it all in there. Can't remember them all off the top of my head!!!

Ah, you're right. I went to the web site and saw the reference to the Ganrd Final Preview, so assumed it had not been updated since the finals finished.

Thanks - question answered.

Actually, my question was not quite answered. The only proper "Team of the Year" was Senior Division, no mention of the lower divisions.

I also noted this statement from the VTCA President about Old Mentonians: "Having won the South Division flag in 2011/12, and then in their very first season in Senior Division..." By my calculations this was OM's 16th season in Senior Division, having previously been in the top division from 1985/86 through to 1999/2000. However that does not lessen the achievement of winning in the first year after being promoted - a major accomplishment.

Points cap is 42 for next season.

On another note, I have heard that the VTCA may be loosing some more south clubs in their lower grades. One club looking to move their lower XI's into another turf comp. Not a good sign for the VT.

Back