General Chat 12/13

so its either 9 teams Senior South & 9 teams South A or 8 teams Senior South and 10 South A. Looks like the ball rests with Carnegie as to what to do seeing Aspendale rejected the option to go to Senior South. Looks like RJS004 is from Carnegie land...Whats the story???

Carnegie and Bonbeach are both being promoted to South Division .. From Carnegie's point of view, we were not overly happy with playing our 1st Xi against other sides 2nd XI. Plus the whisper of further re-structures meant that we would be better of served in South Division if further re-structures are to take place.

We see this as a challenge for our club this season and an opportunity.

Time will tell if it was the right call.

So at a guess..
South Div - Port, Murr, Moor Pk, Mck, Carn, Bonbeach, Hamp, Clayton, Chelt & Chelsea

South A - Highett, Aspen, Park Utd, Mid Pk, Heatherton, Mentone, Mck 2nds & Old Men 2nds

Did I miss anyone?

They did state it was a "Draft". Is there any objections over snr 2nds sides playing against teams outside snr? Like West B1 teams??

They did state it was a "Draft". Is there any objections over snr 2nds sides playing against teams outside snr? Like West B1 teams??
Happened a couple of years ago when Greenvale didn't field a senior 2nds side.. Not ideal but beats having a bye a missing two weeks.. Overall I think the VTCA have done well with the draw under challenging conditions.
a

How are you guys looking? Is Bacon coming back or staying in UK?
Bentleigh look the pick of the pre-season with their Poms and Kiwis, they'll have to manage points with 2 First Class players, but will be looking good for a tilt back at finals. Yarraville with Mato on board just increase their runs. Beauy with the Hampshire lads, and expect Strathmore to be top 4 with Sanders, Kennedy in their team.

George is still unknown he has had a good season at Notts and it will depend on whether he will be allowed to come out. These things happen. We still have 1-2 players coming out 1 is certain and another we are awaiting on the club allowing him over. We have had a few snr players retire but hopefully a few younger blokes can step up and we can be competitive and have a good season.

The VTCA web site is reporting this weekend is called off, citing advice from clubs regarding the state of their grounds and wickets.

Any coincidence that the scoreboard from Week 1 had anything to do with one of the best decks/draining grounds in the comp being the only one (outside Jack Grut) that didn't get up in the South on Saturday? Most have been keeping it cherry ripe for the Sunday D1 comp I spose....

Information session next week on the Divisional structure of the VTCA for next year and beyond
Any thoughts?
From the president’s meeting I went to it seems they won’t be running unaligned 1st and 2nd XI comps – such as we saw last year in the South. But I also got the impression that Senior 2nds will go, which will mean it will be pretty hard to have the aligned comps unless you get rid of senior division, which will definitely not happen
So maybe it will just mean that nothing will happen – who knows!!!!

What ever they do it would be handy if the fixtures lined up better this season so all your elevens are playing a two day game or one day at the same time! (One day grades excepted of course)

There are 3 options put forward
a) Status quo
b) No Senior division, with North, South and West divisions the top levels
c) Senior division with North, South and West divisions below them
Contrary to what a lot of us have discussed at various meetings, option b) is the only one that doesn’t have 2nds playing across town – the VTCA were adamant that if you were playing in Senior, then your 2nds also played. Flawed logic to me
Option c) had some “interesting” points – automatic relegation from Senior Division for the lowest South team, and the two lowest non-South teams, to cater for the premiers of South, North and West division. It was confirmed that if, for example all 4 south teams filled the 4, then the team who finished 4th would be relegated!!!

The meeting was over in 10 minutes, which given the hour I spent in the car going to and from the Bayview made it a bit pointless – surely they could have just distributed the options!!
3 weeks to offer comments, submissions etc – then a vote on May 14th. Apparently the vote is final – personally I don’t know if a club vote is the best option for something like this. Clubs understandably will vote for the best option for them, but in a lot of cases, there will be clubs that are not concerned either way. Will a Club in West B1 for example worry about what is best for the VTCA in the South?

With more clubs in the north and west I guess it's in their hands..
But for what it's worth I say split it up! Don't need to drive across the city to have a good league..

Option c) had some “interesting” points – automatic relegation from Senior Division for the lowest South team, and the two lowest non-South teams, to cater for the premiers of South, North and West division. It was confirmed that if, for example all 4 south teams filled the 4, then the team who finished 4th would be relegated!!!
So with this option there can be no more than 4 South teams in Senior Division. The first year I played in Senior Division there was a grand total of four Northern clubs, the other eight being South. The VTCA is obviously not expecting the South to become any stronger, if this proposal is to be the winner,

Back