General Chat 12/13

So with this option there can be no more than 4 South teams in Senior Division. The first year I played in Senior Division there was a grand total of four Northern clubs, the other eight being South. The VTCA is obviously not expecting the South to become any stronger, if this proposal is to be the winner,
I'd imagine so. There would always be a direct swap for the lowest south team and the south premier, and the lowest two north/west teams and their respective premiers. The premier would have the choice to come up, but if they did it would always be at the expense of a team from their side of the river - even if that team finished 4th!!

With more clubs in the north and west I guess it's in their hands..
But for what it's worth I say split it up! Don't need to drive across the city to have a good league..
Agree, with the 1st point
And of the options, I reckon that (b) is the best one. However i just don't get the need to have aligned first and second XIs. Every other suburban league manages it - if they have straight grades, then they can have their cake, and eat it too. Strong senior division, and depth below

Agree, with the 1st point
And of the options, I reckon that (b) is the best one. However i just don't get the need to have aligned first and second XIs. Every other suburban league manages it - if they have straight grades, then they can have their cake, and eat it too. Strong senior division, and depth below
Yeh I agree, I don't have a huge problem with senior division but can't understand why 2nd XI cricketers need to be travelling across the city for a game of cricket.. It's a big ask on tradesman that work Saturday morning, parents or teammates who do the driving Etc. Keep everything other than senior div local...

I agree with DStrek15. I like the concept of Senior Division, but only for the 1st XIs, with the North, West, South divisions unaligned, and with the senior division club's 2nds playing in the grade they fit into best, whether that's alongside other clubs 1sts or 4ths. It may take a season or three for teams to move up and down into the spot they fit best, but it works in all the other suburban comps, as rat'n'bat says.

I agree with DStrek15. I like the concept of Senior Division, but only for the 1st XIs, with the North, West, South divisions unaligned, and with the senior division club's 2nds playing in the grade they fit into best, whether that's alongside other clubs 1sts or 4ths. It may take a season or three for teams to move up and down into the spot they fit best, but it works in all the other suburban comps, as rat'n'bat says.
100%!!

I hear there is a bit of argy bargy going on at board level, may need a complete overhaul.
Argy bargy you say more a revolt coming. Rpb filthy on being dropped to a lower division. If you vote C your votes no good and have another crack. More noise about a restructure to deflect from the reduction of points. And a couple high ranking senior division sides looking to fly the coup to subbies. Argy bargy? Looking very very messy. Cricket Victoria need to show their cards now to show some leadership. Cricket as a whole is struggling these days against other sports. What is the strategic direction for cricket Victoria for the next 20 years? The mess can be avoided with some direction

Bit of a cheap shot from the departing Aspendale CC about the standard of the VTCA in the local rag.. Found it interesting since they declined an offer to play in south div and stayed in south A.

Back