General Chat 2011/12

Mate, its definitely a good training tool, but don't get your hopes up. I think someone like Graham Gooch advocates its use. On the surface its a good buy, but be warned. I took care of mine and it only lasted 3 months. One of the fingers broke off mid throw

We have just been using those jugs dimple balls they are heaps lighter easier to throw more accurately and I'd assume they'd put less strain on the slinger thing. Anyways was just thinking out allowed carry on.

We have just been using those jugs dimple balls they are heaps lighter easier to throw more accurately and I'd assume they'd put less strain on the slinger thing. Anyways was just thinking out allowed carry on.

You could be right! Personally, I would only use a brand new cherry. With a little practice it plays as if coming from a nifty opening bowler and I can afford to put their kids through college (ie buy one every 3 months).

What are clubs thoughts on the 44 points cap for the upcoming season? We are sticking with the PlatyPUSS balls too.

Platypus mustve thrown a lot of money at the vtca that's disappointing... They have been terrible especially the last 2 years

Heres the playing dates for this season for those that are interested..
(8 teams will probably split rounds 2 and 3 into onedayers but thats not conifirmed)

DESIGNATION WEEK-ENDS OF
No Play 1 Oct '11
Round-1 8 Oct '11
Round-2 15 & 22 Oct '11
Round-3 29 Oct & 5 Nov '11

Round-4
12 & 19 Nov '11
Round-5 26 Nov & 3 Dec '11
Round-6 10 & 17 Dec '11
Christmas Break
Round-7 7 Jan '12
Round-8 14 & 21 Jan '12
Round-9 28 Jan & 4 Feb '12
Round-10 11 & 18 Feb '12
Round-11 25 Feb & 3 Mar '12
S/Finals 10-12 Mar '12
G/Finals (week1) 17-18 Mar '12
G/Finals (week2) 24-25 Mar '12

Any feedback on the "Futures" format of U/17 competition last season?
I'd like to know whether an U/21 comp would be better for clubs, participants and the VTCA given the Wright Shield is an U/21 competition?

Heres the playing dates for this season for those that are interested..
(8 teams will probably split rounds 2 and 3 into onedayers but thats not conifirmed)

DESIGNATION WEEK-ENDS OF
No Play 1 Oct '11
Round-1 8 Oct '11
Round-2 15 & 22 Oct '11
Round-3 29 Oct & 5 Nov '11

Round-4
12 & 19 Nov '11
Round-5 26 Nov & 3 Dec '11
Round-6 10 & 17 Dec '11
Christmas Break
Round-7 7 Jan '12
Round-8 14 & 21 Jan '12
Round-9 28 Jan & 4 Feb '12
Round-10 11 & 18 Feb '12
Round-11 25 Feb & 3 Mar '12
S/Finals 10-12 Mar '12
G/Finals (week1) 17-18 Mar '12
G/Finals (week2) 24-25 Mar '12

Is it just my interpretation or are we just leaking Saturdays. 1st Saturday of October is no play. Christmas Eve then falls on a Saturday too. Then our season is not lengthened at the end. Is that a wrong interpretation??

Any feedback on the "Futures" format of U/17 competition last season?
I'd like to know whether an U/21 comp would be better for clubs, participants and the VTCA given the Wright Shield is an U/21 competition?
as far as i know it is staying the same and there has been has been enough interest for it to go ahead again.. (in the south anyway)

Is it just my interpretation or are we just leaking Saturdays. 1st Saturday of October is no play. Christmas Eve then falls on a Saturday too. Then our season is not lengthened at the end. Is that a wrong interpretation??
1st OCT is AFL Grand Final day and the season is still 20 weeks (9 two dayers and 2 One dayers) so i think its alright..

Anyone know anything about the teams that will be in South and South A now that South B is gone? I hear Parkdale and I guess Beena would have come up to South and I guess Ajax and MHSOB won't be relegated to make it a 12 team comp.

Anyone know anything about the teams that will be in South and South A now that South B is gone? I hear Parkdale and I guess Beena would have come up to South and I guess Ajax and MHSOB won't be relegated to make it a 12 team comp.

South Div

Port Melbourne Old Mentonians

Chelsea Brighton District

Cheltenham Youlden Parkville

Mentone Melbourne High School Old Boys

Maccabi AJAX Murrumbeena

Hampton Parkdale

South A

Bonbeach Tangy Heatherton

Carnegie Dingley

Aspendale Moorabbin Park

Parkdale United East Malvern

Middle Park RMIT

Clayton District Highett

* Of Course TBC at the general meeting.

South Div

Port Melbourne Old Mentonians

Chelsea Brighton District

Cheltenham Youlden Parkville

Mentone Melbourne High School Old Boys

Maccabi AJAX Murrumbeena

Hampton Parkdale

South A

Bonbeach Tangy Heatherton

Carnegie Dingley

Aspendale Moorabbin Park

Parkdale United East Malvern

Middle Park RMIT

Clayton District Highett

* Of Course TBC at the general meeting.

how come bonbeach tangy are down in south A when they played off in the gf last year and earned the right to play up in south??

how come bonbeach tangy are down in south A when they played off in the gf last year and earned the right to play up in south??
According to the VTCA match committee update on 18/7 Youlden Parkville are in North so that would leave Bonbeach Tangy in South. Surely this is structure is a fait a compli, it will get through the VTCA AGM without issue. 12 team comps mean we are certain to be scheduled play 9 two dayers and 2 1 dayers.
The North is growing and the south is shrinking. Looks like the VTCA will have to take over the CMCA (make it turf) or DDCA to even things up.

The North is growing and the south is shrinking. Looks like the VTCA will have to take over the CMCA (make it turf) or DDCA to even things up.[/quote]

I think world domination is at the top of there agenda first!

The North is growing and the south is shrinking. Looks like the VTCA will have to take over the CMCA (make it turf) or DDCA to even things up.

I think world domination is at the top of there agenda first![/quote]

I have the Austin Powers image of Dr Evil stroking his cat ;p

According to the VTCA match committee update on 18/7 Youlden Parkville are in North so that would leave Bonbeach Tangy in South. Surely this is structure is a fait a compli, it will get through the VTCA AGM without issue. 12 team comps mean we are certain to be scheduled play 9 two dayers and 2 1 dayers.
The CMCA has 3 or 4 decent clubs and could imagen the DDCA joining the VTCA (cranbourne vs hoppers crossing) overnighter i reckon.. the standard with the 24 clubs left is still alright the south will alright for some time yet..

Having recently attended a meeting of big wigs from cricket victoria....I can tell you that a reduction in the number of clubs would make them happy. Clubs merging condenses resources and talent.
They want competitions to be less diluted and all of the talent to enter Premier cricket, become state players, and then play for Oz.
Clubs better sort themselves out!?

Having recently attended a meeting of big wigs from cricket victoria....I can tell you that a reduction in the number of clubs would make them happy. Clubs merging condenses resources and talent.
They want competitions to be less diluted and all of the talent to enter Premier cricket, become state players, and then play for Oz.
Clubs better sort themselves out!?[/

Sounds about typical of CV and CA, it'd be a bit too much to ask either of these of bodies to promote cricket as a priority sport in primary schools to ensure participation rates remain high!
Instead kids get a plastic bat and ball and 8 overs of rounders, no wonder they're switching from cricket. Send the plastic to the beach in Dec/Jan and get back to promoting competitive cricket for Grades 5 & 6 in public schools before all our council reserves are soccer pitches or basketball courts!

Back