General Chat 2011/12

Apparently they've been trying to get him for years..." if he was to play anywhere other than essendon it'd be at yccc" so you've got good info but obviously no certainty

what was the fallout of the hoppers crossing points debarcle from earlier in the year??

all quite on the western front suggests they have got away with....

Heard last that the president of the vtca has resigned? Apparently after an altercation during the CY's and Sth Caulfield game a couple of weeks ago, it went to the tribunal and 1 Sth C player got off with a warning? Pres not too happy with the outcome of the tribunal result???? Anyone care to elaborate?

Heard last that the president of the vtca has resigned? Apparently after an altercation during the CY's and Sth Caulfield game a couple of weeks ago, it went to the tribunal and 1 Sth C player got off with a warning? Pres not too happy with the outcome of the tribunal result???? Anyone care to elaborate?
Has he resigned? No news on VTCA site as yet.

He instigated the argument, went to shape up to the SCCC player so the SCCC player grabbed him by the throat not knowing who he was. The SCCC player got 1 match. Of course the VTCA did nothing with him.

So he should stand down, a person in a delegates position should know better than to instigate an argument.

He instigated the argument, went to shape up to the SCCC player so the SCCC player grabbed him by the throat not knowing who he was. The SCCC player got 1 match. Of course the VTCA did nothing with him.

So he should stand down, a person in a delegates position should know better than to instigate an argument.

You should get your facts Right before you comment mate.

You should get your facts Right before you comment mate.
So what are the facts Max, as the VTCA have been totally silent on this matter (as expected). They are quick to hand out penalties to clubs, players, etc when they have offended, but as soon as one of their own crosses the line, all is silent.

If what happened is the way I hear it (as is what Not Out said), then he should be sacked!! I would love to know what Cricket Victoria and the like think of the situation - perhaps we should ask them?? He has been sucking up to them for ages and I would think they won't want a bar of a competition where the President behaves like that. The VTCA hate criticism - just try to give them some and they will be sure to try and put it back on the Club. Time for a change on the Exec I say!

So what are the facts Max, as the VTCA have been totally silent on this matter (as expected). They are quick to hand out penalties to clubs, players, etc when they have offended, but as soon as one of their own crosses the line, all is silent.

If what happened is the way I hear it (as is what Not Out said), then he should be sacked!! I would love to know what Cricket Victoria and the like think of the situation - perhaps we should ask them?? He has been sucking up to them for ages and I would think they won't want a bar of a competition where the President behaves like that. The VTCA hate criticism - just try to give them some and they will be sure to try and put it back on the Club. Time for a change on the Exec I say!

Hi Democrats

The facts as i know them to be are that the (ex) pres did not instigate the argument and neither did he shape up to start something !!

I agree!

Either way, someone with his standing in the VTCA should know better than to be involved in a situation like what happened. You would expect that off a drunk sitting on the hill not the supposed president of the comp!

Steady up fellas.

Regardless of the fact whether he was in the right or wrong- i'm sure even the VTCA president is entitled to make an error in judgement from time to time. And whether we like it or not the VTCA Executive are always going to support the President. The Executive need to stick together on issues like this. If everytime someone from the VTCA Executive crossed the line or said something inappropriate to members from others clubs got sacked- Pete Howarth wouldn't have lasted a year!
I have no issues with the way the League is run... The Executive are actually encouraging new people to put their hands up and join the Committee. So instead of being keyboard hereos, if you want to change anything in the VTCA, put your hand up and get on the Executive. So everyone else on the forum can critise every decision you make on an internet forum.

So what you are saying is that by staying silent on the issue and supporting him, they condone his (alleged) behaviour?

No one here is criticising EVERY decision they make, infact I think you'll find plenty of comments in support of some of the decisions the exec has made. However, I think you'll also find there are members of the Exec who are on this forum and like to have a dig at clubs, so they would be, as how you say, keyboard knockers too.

If he has done what is alleged (or even close to it), then it's a pretty big error! I would think a competition that promotes itself on red/yellow cards, anti vilification, etc, etc would not want their President being involved in any incident that would put the comp in a bad light.

Thanks for all the info on what the President is alleged to have done. But has he resigned? He is still listed as President on the VTCA website & nothing in their news section.

Jacana, today was denied a chance of playing on the MCG in the Kooka state final by a coin toss. Jacana were playing CMCA powerhouse Bentleigh Uniting away on carpet and were 2/24 off 4 chasing 117 when the rain came down and as they need 5 overs to call it a match the game was decided by a coin toss !

I believe SCC and PM tossed a coin and South won, so i presume AW and Keilor Park will do the same and thats how the Grand Final venue will be decided as well.

North - APWSC vs Keilor Prk @ Airport West Wed Feb 15
South - Sth Caulfield vs Port Melb @ South Caulfield Tues Feb 21

Sledge do you know if South Caulfield will be flying L Russell in from WA, as Bentleigh did with his brother for their T20 finals? Or is the $$$ divide too great between the clubs?

Back