General Chat 2011/12

T20 semi-final South Caulfield 7/164 Hewett 56,Pope 43, Johnson 2/36 Def. Port 9/131 J. Cole 29,Lee 31no, Clarke-Bruce 2/19, Gouzenfiter 2/19, Purcell 2/29.

SCCC T20 Premiers 2011/12. Game started an hour late, but conditions were fine & a great turn out from both clubs.

One of the better catches seen by one of the Keilor Park guys too!

SCCC 128 def Keilor Park 9/110 (S.Jeffree 4/10)

Good Luck to all the competing clubs this weekend. Hoppers V Spotty GF would be mouth watering... Hope the boys put in a big one this week.. Tough assignment against the might of YCCC but finals is a different story, an hour period can rip a game open, and we all know we have the one guy capable of doing that!

P.s. good luck to the boys down at strathmore, they did a tough apprenticeship last year chasing leather against us! cant say I felt sorry for them at the time :D they are all products of their junior system and I think it is their time to move up to the top grade. (however i'd be keeping a close eye on the doutta covers as thier ability to stay on overnight when the stars are in trouble has been an issue for them on occasions.:p )

GO THE CATTERS!!!!

An interesting name on the Doutta team sheet. Is he back or r they up to there old tricks?

Would be real interesting selection and field placings given the points cap. - 12 named = 54 Cap is = 44
J Anderson - 0
B Tankard - 0
C Stafford - 6
BJ Wilson - 3
H Moore - 3
BP Nash - 10
B Shafayat - 9
*A Mato - 10
S Wigmore - 0
+J Duddington - 0
N Gamage Jayasundara - 7
R Aiyappan - 6

Noticed this on Strathmore Team Sheet:

Team not available until after commencement of match

Team Manager: Gourlay, Peter
Scorer: Gourlay, Peter
Are they running scared?

Who's Gourlay? He sounds a bit suss.

Gourlay is their team manager & scorer I would assume from that. Strathmore don't need to name the team until they hand the team sheet to the Umpires. Someone should probably tell them its a local cricket Semi Final, and not an Ashes decider, but if thats what they want to do, good luck to them.

Nash is still in the Windies?

Gourlay is their team manager & scorer I would assume from that. Strathmore don't need to name the team until they hand the team sheet to the Umpires. Someone should probably tell them its a local cricket Semi Final, and not an Ashes decider, but if thats what they want to do, good luck to them.

Nash is still in the Windies?

Yes - playing atm v. Trinidad & Tobago.
Never a dull moment when Doutta Stars play Strathmore.

What is going to happen when the two northern sides are relegated from Senior for next season? Do they both go into North Div., or does one get sent into South Div. like Youlden-Parkville were when they were relegated a couple of years ago. I guess that they would have to do it that way to keep the balance especially as the southern team numbers have been dwindling over the last couple of years. If both were to go back to North div. would only one team be promoted from North A, or would they relegate three(Altona Nth who finished 10th didnt win a game).

Back