General Chat 2011/12

I would expect one of the North Division teams to be relocated south of the river to keep the even number of teams in South. Two teams will come down into North from Senior Division, one team will go from North to Senior, one team will go from North to South, and there will be two up and down from North A. That keeps the same numbers as we have at present. I don't think that it will necessarily be one of the relegated teams; more likely based to some extent on geography. Teams based at Royal Park are the closest to the South, however the real answer is probably "who knows?"

Of course, the VTCA may well have yet another restructure. With clubs dropping like flies in the South there seems to have been a restructure there in each of the last four or five seasons.

I would expect one of the North Division teams to be relocated south of the river to keep the even number of teams in South. Two teams will come down into North from Senior Division, one team will go from North to Senior, one team will go from North to South, and there will be two up and down from North A. That keeps the same numbers as we have at present. I don't think that it will necessarily be one of the relegated teams; more likely based to some extent on geography. Teams based at Royal Park are the closest to the South, however the real answer is probably "who knows?"

Of course, the VTCA may well have yet another restructure. With clubs dropping like flies in the South there seems to have been a restructure there in each of the last four or five seasons.

I have it confirmed that Altona North will be the ones to go to South Division in 2012/13.

Contessa leaving is quite sad and alarming.

1. He is the heart + soul of that club. If he can be bought for the right price, loyalty is well & truly dead.
2. His club has just got relegated. Why can't he stick around to help them out in North Div? From what I can see, North Division is pretty strong, they'll double drop to North A unless they recruit some back up, and if Hillas goes also
3. How greedy are Yarraville Club? If its true that they've retained the bulk of the Premiership team, how much do they really need a star like Contessa, who has won a Paxino? Will he bat at 7 and bowl 3rd or 4th change? Obviously points aren't an issue when you can retain players with as much coin as you like. Money buys loyalty and is a way of getting around the points cap.
4. Yarraville have just won a 4th flag - and probably 6 out of the last 7 from memory? They've just flogged in a GF, mark them down for another 7 or 8 in a row if this is how they operate. Have they not heard of grooming their own kids?

Very, very dissapointing.

Heard from a

1. He is the heart + soul of that club. If he can be bought for the right price, loyalty is well & truly dead.
2. His club has just got relegated. Why can't he stick around to help them out in North Div? From what I can see, North Division is pretty strong, they'll double drop to North A unless they recruit some back up, and if Hillas goes also
3. How greedy are Yarraville Club? If its true that they've retained the bulk of the Premiership team, how much do they really need a star like Contessa, who has won a Paxino? Will he bat at 7 and bowl 3rd or 4th change? Obviously points aren't an issue when you can retain players with as much coin as you like. Money buys loyalty and is a way of getting around the points cap.
4. Yarraville have just won a 4th flag - and probably 6 out of the last 7 from memory? They've just flogged in a GF, mark them down for another 7 or 8 in a row if this is how they operate. Have they not heard of grooming their own kids?

Also heard from a very close mate of Ahmed from Hoppers that Yarraville were in talks with him about next year. Surely they couldn't get him in on points

They'll do it easy with points - hopefully Ahmed is enforced as a 10 pointer in that he played for Melbourne Uni last season in the T20's. And Contessa as a professional to earn him 9. It's the least the VT can do to keep Yarravilla from buying more flags.

Heard from a
Also heard from a very close mate of Ahmed from Hoppers that Yarraville were in talks with him about next year. Surely they couldn't get him in on points
Will be heading to Premier Cricket as he has always wanted to play that.
Think hoppers are in a bit of trouble.
Dont worry about Yarraville - once O'Keefe retires they will go back to their choking ways.

If they have the money and blokes want to play for them thats fair enough.. always been decent blokes to play against (win or lose) and ive done both. Havent won every game for 7 seasons and other team have had chances to win GFs against them (wat if roach held that catch).
At the end of they day they have to play under the points cap like anyone else and also with 11 players so it up to the rest of us to step up...

Have heard Oosterhoff maybe heading back down Geelong way.. Hence the recruitment/buying of contessa...
Oosterhoff did not attend celebrations with YCCC teammates after a fallout with Baker...will be a big loss in the changerooms and he carried the attack in 2010/2011 when the unreliable Bronca broke-down. rumoured to have solid offer from Hoppers and some Geelong teams

Oosterhoff did not attend celebrations with YCCC teammates after a fallout with Baker...will be a big loss in the changerooms and he carried the attack in 2010/2011 when the unreliable Bronca broke-down. rumoured to have solid offer from Hoppers and some Geelong teams
You are an idiot for one or more of the following reason...
1. You use this blog to talk crap just to stir up people.
2. You can't think for yourself and blindly repeat crap that others might speculate without reasoning it out yourself.
3. You put your mouth in overdrive before puting your brain into gear.

Ooster actually had to leave straight after the game to go to the airport to fly out to London for work... I was talking with him on the Sunday, Nice guy and any rumours of him leaving or falling outs is a lie. As far as i know they've only lost 1 player for next year as he will be overseas so im guessing Contessa will be a straight swap for him.

Back