Getting Fit

Re: Getting Fit

So you play cricket in the same pair of shoes you wear to school? Are these trainers? If so, what style?

The exercises sound good but only if you perform them with correct biomechanics. For instance, if you are performing the one leg squat whilst still turning your foot in, you are actually creating greater Medial Tibial Stress. I really do suggest you get your technique looked at James.

Well that was reccomended to use these same shoe because of the support. And the physio showed me how to do them

The more I hear from you, the more concerned I become.

What type of shoe do you have?

Does the physio check your technique?

What is this technique, my running one or my exercise one?

Some asics gel ones

I didnt think it was that bad. There isnt any pain when i play cricket, only when i, say, play footy on the road

Your exercise technique James.

Once the CNS has registered a movement i.e. your tendancy to invert, it will always revert back to that movement unless you retrain through the CNS.

The physio may have shown you the technique but, no fault of your own, unless somebody is correcting you, continually, you will, more than likely be performing the exercises incorrectly i.e. training your inner calf muscles more without addressing the problem with your outer calf muscles.

You will tend to rely on your supports too much too. You should take your shoes off and train your feet to evert; pump the arch muscles... give them their own little work out whenever you remember.

Liz Ward said:

CNS = Central nervous system. It involves the spinal cord and the brain and a sequence of actions involving it is a reflex arc. The messages are sent through nerves and it is faster than hormones...

The biology revision for my mocks paid off :D

But whenever i do the exercises (and i have started them again) i always felt it on my outer calf, all except one, but that one never worked for me and the physio said dont bother, i already had enough exercises. And since doing the exercises my calf muscle has grown to a more even size (you might even say it looks nice). And i have stopped using those shoes for everything, they are now just for school. i have proper cricket shoes now and the shins have been fine

You wear school shoes for running? :eek:hmy:

Oh, you wear runner for school? :eek:hmy:

WA, how bogan!

I probably won't bother getting cricket shoes till I start playing on turf.

Edit: I get to play on turf *dances*

ahhh i dunnoo.. a bloke in my team was playin in volleys... they cant b 2 good.... a pair of cricket shoes wouldnt go a stray (maybe not studs but... go the rubber pleats)

Lol, I don't play in volley, no way, I wouldn't run at all in volleys, no support just pure flat. I just don't see the point, it's not like it has an effect on running or anything.

lol i kno, told the bloke he was a dud... but he still wears em... a m8 of mine did it a couple seasons back 2.... quick way 2 get an injury if ya ask me.. (4 the record volleys r a good shoe... just not 4 running :p)

it does help u grip a bit in the field with rubber studs.... and also the cricket shoes have pretty good support

Jonesy said:
You wear school shoes for running? :eek:hmy:

Oh, you wear runner for school? :eek:hmy:

WA, how bogan!
Ill get you for that you Victorian yobo!!!!! :mad:

Hey, at least i dont have to wear gay school shoes :laugh:

I'd rather wear school shoes than be a bogan.

I'm surprised you haven't pulled the VB line yet, there's some Victorian bogan for you.

jimmy33 said:
But whenever i do the exercises (and i have started them again) i always felt it on my outer calf, all except one, but that one never worked for me and the physio said dont bother, i already had enough exercises. And since doing the exercises my calf muscle has grown to a more even size (you might even say it looks nice). And i have stopped using those shoes for everything, they are now just for school. i have proper cricket shoes now and the shins have been fine

Sounds good James. Keep the exercises going, at least until the end of this season. When you are not wearing the supports, concentrate on good foot posture.

Okey Dokey George

And i was just having you on Jonesy, i dont give a flying what you think about what i wear, all i can say is at least im not South Australian! :laugh:

Back