GM Catalyst/Purist

jimmy33

GM Catalyst/Purist

Has anyone used either of these bats and if so what do you think of them, good bats or not.

Recently my friend got me hooked on GM and these 2 are my favourites. If only I didn't already have a new bat, then I would definitely get one of these. If only...

Re: GM Catalyst/Purist

My brother has a Purist and it seems ok. It's a big bat, nice middle with a decent pick up.

He's a bit of a slogger and it does the job for him.

I've just got a Duelist Orginal today and it's great. Look at deals on last years models, that are just as good as te 08 models. I find the Hero is heavy, duelist lighter but with loads of wood in it. But what ever you get, make sure you get hands on it first, don't just buy off internet.

My new bat is pretty badly cracked, even though i knocked it in for a very long time, so I will have a look at the end of season sales

jimmy33 said:
My new bat is pretty badly cracked, even though i knocked it in for a very long time, so I will have a look at the end of season sales

I've got to a stage where, when I buy a new bat, I compress the edges against the bath, throw on a protective face and then hit some used balls in the nets. Why not knock it in, whilst getting used to your new blade. It's worked for the past couple of years and who really has time to knock in a bat?

About a year, not even actually. Got it around July/August, about when we have to register

Got any photos of the crack? Depending on where\how it's bust and also where you bought it, you should get a free repair, a discount on a new bat or (if you're very lucky) a free replacement.

Ill try and get photos by next week. The cracks are all on the edges, with a couple near the toe. And that free replacement sounds good :D

As I said, it does depend on the damage and the policy of where you bought the bat. I would say that if it's a bad crack (as opposed to surface cracks) and the bat is less than a year old they should at least attempt to fix it or offer you a discount on a new one.

If you post up a photo then I can give you a better idea of what the damage is and how best to go about getting it sorted.

Ill check it out because Im going to the shop on Saturday (hopefully). Ill see what they say and if it can be repaired but I will post a picture anyway. Thanks for that

Back