Good Examples of a Side on Action?

storm

Good Examples of a Side on Action?

Anyone have any videos books etc on the "perfect" side on action? I hate to keep pestering people about my action, and it would be good for me to break down the muscle contractions and get a better understanding of the mechanics, that way when something hurts I'll know generally whats wrong and i can move spot out the areas of strength i need to work on.
Had a trainning sesh a minute ago, back is ache as hell, although havent been to the gym in a while because I've been revising biology etc.

Any Help would be Great :)

Re: Good Examples of a Side on Action?

storm;384883 said:
...Any Help would be Great :)

It would be easier to help with the biology revision... what do you want to know? :D

Seriously storm, you need to get a good coach... Ponty?

I know cost is an issue but what you are suggesting is really difficult... almost impossible. Not only will you need to be able to analyse the 'perfect' side on action, if I had one, but you would also have to analyse your own action. Then you will have to identify the difference and know how to change it.

Apart from all this, everybody is different. I see many 'perfect' actions but they are all, subtly, different. What would be 'perfect' for one person would not necessarily be 'perfect' for another. For instance, I may tell you to do one thing, but tell somebody else to do the opposite, or at least something different.

I quite often get people sending me videos and saying that they bowl like one particular international or another. It may look, or feel, like it to them but actually, the actions are World apart... this is a minefield!

Yeah I guess I do just need a god coach, I'm gonna try get a well paid part time job and I'll earn some money for good coaching.

Bio Revision is at the moment is.....meh none of its hard really lol, just remembering all little details.

One Question that my teacher gave me: Describe how to carry out a study on the ecology of a habitat to produce valid and reliable data.

my thoughts where to mention about random and systematic sampling using transects and qaudtrats , repeating the process,working out precentage cover and abundance bla bla....

Exam on monday :( no problems yet just have to memorize about 200 pages.

as always thanks for your help liz :) I should have a new video up soon too, showing what went wrong over winters lol .

I'm a sidey as well, as someone who doesnt get into the science or mechanics of bowling, i would suggest finding a good bowler with a side on action and just watching videos, because you would think someone who is picked to play for their country would be a good example right?

for example:
Matthew Hoggard
Glenn McGrath
Brett Lee
Dennis Lillee

storm;385330 said:
...One Question that my teacher gave me: Describe how to carry out a study on the ecology of a habitat to produce valid and reliable data.

my thoughts where to mention about random and systematic sampling using transects and qaudtrats , repeating the process,working out precentage cover and abundance bla bla....

Exam on monday :( no problems yet just have to memorize about 200 pages.

Reminds me of my time [many years ago] sailing around Puffin Island with the task of counting the little blighters :D

All the best for Monday; I am sure you'll trounce it... I'll be thinking about you!

ZacDuggan;385377 said:
... because you would think someone who is picked to play for their country would be a good example right?

Yeah, you'd think wouldn't you :D

I completely failed my AS biology last week, least Biology you'll ever see in a paper ever (OCR was board) it was all on experiments and then the biggy what you get was on Glycoproteins, come on WTF, you learn about glycoproteins for about 5 mins when your doing cell surface membranes... had my first bio lesson back 2da and we went on to carbs (amylose amylopectin glycogen etc) and we arrived at amino acids and just made me laugh how my teacher did everything to avoid glycoproteins in the discussion until it slipped out she " Glycoproteins aswell, like on your exam last week... Ba stereds" and then a 10 min rant at the exam board... College is class...

Oh and on topic Zac Duggan, lee i'm sure is chest on, McGrath was mid-on and yer very few people in world cricket have pure side on actions.

phil2oo8;385439 said:
Oh and on topic Zac Duggan, lee i'm sure is chest on, McGrath was mid-on and yer very few people in world cricket have pure side on actions.

I remember reading an article written by Lee himself, saying he spent $4000 on expert coaching for one day to correct his action. He was a front-on bowler for the top half, side-on for the bottom half (may be the other way round, can't remember) and really had to correct his action before he injured himself, as you would do at the speeds he generates.

Why worry about this side-on, front-on stuff? Just do what I do, jog to the crease and sling! :D

LOL Bio is annoying, You have to learn alot urself, cause the exam boards are bastards and just ask shit that isnt even in the book, first year is pretty much a big memory game.

Back