Ground Allocation Discussion

Grand Final venue confirmed
Wait for it..........
ELTHAM!!!!!!!

It pays to have some pull on the Exec :D

Good luck to both Eltham and Bundoora United and congratulations to both on making it to the Final

Grand Final venue confirmed
Wait for it..........
ELTHAM!!!!!!!

It pays to have some pull on the Exec :D

Good luck to both Eltham and Bundoora United and congratulations to both on making it to the Final

Defies logic.. if they just repeated what they did last year. It'd be the BS GF at Eltham and the MS GF at LE. Makes much more sense.

I'd be filthy if I was Diamond Creek, having finished top of the ladder.

Wow.......the 2 lower placed sides get home GF's, how does that work?
It's not only in the top 2 grades

C grade at Lalor Stars who were highest placed semi winner
D grade at Banyule who were highest place semi winner
E grade at Montmorency who were lowest placed semi winner
F grade at Lower Plenty who were highest placed semi winner
G grade at Rosanna who were highest placed semi winner
H grade at Macleod who were lowest placed winner

Interestingly B grade is at Hurstbridge
Thomastown United will be filthy!

Defies logic.. if they just repeated what they did last year. It'd be the BS GF at Eltham and the MS GF at LE. Makes much more sense.

I'd be filthy if I was Diamond Creek, having finished top of the ladder.
I'm sure internally both Diamond Creek and Bundoora United will both feel filthy at this decision but both will be happy to playing in the grand final

It's not only in the top 2 grades

C grade at Lalor Stars who were highest placed semi winner
D grade at Banyule who were highest place semi winner
E grade at Montmorency who were lowest placed semi winner
F grade at Lower Plenty who were highest placed semi winner
G grade at Rosanna who were highest placed semi winner
H grade at Macleod who were lowest placed winner

Interestingly B grade is at Hurstbridge
Thomastown United will be filthy!

Why would Thomo be filthy ??????

If the BS grand final was at Eltham, and MS at Lower Eltham, we would have most of the club, supporters and committee at Lower Eltham watching the game, and would therefore be unable to adequately put on the grand final at Eltham. Likewise I'd expect that be the case for Lower Eltham.

Eltham and Lower Eltham have been deemed the best two grounds in the comp and should therefore host the best two games. The logistics around who got which game, whilst it's unfortunate for Diamond Creek and Bundoora United, makes common sense. Hurstbridge are fortunate to host the B Grade grand final as they must of been deemed the third best ground. Like the rules state, the top 3 grades are played on the best grounds, C Grade and below play on the highest ranked finalist.

To suggest that it has anything to do with one particular member of the exec, when a panel vote on the grounds, is extremely disrespectful to that individual, the club and the DVCA

I'm not sure United would have too much of a problem with the game being at eltham having beaten them there two weeks ago .

I think the key to the game will be Elthams experience with the bat . United prob have the edge on the bowling side of things but it's a quick surface and if eltham bat first and pile on the runs I'm sure they would be confident of defending any total 200+

What happened?? Hmm lets see... Out played by the better side on the day. Nothing else can be said, except good luck to both BU & Eltham in the big dance.
Great effort by United boys and the Eltham boys. Now can Full toss let us know what happened at Boro and how "the Eltham Rabble" made it through, love it when the karma bus arrives.

If the BS grand final was at Eltham, and MS at Lower Eltham, we would have most of the club, supporters and committee at Lower Eltham watching the game, and would therefore be unable to adequately put on the grand final at Eltham. Likewise I'd expect that be the case for Lower Eltham.

Eltham and Lower Eltham have been deemed the best two grounds in the comp and should therefore host the best two games. The logistics around who got which game, whilst it's unfortunate for Diamond Creek and Bundoora United, makes common sense. Hurstbridge are fortunate to host the B Grade grand final as they must of been deemed the third best ground. Like the rules state, the top 3 grades are played on the best grounds, C Grade and below play on the highest ranked finalist.

To suggest that it has anything to do with one particular member of the exec, when a panel vote on the grounds, is extremely disrespectful to that individual, the club and the DVCA

I assume then Eltham's ground has improved dramatically since we played there just prior to the break. Was ordinary then...
Otherwise a logical decision on ground venues. But if I were Creek and United, still wouldnt be happy about it either.

I understand HB might be one of the better grounds going around, but not sure of the logic playing Thommo & Mill Park all the way over there...
Surely there is a suitable ground closer to home for both...? Even Thommo's ground not too bad. Epping..? Mill Park Lakes...?
Assuming of course those clubs had made their grounds open for use.

I assume then Eltham's ground has improved dramatically since we played there just prior to the break. Was ordinary then...
Otherwise a logical decision on ground venues. But if I were Creek and United, still wouldnt be happy about it either.

I understand HB might be one of the better grounds going around, but not sure of the logic playing Thommo & Mill Park all the way over there...
Surely there is a suitable ground closer to home for both...? Even Thommo's ground not too bad. Epping..? Mill Park Lakes...?
Assuming of course those clubs had made their grounds open for use.
I had a quick look at Elthams ground last week and it looked as good as any. I think you'll find that if Eltham had not made MS granny, then the Barclay GF may well have been played at Eltham. As for any suggestion of an unfair advantage for Eltham or Lower Eltham, did Plenty ever win a flag on there home deck?

I had a quick look at Elthams ground last week and it looked as good as any. I think you'll find that if Eltham had not made MS granny, then the Barclay GF may well have been played at Eltham. As for any suggestion of an unfair advantage for Eltham or Lower Eltham, did Plenty ever win a flag on there home deck?
We won 2 in a row before they moved it out to South Morang for 1 year... The reason we lost the Barclay Shield grand final was because it was deemed an unfair advantage. So 6 years later this has gone out the window?? Very very strange decision. If I was Diamo and BU I would take the home rooms as a matter of principal

We won 2 in a row before they moved it out to South Morang for 1 year... The reason we lost the Barclay Shield grand final was because it was deemed an unfair advantage. So 6 years later this has gone out the window?? Very very strange decision. If I was Diamo and BU I would take the home rooms as a matter of principal
I would like to think that the DVCA has at least got a ranking of the top 4-5 grounds. Why not offer the Barclay Grand Final to Eltham. They either accept it or if they don't feel they can run it then they can decline. The match can then go to the next best ground (other than Lower Eltham or Diamo) who are willing to host it. Same scenario for Lower Eltham and the Money Shield Grand Final. Not a fan of a home final for these top grades.

BU were in my top 2 picks for the flag along with LS. Have really hit form in the 2nd half of season. Surprised to see LS get beaten comprehensively, massive GF coming up. Backing BU to take it out.

I would like to think that the DVCA has at least got a ranking of the top 4-5 grounds. Why not offer the Barclay Grand Final to Eltham. They either accept it or if they don't feel they can run it then they can decline. The match can then go to the next best ground (other than Lower Eltham or Diamo) who are willing to host it. Same scenario for Lower Eltham and the Money Shield Grand Final. Not a fan of a home final for these top grades.
I think they already knew the answer to that question. So if you don't play either of the finals at these grounds because of the home ground advantage, then you take the 2 highest ranked grounds out of use, because as already stated there will be no one there to run the facility for any grade. If you are to use another ground based on neutrality then which grounds that are not already allocated would you suggest using for the two finals?

I think they already knew the answer to that question. So if you don't play either of the finals at these grounds because of the home ground advantage, then you take the 2 highest ranked grounds out of use, because as already stated there will be no one there to run the facility for any grade. If you are to use another ground based on neutrality then which grounds that are not already allocated would you suggest using for the two finals?[/quote
I think they already knew the answer to that question. So if you don't play either of the finals at these grounds because of the home ground advantage, then you take the 2 highest ranked grounds out of use, because as already stated there will be no one there to run the facility for any grade. If you are to use another ground based on neutrality then which grounds that are not already allocated would you suggest using for the two finals?
Surface at Eltham very rough and patchy, agree with Lwr being one of the top 2, but I would have Greensborough, Ben Frilay and Epping to name a few before Eltham.

That's just petty, especially coming from someone from Plenty. How many times did your boys use the away rooms in your glory days? And give it a spell, you lost the Grand Final because your ground turned to rubbish. But regardless, I know our boys couldn't care less if they had to use the carpark as their changerooms, we are just focussed on one thing. Which I am sure Bundoora United are too.

Surface at Eltham very rough and patchy, agree with Lwr being one of the top 2, but I would have Greensborough, Ben Frilay and Epping to name a few before Eltham.

I am intrigued as to why you chirp up every season around this time, about this topic. You post on and off through out the year, but the minute the ground allocation gets handed out, then you're up on your soap box like theres no tomorrow. Why do you have such an issue that Eltham gets the Grand Final?

You do realise that the grounds are rated using a number of factors, and not just the grass covering? Which, i think you will find that Eltham is actually in pretty good nick.

Back