Guess The Item 🤔

I think a decent clue is in order mate.
Asking questions to narrow down the item would be in order, too, wouldn't it? You folks seem to be forgetting that.🙂

There hasn't been a hot scent so far because no one has fully appreciated my introductory hint, namely, that the item is unknown with indigenous peoples which implies that the item is a cultural achievement. If it's not electronic which other major cultural revolution has mankind seen?

Anything to do with the arts.
Now we're getting on.
Yes, it has in the widest sense. Hint: In order to be able to use and benefit from it a certain cultural technique is needed which indigenous peoples don't have,
Remember: it can be carried about, is not electronic and is to be found in any home - including your own.

Hint: As said, it is affordable and I bet each of you has several of it at home. One more thing: It became increasingly popular in the 15th cent. through an invention made in Germany. 😀

Last edited:
A cushion?

flicking back over the Q&A's 'Looker-On', and looking about my own home, I am still bereft of imagination. Truly.
It might come to me in my sleep which should not be underrated.
Also, being a minimalist I have more space than items. 😕

A throw rug or a small blanket, embroidered, crocheted or not?

A cushion?

flicking back over the Q&A's 'Looker-On', and looking about my own home, I am still bereft of imagination. Truly.
It might come to me in my sleep which should not be underrated.
Also, being a minimalist I have more space than items. 😕

A throw rug or a small blanket, embroidered, crocheted or not?
It's nothing made of fabric but of a material first invented in China and later used in acient Egypt. Connect that with the media revolution initiated by the invention of the above mentioned German and you get something requiring a basic cultural technique. You might find yourself buying one more of the said item around Christmas. It's also given away as a present.

bank notes?
I wouldn't call those a "cultural achievement" for which you'd need a cultural technique to be able to enjoy and use it, as I said.
What else is in your home made of paper that you use, enjoy, benefit from, add to from time to time? The item is usually stored for display and easy access at home and also in public buildings that are often specially erected for the item.

I wouldn't call those a "cultural achievement" for which you'd need a cultural technique to be able to enjoy and use it, as I said.
What else is in your home made of paper that you use, enjoy, benefit from, add to from time to time? The item is usually stored for display at home and in public buildings that are often specially erected for the item.
I had removed that..
a painting?

Last edited:
I had removed that.. swapped for wrapping paper.
Would you store wrapping paper for display at home? You were saying "sth related to printing and writing" and I was positive. What items in your home are printed and have been produced by writers?

Where did my book answer go. Posted that after removing painting and wrapping paper. And my friend no need to be snide.

Back