Hair quits to focus on coaching

mas cambios

Hair quits to focus on coaching

Darrell Hair, the Australian umpire, has handed in his resignation to the ICC in order to take up a coaching role.

Hair returned to top-flight umpiring in March, six months after a period of rehabilitation that was enforced by his employers, the ICC, in response to the forfeited England-Pakistan Oval Test in 2006. Hair officiated in two Tests between England and New Zealand in May but, in spite of continuing to be on the Elite Panel of umpires, he has not been offered any more.

Consequently, he has decided to end what has been a successful umpiring career, albeit one blighted by controversy in recent years. He takes up his new role with the New South Wales Umpires and Scorers Association (NSWUSA) in 10 days.

An interesting move, it seems that despite winning his case the ICC wasn't that keen on giving him tests. Probably the best move for him though in all honesty.

Re: Hair quits to focus on coaching

Good riddance to racist scum. He should come to Pakistan we wud sort him out, burn the cheating anti Pakistani **************.

Racist scum? LOL. I'm not a big Hair fan but I have no problem with what he did. It's what Pakistan did that ruined that match. And for it to be called a draw or whatever it called was down right idiotic, it should of been and England win by Pakistani forfeit.

And before you call me racist just think about it, and take into account I hate England more than any other team.

Jonesy;29325 said:
Racist scum? LOL. I'm not a big Hair fan but I have no problem with what he did. It's what Pakistan did that ruined that match. And for it to be called a draw or whatever it called was down right idiotic, it should of been and England win by Pakistani forfeit.

And before you call me racist just think about it, and take into account I hate England more than any other team.

Anglophobe! :p

Afridi_fan;29317 said:
Good riddance to racist scum. He should come to Pakistan we wud sort him out, burn the cheating anti Pakistani **************.

Hard to understand why people are not keen to visit Pakistan.

Afridi_fan;29317 said:

Yo I'm Pakistani as well, but I don't think there's any need to behave this way about the matter. I don't know who's fault it really was in the Oval test but it is a fact that the Pakistani team wasn't completely innocent. They took the wrong way to protest and after that, well Doctrove and Hair followed the rule books... what happened before with the ball tampering matter though, I don't place myself in a position to judge anybody like that. Don't just fall for everything the media shows you, if it's Pakistani media, of course they'll back up the Pakistani cricket team and not say anything bad about them. Anyways, you are entitled to your opinion, what I mean to say is, no need to get rude about it using words such as "racist scum" or "anti Pakistani **************"...

Back