Has Anyone Tried Triforce Sports For There Cricketing Equipment ???

Harry Red

I advise anyone buying new cricket gear to head down to Triforce Sports.. I just bought my whole kit, couldnt believe the price.. I'm only putting up this thread cause i owe it to the boys who work there..

I advise anyone buying new cricket gear to head down to Triforce Sports.. I just bought my whole kit, couldnt believe the price.. I'm only putting up this thread cause i owe it to the boys who work there..
Hi.
I attended Triforce and purchased my son a new cricket bat. After replacing a Kookaburra bat once, I had to take the second replacement bat back as the handle was loose. Was informed by the manager that the bat was "faulty", and that I was entitled to a store credit only, after being issued with 2 cricket bats in a six week period. Informed Triforce that my son would like a refund considering they provided us with 2 faulty cricket bats. This was refused ! Most pathetic service I have ever had. Suggest that people go to Kingsgrove sports, as they refund for faulty equipment, but store credit only if product not used, and you simply change your mind. After going through fair trading, they said that I could elect to go to court at my cost, which clearly isn't worth the trouble. Was informed that the matter should go in my favour given the faulty products, however this requires time of work etc for a $250 cricket bat. So will have to get a store credit for items I don't need !

Triforce may be a little cheaper, but its not worth dealing with a company that won't refund not one, but two faulty products !
I guess word of mouth is a big thing, and with two boys playing rep/club/school cricket,as well as now playing seniors, I will make sure the message is passed on to other consumers to warn them of the bad after sales service. It's also worth noting that this all occurred in the middle of rep cricket season, and my son had to use an old bat way to small for him due to this nightmare ! I wouldn't recommend this company to ANYONE.

Lynda,
Everyone is entitled to their opinion in what is expected in after sales service. The facts are that if a product is deemed faulty by the manufacturer, be it once or twice, then the store is entitled to offer a refund, which was done after the manufacturer credits the store for the faulty goods, which I’m sure was what happened in your case. Fair trading I’m sure made you aware of this. Changing your mind on products after you have used them and expecting a refund is not common practice anywhere.

As for players being rep players or just club players, we don’t play favourites. All of our customers are important to us and we treat them all with the same amount of respect and high quality service that they deserve and an unbeatable knowledge of the products we sell.

Unfortunately the timing of this event is something that cannot be controlled. Cricket bats may break at any time and there are a number of reasons as to why this might happen, but I’m sure that they all carry manufacturer’s warranty. Slandering a company for something which is out of their control, is probably not the best practice.

I will go on and say we take customer service very seriously. We look after our customers by offering unbeatable knowledge, unbeatable prices and unbeatable after sales support. We sponsor and support numerous clubs, schools and associations, donate and support charities, and give back to the local community.

Lynda, I find it interesting that even after you comments, you have still happily returned to the store since then and made more purchases.

Bats are bats - they are made from natural products and as such can break at anytime. What Triforce offered seems reasonable to me. You bought a bat and they replaced it after it broke. They offered credit for the second bat that broke with the view that you would replace it again and hopefully get a bat which lasted for a decent amount of time. All seems fine to me, although I will add that just giving you a refund could have been option but as always that is the retailers discretion.

It should also be worth pointing out that unless you bought a triforce own make there is often little they can do. They would have to return the bat to their suppliers (in this case Kookaburra) and await their verdict. I'm guessing Kookaburra would simply have issued a replacement bat, similar to what triforce offered.

I would also question what your son was doing with the bats - to have one break straight away is unlucky, two seems like the problem might be elsewhere...

Lynda,
Everyone is entitled to their opinion in what is expected in after sales service. The facts are that if a product is deemed faulty by the manufacturer, be it once or twice, then the store is entitled to offer a refund, which was done after the manufacturer credits the store for the faulty goods, which I’m sure was what happened in your case. Fair trading I’m sure made you aware of this. Changing your mind on products after you have used them and expecting a refund is not common practice anywhere.

As for players being rep players or just club players, we don’t play favourites. All of our customers are important to us and we treat them all with the same amount of respect and high quality service that they deserve and an unbeatable knowledge of the products we sell.

Unfortunately the timing of this event is something that cannot be controlled. Cricket bats may break at any time and there are a number of reasons as to why this might happen, but I’m sure that they all carry manufacturer’s warranty. Slandering a company for something which is out of their control, is probably not the best practice.

I will go on and say we take customer service very seriously. We look after our customers by offering unbeatable knowledge, unbeatable prices and unbeatable after sales support. We sponsor and support numerous clubs, schools and associations, donate and support charities, and give back to the local community.

Lynda, I find it interesting that even after you comments, you have still happily returned to the store since then and made more purchases.

Hi Armen,

After going through Fair Trading, the bat was sent back to the manufacturer and deemed faulty. Fair trading advised your staff that this was the second faulty product, and as such a refund was wise in this instance.
As far as I'm concerned, this matter should never have got to that, had your company provide satisfactory customer service. The reason I had to return to your store, was to get my refund. It certainly wasn't by choice ! So I find this remark odd. As a consumer, I do not expect to be railroaded into replacing faulty items. I also personally spoke with you to remedy this situation before going to Fair Trading or writing this post, and you never even bothered to return my phone call after you looked into this matter as you promised. I even left a second message for you to return my call/enquiry which you failed to do. This situation should have been easily solved if the bat went back to Kookaburra in the first instance and refund offered, but you chose to ignore the situation forcing my hand. I am really sorry that you are unhappy with my post, but it is accurate and truthful. Hopefully you can learn by this unfortunate situation, and treat others respectfully and efficiently in the future. Had I have been wrong, Fair Trading would not have advised you to refund the money. Please be assured that I didn't "happily" return to your store by choice at all. As for your suggestion re slandering this company, please refer to the dictionary for the definition of slander. This post is a factual recall of events that occured, and can not be considered slander at all. Your company had full control of this situation at all times till Fair Trading stepped in, so not sure why your saying you had no control of this situation. Maybe it might make you sound/feel better. Once again sorry you are unhappy with the post/truth, but next time may I suggest you deal with the issue, rather than expecting people to just go away. Please also be informed that on returning to your store, I never handed over another single cent to your company, so not sure where you are under the belief that I made more purchases. On returning to the store I received a cash refund and another bat for my younger son on your store credit system.

Bats are bats - they are made from natural products and as such can break at anytime. What Triforce offered seems reasonable to me. You bought a bat and they replaced it after it broke. They offered credit for the second bat that broke with the view that you would replace it again and hopefully get a bat which lasted for a decent amount of time. All seems fine to me, although I will add that just giving you a refund could have been option but as always that is the retailers discretion.

It should also be worth pointing out that unless you bought a triforce own make there is often little they can do. They would have to return the bat to their suppliers (in this case Kookaburra) and await their verdict. I'm guessing Kookaburra would simply have issued a replacement bat, similar to what triforce offered.

I would also question what your son was doing with the bats - to have one break straight away is unlucky, two seems like the problem might be elsewhere...

Hi Sage,

This particular bat, and replacement bat were trial bats, and never officially launched by Kookaburra. There were only a couple made, and hence why I'm guessing the same bat was faulty twice. Have purchased several bats over the years, and never had any bat break before, and the new bat brought elsewhere has been fine since. I think one thing I have learnt, is to buy bats that have officially been launched, rather than trial bats in the future so the chances of another broken bat are minimal. I guess the disappointing thing for me is the way the issue was dealt with. Anyway end result was in my favour after Fair Trading advised that faulty products really need to be refunded. Was happy initially with replacement bat, but it then broke within weeks as well, so chose to go with another brand, which Trifirce didn't actually stock. I know that bats are made of natural product, and these things can happen.

Back