have any dvca blokes played at state or at international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Me

have any dvca blokes played at state or at international level

have any dvca blokes played at state or at international level?

Re: have any dvca blokes played at state or at international level

Mick Lewis (RV) - Vic and Aust
Tony Corcoran (RV) - Vic
Adam Dale (RE) - Qld and Aust
Michael Hill (DC) - Vic
Lloyd Mash (EL) - Vic

Did Clint McKay come through the DVCA? His brother was at Bundoora, so he may well have....

There's a couple more that have played second XI for their state as well.

I'm sure there are others...

I would watch out for a few and upcoming Juniors around the place.
Josh McDonald - Freakishly good Keeper
Mitch Johnson - Very good bat
Ben Abbatangelo - Already played a few games at District level.
Tom Gilmore - Also a very good bat.

All these should be stars of the future

You should change this thread to good DVCA junior players to go on and play high levels of district cricket

Adam Dale, played all his junior cricket at Research, went on to play for QLD and many One day Internationals for Australia

Bubble Wrap;292229 said:
Mick Lewis (RV) - Vic and Aust
Tony Corcoran (RV) - Vic
Adam Dale (RE) - Qld and Aust
Michael Hill (DC) - Vic
Lloyd Mash (EL) - Vic

Did Clint McKay come through the DVCA? His brother was at Bundoora, so he may well have....

There's a couple more that have played second XI for their state as well.

I'm sure there are others...

also played at mont cause he couldnt get past c grade. a mate at eltham said he played him in b grade one day thought he was okay but nothing special. then the next yr went down to watch a grade and saw the keeper basicly standing in the goal square and mick was sending them through like no tommorrow, in the space of a yr he reckons he picked up 30 yards or more

Please explain? How can you pick up 30 yards on a 22 yard pitch? LOL:D

bat11dontbowl;292658 said:
also played at mont cause he couldnt get past c grade. a mate at eltham said he played him in b grade one day thought he was okay but nothing special. then the next yr went down to watch a grade and saw the keeper basicly standing in the goal square and mick was sending them through like no tommorrow, in the space of a yr he reckons he picked up 30 yards or more

bat11dontbowl;292658 said:

Yeah - even in under 16's he was in our second team.

Got to about 25 years old and suddenly got fast. Was also playing footy with the Slime - maybe he was hitting the gym for his footy and that helped his bowling?

Bubble Wrap;293180 said:
Yeah - even in under 16's he was in our second team.

Got to about 25 years old and suddenly got fast. Was also playing footy with the Slime - maybe he was hitting the gym for his footy and that helped his bowling?
Did mick lewis play for the boro?

NEWCC (L);293388 said:
Did mick lewis play for the boro?

he played footy there, not cricket. he played at rosanna in the h.d.c.a, then went to mont before he went to district cricket. Not as quick as dale mcdonald both at there best, but mick could bowl quick for 30 overs dale about 5...
more comfortable facing Mick though, Dale bowled a bean ball every 10 balls, and that was just at training:eek:

I know this is titled "guys", but there are also a few girls that have come through the valley into state ranks.
Elise Villani currently plays for the open womens team, and Kirsty Lamb has just played in the under 15 national comp.

beenaround;293997 said:
I know this is titled "guys", but there are also a few girls that have come through the valley into state ranks.
Elise Villani currently plays for the open womens team, and Kirsty Lamb has just played in the under 15 national comp.

Good call, they have done well.

beenaround;293997 said:
Elise Villani went to my school lol, I was on the sport committee with her one year ha!

hahaha i played against steve in a 20/20 a couple of weeks ago.
he is an old boy of mhs, and im a current 1st XI member at mhs and to 'keep the link' between the two we had a match.
still hits a good cricket ball batted very well against us, but was suspect to the sledge. 'you might be alright steve, but we all know your sister is the best cricketer in the family'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back