HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

surely rosanna will be the team to beat this year with there superstar recruits in houssam Almatrah Sam sheehan from fitzroy and possibly kane shaw i'm seeing a rosanna v rosebank gf

Re: HDCA cricket forum

freak_show;401879 said:
surely rosanna will be the team to beat this year with there superstar recruits in houssam Almatrah Sam sheehan from fitzroy and possibly kane shaw i'm seeing a rosanna v rosebank gf

rosebank will go undefeated yet again trust me a class above

kennel;401878 said:
certainly talked the talk and then walked the walk :)

i here matthew best from north heidelberg is looking for a new home could be a handy pick up seeing he has already won the comp medal in divvy 2

freak_show;401879 said:

Dunbar from Ivanhoe (and Northcote 1's before that), too.

freak_show;401879 said:

No guarantee about Kane Shaw just yet. From what I hear Mick Lewis is trying to lure him down to Coburg.

interesting to see how rosanna go with the big JR taking a back seat. Huge pressure on the new blokes to take some pressure of him, don't think they are up to it, he will still be there best bat and bowler. Any truth in the rumour a skipper from down Warringal way is going to have a crack at district? Will anyone get near Rosebank? Will Heidelberg play anyone under 35? What are ppl's thoughts on a top 4.
Rosebank
Banyule
Edinburgh
Heidelberg

howzat23;402814 said:
interesting to see how rosanna go with the big JR taking a back seat. Huge pressure on the new blokes to take some pressure of him, don't think they are up to it, he will still be there best bat and bowler. Any truth in the rumour a skipper from down Warringal way is going to have a crack at district? Will anyone get near Rosebank? Will Heidelberg play anyone under 35? What are ppl's thoughts on a top 4.
Rosebank
Banyule
Edinburgh
Heidelberg
Not sure where you get your info from champ but i am pretty sure that Craig Stevens will front up again for the HCC this season!

Fezz;402926 said:
Not sure where you get your info from champ but i am pretty sure that Craig Stevens will front up again for the HCC this season!

I presumed he was probably talking about Aidan?

Re: HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

walter cronkite;403213 said:
unlikely my canine friend...

the doggies have simply got a bowling attack that not many sides can handle and even though it was only 20/20 rosebank and banyule were very impressed the two opening bowlers would open the attack in any A GRADE side u just keep a watch on them :)

walter cronkite;403214 said:
What about other grades? 2's? 3's etc? any predictions?

well how do you think the doggies will go in 2nd grade walter ,and who is the team to beat .... edinborough will get the chocky's in 3rd division

kennel;403227 said:
well how do you think the doggies will go in 2nd grade walter ,and who is the team to beat .... edinborough will get the chocky's in 3rd division

dogs will go close in the 2's; certainly top 4. edinburgh choked badly in final last season, will be wanting to make amends. not sure about 3rd grade, but you over-estimate edinborough's chances. again, bundled out cheaply when it mattered.

walter cronkite;403254 said:
dogs will go close in the 2's; certainly top 4. edinburgh choked badly in final last season, will be wanting to make amends. not sure about 3rd grade, but you over-estimate edinborough's chances. again, bundled out cheaply when it mattered.

I would've thought that making 150ish, and being passed 6/ would've been a pretty good result against a team that had basically not been headed all season, and with an opening attack that would "open the bowling in any A grade team".

Edinborough (sic) 2's were pretty ordinary against West Ivanhoe, but always going to be tough playing against another team's firsts with a couple of very good and very experience A grade quality cricketers.

I've heard that a few blokes have left the Burra, and there A/B grade depth will be tested. I'm tipping Rosanna to finish top of the table, but then be monstered by Rosebank in the one that counts. Huss will lose his temper (has he ever gone more than 10mins without doing so?), Dunbar will bowl half trackers, JR will punch someone and Plumpton will smash a century.

butterball;403298 said:
I would've thought that making 150ish, and being passed 6/ would've been a pretty good result against a team that had basically not been headed all season, and with an opening attack that would "open the bowling in any A grade team".

Edinborough (sic) 2's were pretty ordinary against West Ivanhoe, but always going to be tough playing against another team's firsts with a couple of very good and very experience A grade quality cricketers.

I've heard that a few blokes have left the Burra, and there A/B grade depth will be tested. I'm tipping Rosanna to finish top of the table, but then be monstered by Rosebank in the one that counts. Huss will lose his temper (has he ever gone more than 10mins without doing so?), Dunbar will bowl half trackers, JR will punch someone and Plumpton will smash a century.

well, it was 129 that they made and yeah, the dogs were strong all season. it does beg the question, 'what are these "a grade" bowlers doing playing 3rd grade cricket, but whatever. your comments on the 2's final were fair enough, but edinburgh had dominated all season and were expected to win.

walter cronkite;403325 said:
well, it was 129 that they made and yeah, the dogs were strong all season. it does beg the question, 'what are these "a grade" bowlers doing playing 3rd grade cricket, but whatever. your comments on the 2's final were fair enough, but edinburgh had dominated all season and were expected to win.

Big fish in small ponds, Walter.

They'll probably go very well in B Grade as well, because Trent and John are both at a better level than that. In saying that, when the going gets tough, one would expect a lot of their first 11 team to be quite ready to crack the sads. It's all well and good to run riot against 16 year olds and 45 year olds, but a different kettle of fish when you play against experienced cricketers who won't back down from their pace.

butterball;403336 said:
Big fish in small ponds, Walter.

They'll probably go very well in B Grade as well, because Trent and John are both at a better level than that. In saying that, when the going gets tough, one would expect a lot of their first 11 team to be quite ready to crack the sads. It's all well and good to run riot against 16 year olds and 45 year olds, but a different kettle of fish when you play against experienced cricketers who won't back down from their pace.

trent and john play at nth because there loyal to there friends and want to try and get into a grade with this club as they are nth heidelberg people all the way ,they could go get money anywhere it's all about loyalty and there ain't much of that aroound anymore....as i stated earlier post ask the 3 sides heid west rosebank and banyule there more than capable of terrorising the better sides as well:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back