Hdca Update

Brian Fontana

Just a quick one in response to Berger's post
"Unfortunately HDCA is now dead. The plan was to create the NECA which looked very promising. It was going to be what many believed to be a strong rival to DVCA. A joint venture between HDCA & NMCA would have reinvigorated cricket in the zone with growth at all levels & most of all with Juniors.
All the stakeholders gave undertakings that they would commit to this structure, however in the last week Banyule, Edinburgh & EISCC did an about face & put and end to what was agreed to.
This is really disappointing as the above mentioned clubs were not acting in good faith & ran separate agenda's which was unknown to most.
The irony is that 2 of the 3 clubs that have decided to defect at the last minute, are conflicted with their interests.
Question: Who is the GM of HDCA. Question: who is the Treasurer of HDCA. Did these office bearers know something that the rest of the HDCA clubs were unaware of.
It is my understanding that the mentioned clubs have been negotiating with ECA & DVCA in the last few months in a clandestine fashion without disclosing their position to the relevant stakeholders.
To me this is an act of treachery and double dealing & unfortunately wont be brought to account as the comp is now dead. Shame on all that have been party to this betrayal, which have only seeked to serve the best interest of their own backyard. "

Not sure where Berger is getting his info from but I can assure you that Banyule had not entered into any discussions with either the ECA or DVCA until being informed of Edinburgh & East Ivanhoe's decision.​
The GM of the HDCA was a very strong advocate of the NECA & was exceptionally disappointed that the proposed merger fell over. This was not unanimous at Banyule but a majority of members voted late last week to procede with the NECA. I might add that the original vote (the night that Rosanna voted to leave) was unanimous.​
Sorry to rain on your conspiracy theory.​

Not sure where Berger is getting his info from but I can assure you that Banyule had not entered into any discussions with either the ECA or DVCA until being informed of Edinburgh & East Ivanhoe's decision.​
The GM of the HDCA was a very strong advocate of the NECA & was exceptionally disappointed that the proposed merger fell over. This was not unanimous at Banyule but a majority of members voted late last week to procede with the NECA. I might add that the original vote (the night that Rosanna voted to leave) was unanimous.​
Sorry to rain on your conspiracy theory.​

It's disappointing to hear that the merge isn't a goer. What's also disappointing is that Banyule & Heidelberg seem to have decided to look else where to play now that it has fallen over after they supported the merge as they did. I mean, why support it in the 1st place so vigourously, when as soon as 1 of the other main clubs pulls out, then everyone is out??? :confused::confused:

Surely if Banyule, Heidelberg & Rosebank all came across together, so to speak, then the NMCA would/should still accomodate them all on merit.... Instead they will more than likely, all start in lower grades than they should be in....

Edinburgh and East Ivanhoe could they be anymore stupid. There entering a comp that play with 2 piece cricket balls and East Ivanhoe havent even been allowed a spot in Macgibbon shield. If Edinburgh think they can even be in the top 2 turf divisions in ECA they've got another thing coming the Dunstan and Wright shield teams spend from 10k onwards on players and coaches. They might be lucky to fit into division 3 Turf grade seeming they've never won a premiership in the HDCA A grade level. What a joke.

It's disappointing to hear that the merge isn't a goer. What's also disappointing is that Banyule & Heidelberg seem to have decided to look else where to play now that it has fallen over after they supported the merge as they did. I mean, why support it in the 1st place so vigourously, when as soon as 1 of the other main clubs pulls out, then everyone is out??? :confused::confused:

Surely if Banyule, Heidelberg & Rosebank all came across together, so to speak, then the NMCA would/should still accomodate them all on merit.... Instead they will more than likely, all start in lower grades than they should be in....
I'm sure that the clubs of Banyule and Heidelberg would have still persisted towards the NMCA/Merger but the problem was with Edinburgh and East Ivanhoe out. the setup lost 18 junior teams that those 2 clubs provide and 11 senior teams between the 2.

The merger was only going to work with 4 of the 5 strong clubs involved. Rosanna was a costly loss however when ECC pulled out the reality was clear that the merger was no longer appealing without 2 of the 5 strong clubs.

East Ianhoe did not affect any of the clubs decisions but once again it was disappointing that they left the merger because they were graded into 2nd grade as they are of the belief that they are a 1st grade club. Ironically and rather funnily enough they have been graded into the ECA's second divison as well.

Edinburgh and East Ivanhoe could they be anymore stupid. There entering a comp that play with 2 piece cricket balls and East Ivanhoe havent even been allowed a spot in Macgibbon shield. If Edinburgh think they can even be in the top 2 turf divisions in ECA they've got another thing coming the Dunstan and Wright shield teams spend from 10k onwards on players and coaches. They might be lucky to fit into division 3 Turf grade seeming they've never won a premiership in the HDCA A grade level. What a joke.
we all know your from Banyule or heidelberg. So after bagging our comp like you did it now looks like you will be playing in our comp. is that why you have gone all quiet on the dv forum? you better hope we dont find out where your from or it could jeapodise where you club starts especially if the key people of the dv find out. A lot of people not happy with your comments yallah so now im interested in your opinion of dvca? has it changed all of a sudden

I don't even know what a HDCA delegate does, but if you're the standard, then I will enjoy getting away from this competition. The bullshit you peddle on this forum is embarrassing what is/was a terrific competition to play cricket in.

The merger was only going to work with 4 of the 5 strong clubs involved. Rosanna was a costly loss however when ECC pulled out the reality was clear that the merger was no longer appealing without 2 of the 5 strong clubs.

East Ianhoe did not affect any of the clubs decisions but once again it was disappointing that they left the merger because they were graded into 2nd grade as they are of the belief that they are a 1st grade club. Ironically and rather funnily enough they have been graded into the ECA's second divison as well.

East Ivanhoe's decision was a significant blow to the NECA/Yarra Juniors proposal due to their juniors (& the departure of being able to use multiple grounds at Chelsworth).

East may still get a shot at Macgibbon with both Banyule & Heidelberg deciding to apply to the DVCA. Apparently the ECA made an outstanding presentation to Heidelberg, Banyule & Viewbank last night & it came down to location for most people.

Still a few interesting months ahead.

we all know your from Banyule or heidelberg. So after bagging our comp like you did it now looks like you will be playing in our comp. is that why you have gone all quiet on the dv forum? you better hope we dont find out where your from or it could jeapodise where you club starts especially if the key people of the dv find out. A lot of people not happy with your comments yallah so now im interested in your opinion of dvca? has it changed all of a sudden
My comments haven't changed 1 bit about DV and never will. I'm entitled to comment as this forum hasn't put any restrictions in place. One thing is for sure think whatever you want and wherever i'm from.

East Ivanhoe's decision was a significant blow to the NECA/Yarra Juniors proposal due to their juniors (& the departure of being able to use multiple grounds at Chelsworth).

East may still get a shot at Macgibbon with both Banyule & Heidelberg deciding to apply to the DVCA. Apparently the ECA made an outstanding presentation to Heidelberg, Banyule & Viewbank last night & it came down to location for most people.

Still a few interesting months ahead.

Does anyone know what Viewbank are going to do, then?

I don't even know what a HDCA delegate does, but if you're the standard, then I will enjoy getting away from this competition. The bullshit you peddle on this forum is embarrassing what is/was a terrific competition to play cricket in.
There's no HDCA Delegate anymore is there so i don't what your talking about saying that's the standrd. When i don't have a title as delegate anymore i can say whatever i want. Whats your explanation towards using 2 piece cricket balls. Is it back to Junior days for ECC

My comments haven't changed 1 bit about DV and never will. I'm entitled to comment as this forum hasn't put any restrictions in place. One thing is for sure think whatever you want and wherever i'm from.
good to know you have such a strong opinion about a competition you will be playing in. No wonder youve gone so quiet on the dv forum lately. Obviously uve known you will be playing there and decided to shut up, good decision

Does anyone know what Viewbank are going to do, then?

I believe they are looking at both the DVCA & NMCA.... From the grapevine I hear that Heid West, Old Ivanhoe, Bellfield & Nth Heidelberg are all applying to the NMCA. Not sure about Rosebank, very tough on them as they don't fit into the DVCA's requirements on location/juniors & had somewhat of a bitter split with the NMCA.

There's no HDCA Delegate anymore is there so i don't what your talking about saying that's the standrd. When i don't have a title as delegate anymore i can say whatever i want. Whats your explanation towards using 2 piece cricket balls. Is it back to Junior days for ECC

The DVCA only began using four piece balls two seasons ago (Money Shield possibly only last season? Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong), so I hardly think it's the earth shattering stuff. That said, I've always thought blokes who use two piece balls in the nets are cheating, so will be a bit to deal with for me! Historically, cricket played on synthetic pitches has used two piece balls, so as more competition adopt the four piece balls I would suggest the ECA will too.

In terms of your ridiculous statements regarding ECC playing on turf, that is not something that is expected to occur in the immediate future. As far as I know (and I'm not on the committee), the Committee was surprised that the council floated the idea with them, but as Council support is unbelievably important to any suburban sporting club it would be remiss of them not to explore the idea. In terms of coaching, Edinburgh would be at least as strong as most ECA clubs would be. Obviously the depth in playing stocks aren't up to a Dunstan shield level, but being a turf club would make recruiting (and here, I refer to attracting players to the club who wouldn't be paid) good cricketers far easier. As it stands now, I don't think Edinburgh has ever recruited someone to the club who didn't already have a strong link to at least one current player, and I think a lot of that is due to playing on synthetic not really being a viable option for most District/subbies/VTCA players.

The DVCA only began using four piece balls two seasons ago (Money Shield possibly only last season? Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong), so I hardly think it's the earth shattering stuff. That said, I've always thought blokes who use two piece balls in the nets are cheating, so will be a bit to deal with for me! Historically, cricket played on synthetic pitches has used two piece balls, so as more competition adopt the four piece balls I would suggest the ECA will too.

In terms of your ridiculous statements regarding ECC playing on turf, that is not something that is expected to occur in the immediate future. As far as I know (and I'm not on the committee), the Committee was surprised that the council floated the idea with them, but as Council support is unbelievably important to any suburban sporting club it would be remiss of them not to explore the idea. In terms of coaching, Edinburgh would be at least as strong as most ECA clubs would be. Obviously the depth in playing stocks aren't up to a Dunstan shield level, but being a turf club would make recruiting (and here, I refer to attracting players to the club who wouldn't be paid) good cricketers far easier. As it stands now, I don't think Edinburgh has ever recruited someone to the club who didn't already have a strong link to at least one current player, and I think a lot of that is due to playing on synthetic not really being a viable option for most District/subbies/VTCA players.
Now let me ask you this putting all this into context.Did ECC spend sufficient time on researching the ECA? A post earlier from another person clealry stated that the only real reasons for ECC going into ECA was because of behaviour and the standard of Umpires and Facilities. Now don't get me wrong but how will ECC display their facilities to the ECA. the visiting rooms is smaller than a bedroom in a cottage. The afternoon tea is deplorable. Yet this will be displayed to clubs like Boroondara Balwyn Bulleen.... Talking about behaviour wasn't it back a couple of seasons ago that one of the ECC supporters let a dog intentionally out onto the field in a Semi Final when the game was in the balance and disrupted play when Rosebank had the momentum. The game ended up being a tie which wasn't enough for them to go through to the GF. He also stated that two failing competions together does not make a good competition. Last time i did science didn't two negatives make a positive which was what the two comps would have most likely if not definitely produced. In terms of Turf cricket he also mentioned that it is part of their long term setup to be able to provide turf cricket. How will synthetic and turf cricket mix together if this was to eventuate at some stage? Wouldn't that divide the club? To finish off now let's be honest most of the Edinburgh juniors struggled winning games and putting on a performance in the HDCA juniors how are they going to expect to enjoy there cricket when they fit into what is probably the biggest junior setup in Vic Metro? did you think of all these aspects before making the big decision? If so i'd like to hear reasons.

Back