Hell4Leather Bat, Peoples Opinions?

phil2oo8

Got myself a nice early Xmas present at a very good price.Got a mate who's a big lad and has always used a heavy bat so got himself a 2.10 Hell4Leather 666 5 star but because the pick up on thems so good he didn't think it felt right and fortunately for me he's well off, so I got an unused Hell4Leather 666 5 star RRP £175 for a £100 (thats what makes me laugh he didn't even use it against a ball- picked up, disliked, bargain for me.)

What are peoples opinons on H4L on here? The grains are perfectly straight about 10 or 11, like i said it feels weightless but it is as big as my old bat that felt like a railway sleeper, and they look stunning just because of the stickers. However, i don't know if it's because there from a smaller shop and there hand made but it has 2 dead knots on it (little black hole things from were a branch has grown of) but there not on the face so shouldn't affect the bat just not as pretty so perhaps thats why the big brands don't use wood with them on for aesthetic purposes. But i'm not going to grumble at £100.
What has annoyed me is the lad doesn't knock bats in because he just gets a new one a season and if it does go during the season he just buys a new one, but he does put scuff sheets on so i've had to whip of the scuff sheet, against the grain of course, but its just the glue that gets left over annoys me but the man from the local cricket shop said just oil it because the little glue there is will go with the oil.
Does anyone know if the H4L are in anyway pre-knocked in just to gage how long i need to do it for? As much as my family love me they wouldn't appreciate me wrecking their christmas by hammering out xmas tunes on a bat.

if the knots aren't on the fact then it doesn't affect the grading. Also, H4L grade on performance, not aesthetics. They aren't pre-knocked in as such, even the ones that are should still be knocked in for an hour so, so I'd recommend knocking it in for a few hours. Wonderful bats, Matt's a quality podshaver so you should have a hell of a bat mate!

I've heard good things about the H4L and it sounds like you got a bargain. I'd be happy with that bat, especially at that price.

Back