help with bowling action

Re: help with bowling action

First thing I noticed is that you seem to running in on the angle, try to get it so it's a straight line, will help everything else get into line.

I'll have a further look later and see what else I can spot.

Also, swing is about the wrist positions rather than the action. Get your wrist behind the ball and it should start to move.

Yeh same here, there's a guy in my team who runs up on the side of the pitch then jumps into the middle. I'm no coach but you probably should look to change that as I would imagine you would lose a lot of momentum through that.

i think i've figured out why i'm only able to bowl inswing watching it in slow-mo my wrist is faced slightly back and down leg which may explain why there is no outswing

sometimes i have my run-up straight but its that last bit where i sort of skip to the side i think thats messing me up, might be the reason i keep getting side strain

The run up could do with being straighter and if you coupled that with a stronger follow through it could help your pace quite a bit I think.

It could be why you're getting a side strain but if you make sure you warm up properly that should at least help it.

Back