How do you rate south Africa's one day chances

grapedo

How do you rate south Africa's one day chances

How do you think South Africa will fair in the 5 match odi series in Australia next year ?

Personally I think the squad is a good one and can produce some results provided the bowling is on song to knock over some in experienced Aussies such as Marsh and Hopes.

Re: How do you rate south Africa's one day chances

Southafrican ODI side is not that good ,even STeyn performance is not good in ODI, so i expect Aus to sweep the ODI series....

ArShad;302200 said:
Southafrican ODI side is not that good ,even STeyn performance is not good in ODI, so i expect Aus to sweep the ODI series....

Thats a rather bold claim. Until the England series this year they were ranked the best odi team in the world.

I agree with ArShad. The South African ODI team isn't that good, and I think our one is pretty good. I'd expect Australia to take it out 4-1.

Mousey;302213 said:
I agree with ArShad. The South African ODI team isn't that good, and I think our one is pretty good. I'd expect Australia to take it out 4-1.

Why do you and ArShad think they aren't good ? :confused:

eddiesmith;302238 said:
They got smashed by England who are a shocking ODI team

I think that was a bit of an off series but anyway we will have to wait and see I suppose.

Australia to win 3-2.

Our one day bowlers are better than our test bowlers so i expect a much better performance.

Buddy23#;302693 said:
Have to do it without there supreme leader.

yeah that will make things tough especially with Johan Botha as stand in skipper but reportedly he did a good job against Kenya and Bangladesh so we will see.

Amla will most likely open and fill the void well though.

South Africa is better at ODI's than tests, so if they can beat australia in tests then they will definetly win the ODI series.

Amla usually opens for the ODI's anyway, doesn't he? Also, SAf used to be better at ODI's than tests, but I think they are better at tests now.

Botha knows his stuff, should be a good captain.

ArShad;302200 said:

Wont be a sweep.

Will be a hard, tough and close series.

Australia to prevail, just, 3-2.

Mousey;302972 said:
Amla usually opens for the ODI's anyway, doesn't he? Also, SAf used to be better at ODI's than tests, but I think they are better at tests now.

Botha knows his stuff, should be a good captain.

Amla has been opening lately while Gibbs was at rehab but now he is back I assumed Smith and Gibbs would open.

Mornington Coombser;303245 said:
South Africa to pinch the series 3-2 - Without Lee the Australians lack a genuine threat up front Johnson aside.

Not sure how you can call Lee a threat after his past 3 months. Wasn't the same bowler he was 18 months ago and still (maybe a little biased dislike, not rating him) but didn't think he was all that threating. His time has past him now.

Also think your forgetting one Nathan Bracken, number 1 ranked ODI bowler. Left arm swings it with a solid slower ball.......

D.K;303313 said:
Not sure how you can call Lee a threat after his past 3 months. Wasn't the same bowler he was 18 months ago and still (maybe a little biased dislike, not rating him) but didn't think he was all that threating. His time has past him now.

Also think your forgetting one Nathan Bracken, number 1 ranked ODI bowler. Left arm swings it with a solid slower ball.......

Im pretty sure South Africa have always had the better performances against him though.

grapedo;303335 said:
Im pretty sure South Africa have always had the better performances against him though.

Yeah against South Africa:
Bracken - 9 matches - 358 runs -13 wickets @ 27.58 with an economy of 4.56.

Where as his career
148 wickets @ 21.87.

So South Africa have always had the wood on him.

Back