How good was this test series against South Africa

reedy_92

How good was this test series against South Africa

This test series the best i have seen in Australia. It was amazing good competition some good knocks from Pontings 2 in Melbourne. Graeme Smith in Perth. J.P Duminy in Melbourne. Steyn in Melbourne. Clarke. We saw players develop like Mitchell Johnson, Duminy, even Micheal Clarke to an extent. Great series What do u guys think was the best part of the series? I just cant wait for the tour of South Africa

Re: How good was this test series against South Africa

reedy_92;306516 said:
This test series the best i have seen in Australia. It was amazing good competition some good knocks from Pontings 2 in Melbourne. Graeme Smith in Perth. J.P Duminy in Melbourne. Steyn in Melbourne. Clarke. We saw players develop like Mitchell Johnson, Duminy, even Micheal Clarke to an extent. Great series What do u guys think was the best part of the series? I just cant wait for the tour of South Africa

It was shit we lost:eek::eek:

reedy_92;306516 said:

I agree with you mate. That was the best series I have watched in full ever, but I'm only 16.

Very good series, very entertaining and i am enjoying watching the test side rebuilding take place.

My Highlight was when Duminy rebuilt South Africa's 6 - 140 and gave them a lead. Then Steyn coming and skittling the aussies the next day was brilliant.

Also loved it when Ponting was out on 99. :p

Yep, absolutely fantastic series. Even though we lost, the cricket was exciting, there were numerous heroes on both sides, and, unlike the recent matches against India, there seemed to be a deep mutual respect between the sides by the end of the series. It was played very much within the true spirit of the game. Still ultra-competitive, but always through bat and ball.

There were a few words said by both sides before the series, but it was all forgotten by the time they took the field. Can't put into words how much my respect for Smith and the South Africans has increased over the course of the series.

BabyBlues;307251 said:
Yep, absolutely fantastic series. Even though we lost, the cricket was exciting, there were numerous heroes on both sides, and, unlike the recent matches against India, there seemed to be a deep mutual respect between the sides by the end of the series. It was played very much within the true spirit of the game. Still ultra-competitive, but always through bat and ball.

There were a few words said by both sides before the series, but it was all forgotten by the time they took the field. Can't put into words how much my respect for Smith and the South Africans has increased over the course of the series.

I am very glad to here this very few had really recognised South africa's talent before this series. :)

Back