Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clive Lloyd

• Other - post below!

• Total voters

StanTheMan

How many grips do you have on your bat?

Just a little thread - was wondering how many grips you lot have on your bat?

I use 2 and half (the half being at the bottom).

Can anyone match the great Clive lloyd who used to have something like 7 or so?

Re: How many grips do you have on your bat?

What a topic lol.

I have 1 or maybe 2 grips on my bats but it depends on handle shape and thickness.

i used to play without a grip earlier but i generally use 2 grips these days as one is no good and even 3 on one bat because the handle is a bit thin.

I have always played with only 1 grip. Why do you guys use more than 1? What is the advantage or difference?

Rohitpatel said:
I have always played with only 1 grip. Why do you guys use more than 1? What is the advantage or difference?

Mainly to do with holding the bat comfortably I think.Having more grips increases the thickness of the bat and helps in gripping the bat better for some.Its all based on who's comfortable with what.

just 2 for me, average size hands but i always have a green coloured one on top

Some good replies so far, have to say I'm disapointed that no-one has said they use four or more yet!

StanTheMan said:
Some good replies so far, have to say I'm disapointed that no-one has said they use four or more yet!
lol why are you disappointed. you have got to be crazy to use 4 or more grips.

sid_19840 said:
Mainly to do with holding the bat comfortably I think.Having more grips increases the thickness of the bat and helps in gripping the bat better for some.Its all based on who's comfortable with what.
Oh I didnt knew that. My friend has 2 grips on his bat. I always thought it was some superstition he had.
I have heard that Sourav Ganguly uses 7 grips. He also carries about 7 bats with him :laugh:

From what I've heard Ganguly is one of those fidgety players that are always changing things, no wonder he has 7 grips, probably can't make his mind up.

I'm using three at the moment, i don't know why, i usually use two, but i've just been getting used to a wider grip round my fingers.

2 It balances the bat better i find much easier to control a shot when the blade feels balanced than when its toe heavy. Its probably a mental thing but i helped my game a lot when the second grip was applied.

Timed Out said:
2 It balances the bat better i find much easier to control a shot when the blade feels balanced than when its toe heavy. Its probably a mental thing but i helped my game a lot when the second grip was applied.

I'd say it was probably a bit of both, obviosuly the second grip adds some weight to the top of the bat but you also got a bit of a mental lift from feeling like you've done something to change your game.

Looks like 2 grips is the popular choice?

Back