How Would I Coach The Socceroo's To Play?

I would play the 4-4-2 formation. This is the basis and back bone of my strategy. The backs, I would coach to be deep near the goal line. The backs would be in the 1-3 line up. The mid-fielders would decide between attack and defence when they have the ball. The mid-fielders would play in the center of the pitch, when they have the ball. They would pass the ball up, in the center of the pitch, and keep possession in the center. The main USP about my advice would be to keep short passing the ball. The mid-fielders would keep looking to be ahead of the team-mate in possession, and always look to position themselves in an advantageous position to receive a short pass. All this, in the center of the pitch. The forwards would do their usual role, if they have the ball, from the mid-fielders.
In my opinion, soccer is Russian Roulette, but the coaches, have written tomes, on how to play Russian Roulette. The only way to play Russian Roulette well, is to constantly play Russian Roulette, to win.

Back