I get a bowl but dont bat should i move clubs ??

leafy

I get a bowl but dont bat should i move clubs ??

Hi i play for a local team near my house im 15 btw and i get to bowl but i bat at like 10 or 11 and this is not going to help me improve my batting i play cricket to bat even though bowling is my much stronger suit what should i do ? move club or stay and just bowl ?? ;)

Re: I get a bowl but dont bat should i move clubs ??

Moving club may not be the best choice - as there is no guarantee that things will be different anywhere else, and you'll have to spend some time establishing yourself in the new setup. I reckon a good plan would be to talk to your captain (and maybe a coach too) and tell him that you want to improve your batting and would like to get more time in the middle during games. If he's in any way reasonable, you should be able to come up with a plan of some sort - where he tells you what parts of your batting you need to improve, and in return you get to start moving up the order.

Most of the time, if you show an interest in improving your game, people will respond positively. If he flat out refuses to comprimise on your role as a tail-ender, and isn't interested in helping you to improve your game - then you could start thinking about other clubs.

Tonight was training and i batted quite well even if i did get bowled 2 times in first 6 balls but after that started batting well and not out again and was playing some realy nice cover drives and after game i spoke to captian and he sed hed try to eventualy move me down the order so this week im batting 9!!!!!!!! and im actualy very proud of that but i do feel the reason y i get to bat there is as i told them how unhappy i was and its the threat of loosing my bowling that has made them move me down not the fact that i actualy should be batting further down so i have decided to stick around for a bit

No harm in making your feelings known. As long as you can justify any move up the order (by scoring some runs) it's in your interests to speak up.

A lot of people just let things like this lie and end up walking away from cricket, when in reality all the had to do was talk to someone.

Glad to hear that you're getting a promotion - now go make it count!

stick with it for now, make the most of your promotion!

I asked one of the teams captains at my club for a game up the order, and I got put at 4 and played a decent innings. I'm going to keep working hard at my batting and hopefully prove myself and make the most of the chances I get. I do annoying have to bat at 9 or 10 also, which isn't great, what's annoying is that in terms of natural ability i'm better than most of the people that are batting ahead of me. I'm sure it'll come good though, if I keep batting well at nets I'll eventually get a chance up the order.

ive just started to play in our first team consistently and i'm batting at 5 or 6 depending, some times at 4!

its a differnet ball game to the 2nd team 6 div's away! stick with it!

I've recently been promoted from 10 to 8 for the 2nds which doesn't sound like a whole lot but from being always no.11 last year I'm pretty chuffed with it.

lol ty i know have a totaly different problem after batting number 7 ! this week and scoring a 37* with 5 4s and a 6 and picking up 4 wickets bowling first change i feel i should get senious cricket at pretty much any club in the league i would get 3rd team 2and team or even 1st team cricket based on my bowling ability but with my freinds (who i would say are not as good as me but are batsmen ) getting senior cricket this will have a knock on effect because therll be gettin a lot more practise in then me and that will mean that eventualy they will be a lot better this is going to make it hard for me as i will be expected to take charge of the u 18s bowling attack next year and i will have only played around 10 mathces this season compared to there 30 or 40

Mate just because you practice more doesn't necessarily mean they will be better than you. If you're not getting enough club practice then walk down to the nets yourself and practice whenever you can.

As jonesy says it's not the end of the world. You can practice by yourself if need be. The only advantage they will have is that they will be more experience when it comes to the match situation as they have played more.

This is something you can quickly catch up with. Make sure that any practice you do undertake is at the same intensity as a match, bowl and bat to a scenario (20 win to off 3 overs, coming in bat at 50-6 etc) and it will all help.

Last but most importantly - believe in yourself 110% - back yourself to do well every game.

Back