Icc To Hand Over The Power To The Big Three

I don't fully understand this proposal so won't comment. Has anyone a good link that explains it properly.

I don't fully understand this proposal so won't comment. Has anyone a good link that explains it properly.
Somebody may have à link that explains this with détail but in short all/or a big part of icc cricket control may be under the control of big3

The aim of the proposal is twofold:

1) Eng, Aus and India will keep a far larger share of the revenues for themselves, severely restricting the development of cricket outside these three countries.
2) The FTP is being heavily watered down, so big marquee tours between the big 3 will happen more often, and tours to other countries will happen less often and in many cases effectively abandoned altogether.

If it goes through, then the inevitable result will be that in 5 years time, there will only be 3-4 test teams, as the other sides (NZ, WI etc) will have lost all their revenues, and subsequently all their players to the IPL/BBL etc.

Without the goal of creating test players, long format domestic cricket will disappear everywhere except in England and Aus, where it will last maybe 3-4 more years at best.

In 10-15 years time, 4 or 5 day cricket will be a game played solely by enthusiastic amateurs and broadcast on the internet.

International T20 will still exist, and possibly ODIs, but the balance between club and country will have shifted to be more like it is in soccer.

Ithink that other boards should threaten to create a new cricket board

I would hope that if they did so, teams of English, Australian and Indian players could be got together and the world of cricket would just carry on without the BCCI, CA and the ECB.

Sorry ECB, in my experience the majority of people that work for you are fantastic, its just that Giles Clarke bloke is a self serving arrogant little sh1t

The one thing that really annoys me are the people who support it along the lines of "It'll make more money for the game so it must be good", shouldn't it be about the running and growth of the great game with making money out of it just a bonus?

Other professional sports seem to survive without cartels running them so why is this necessary for cricket?

The one thing that really annoys me are the people who support it along the lines of "It'll make more money for the game so it must be good", shouldn't it be about the running and growth of the great game with making money out of it just a bonus?

Other professional sports seem to survive without cartels running them so why is this necessary for cricket?

It certainly may make more money in the short term. Exploit what is hot but what happens when one of the big three fall into a trough. England were wowfull for years through the 90's and 00's, Australia have only just got it together again and India have only just found it after being one of the biggest under performers for decades. Some of the greatest series i remember were series such as India v Pakistan, Australia v New Zealand and anything were England looses;)(just stirring)

Maybe we can revisit the future tours program to allow some more exploitation of the money teams but i still believe this is best done with a division system like the premier league. As for T20 this must become purely franchised and generate its own revenue. Test cricketers should be the best paid and most highly regarded.

I've been glued to Twitter during the ICC meetings. These three tweets/excerpts sum up the progress:

oMd7NFH.png

Basically, they're saying the Paper wasn't put to a vote and has been deferred, but we really have no way of knowing. The ICC's lack of transparency is abysmal.

So apparently the world test challenge has been dumped and the champions trophy put back. Now there is a backward step to get this whole mess running.

I've been glued to Twitter during the ICC meetings. These three tweets/excerpts sum up the progress:

oMd7NFH.png

Basically, they're saying the Paper wasn't put to a vote and has been deferred, but we really have no way of knowing. The ICC's lack of transparency is abysmal.
I don't know why cricket boards give so much importance to BCCI , Yes they do have a lot of money but if they dont play in t20 world cup and asia cup then, bcci will have a loss too --'

I don't know why cricket boards give so much importance to BCCI , Yes they do have a lot of money but if they dont play in t20 world cup and asia cup then, bcci will have a loss too --'

They should learn some game theory, make a credible commitment by signing a legal document that says if this coup goes through, none of them will ever play England, Australia or India again in any format of cricket for the next 100 years, upon forfeit they will dissolve their assets and give every penny they all to charity. Make it absolutely watertight so there is no way to go back on it.

What that does is put the ball in E/A/I's court. They have the choice - either play fair or destroy world cricket and their entire source of revenue for the next 100 years. No way would they risk it.

NZC are apparently happy because the Big 3 have made a 'commitment' to play against NZ over the next 10 years, they seem to forget that during the old Aus-Eng axis that reigned Aus didn't play NZ for something like 30 years because they didn't have to. Are all the cricket boards suddenly forgetting why the old Imperial Cricket Council was replaced by the current ICC?

They should learn some game theory, make a credible commitment by signing a legal document that says if this coup goes through, none of them will ever play England, Australia or India again in any format of cricket for the next 100 years, upon forfeit they will dissolve their assets and give every penny they all to charity. Make it absolutely watertight so there is no way to go back on it.

What that does is put the ball in E/A/I's court. They have the choice - either play fair or destroy world cricket and their entire source of revenue for the next 100 years. No way would they risk it.
That sounds a bit extreme but i agree with your sentiment. I think they can have the same effect if all other countries, Test and associate, withdraw from the ICC and establish the World Cricket Association. Have all countries equal with a solid democratic constitution. Soon the big three will realise they have lost and come back cap in hand and have to eat humble pie.
The BCCI may have the most money but this is from gambling and media rights. Don't forget the populations of all the other countries. With clever marketing and well targeted promotion they could over take the gambling and media rights fight across Asia and the US. I could see a true world series in T20 accross the North America, Europe, the middle East and sub-continent that would destroy the IPL and BBL.

Don't like it one bit. Can definitely see Associate team falling away very quickly along with Bangladesh and also Zimbabwe. Very disappointing stuff all round and hopefully it is knocked back.

Back