Im back and Im feeling fat

freddiw

Im back and Im feeling fat

Well hello again Simplycricket, the last time I posted was nearly 4 months ago and I was looking for off season tips. well I can tell you I havent done well and havent done badly.

1) Played NO cricket until last week
2) Fitness is up and working hard
3) Eating well, my mum is fuming after hundreds have been spent on bananas in the last few months
4) Still into cricket and looking forward to being back in England for September (more off-season)

I had a very good net today with my coach and he mentioned the coaching techniques in county cricket etc etc. Thats why I came here to ask whether there is anything I can do to get spotted by county selectors. Their are a few benefits for me.

1) School in SUFFOLK want to play Essex
2) My school main coach 'Don Topley' played and is connected with Essex

NEgatives

1) Dont know whether good enough (obviously)
2) Playing school is unlikely to get notification

well there it is all I can think of anyway.

@Liz - If you are still on here can you answer a few questions please.

1) Please send me the player evaluation will defiantly fill it out.
2) How did you know I went to RHS all that time back? its a question thats haunts me :p

Thankyou all in advance although I dont think I did well :p

Re: Im back and Im feeling fat

freddiw;28574 said:
2) How did you know I went to RHS all that time back? its a question thats haunts me :p

Elementary my dear Freddie ;)

I shall send you the evaluation but unfortunately I will be out of the country for a while... back in September.

I will send you a PM regarding county.

What do you mean when you say elementary?

Will write to the Essex people although will wait till back in England and so I can ask Topley about it (do you know him?)

Good to hear I have a reputation :)

I have lived in Australia since January 2007 Moving back to England in September 2008 (August 28 very soon)

Will then be based at RHS in Suffolk and hopfully will be able to trial for Essex although not sure/

RHS - nice! From what I remember they have a good sports department so should be plenty of opportunity to improve your game and also a better than average chance of being spotted by a county.

I know all!

Seriosuly, I used to work for a company supplying cricket kit to schools, I've dealt with a lot of schools over the years and some of them stick in your mind more than others.

Just try your best is the best answer to be honest with you. Play hard, practice harder and try to learn/improve a little everyday. Work ethic stands out as much as talent for some people. If you can get into the school sides then go for it and really give it a shot.

You'll also need a little bit of luck but that will come with hard work.

Back