Inconsistency Of England

Mugshot

Ive noticed how inconsistent England can be in recent times. Look at the latest ODI with India and you can see straight away what I mean. First OD series they batted well and scored a huge 325 for 4, but then lose the next two series with only 158 and 155 runs. 155 runs is low by anyones standards, but for England its one of their worst scores in the past 5 years...I do wonder about England sometimes.

Ive noticed how inconsistent England can be in recent times. Look at the latest ODI with India and you can see straight away what I mean. First OD series they batted well and scored a huge 325 for 4, but then lose the next two series with only 158 and 155 runs. 155 runs is low by anyones standards, but for England its one of their worst scores in the past 5 years...I do wonder about England sometimes.

England's not the only team to be struggling with consistency in world cricket currently. I think the problem lies more with struggling to adapt from Test cricket to T20 to ODI cricket like Australia is finding at the moment with Sri Lanka. Plus, ODI cricket is probably the hardest format to adapt to as it's in the middle between Test and T20 cricket.

I suppose your right, many players have a preference and whilst some like the quick play of a T20 match, others play better in a full test..the ODI is somewhere inbetween which must be harder for players to adjust too as you say. Like you say other teams are struggling to adapt too, maybe England has stuck out for me because of some recent very low scoring results.

I suppose your right, many players have a preference and whilst some like the quick play of a T20 match, others play better in a full test..the ODI is somewhere inbetween which must be harder for players to adjust too as you say. Like you say other teams are struggling to adapt too, maybe England has stuck out for me because of some recent very low scoring results.

Plus England are trying to find a few replacements at the moment for the likes of Strauss and co. As well as a back-up for Prior behind the stumps. I don't think Kieswetter has cemented himself as the back-up keeper as yet.

Kieswetter has been very ordinary when I've seen him both behind the stumps and with the bat.

If I was an England supporter I wouldn't be worried after winning the Test series, people will have completely forgotten about the relatively meaningless One Day series in a few months time.

I saw that Broad was going to be shipped out to India last week to help out, but because of the bad weather he got stranded at the airport in London and will join up with the team in NZ next month. I think this shows that the England set up are still trying to fathom who are the best players to take over from Strauss and co as you say Black cap.

Whilst many international teams may be struggling with form, I just feel Englands situation seems a little worse...maybe its just me seeing something thats not as bad as I see it.

Interesting to see how England fair against a New Zealand team who are riding high. Notice changes are already happening for England with Bresnan out and Woakes in. Ive got a funny feeling this will be another struggle for England and if New Zealand play well there is no reason why they couldnt cause an upset or two

Interesting to see how England fair against a New Zealand team who are riding high. Notice changes are already happening for England with Bresnan out and Woakes in. Ive got a funny feeling this will be another struggle for England and if New Zealand play well there is no reason why they couldnt cause an upset or two

We can pray. :p I think Woakes is a good choice for England as Bresnan has had too many chances. We will have Taylor and most likely Ryder and Southee back so it should be interesting.

If England are serious they should account for New Zealand fairly easily in the test arena. One-dayers will be closer though.

Well first T20 and England set a new record of 214 for 7 to win, but you have to say NZ did well with 174 for 9. All those sixes for the short boundaries though!! Set up nicely for an interesting time in NZ.

Back