Indian Pitches

shahidpak

I think that the pitches in India are made so the indian team plays well on it anybody can score 300+ on those pitches, (Australia in India ODI Series)
Isn't that a disadvantage on other teams ?

Some ODI and T20 pitches are made that way in India as they are the world over, the problem people have with Indian pitches are the absolute extremes in pitches that exist there (ultra spin friendly or ultra bat friendly with nothing in-between).

Which is the ground that used to be a complete dust bowl? Nagpur or Mumbai or something?

Is that still renowned for being a terrible batting pitch?

India has a long reputation for slow low turning dust bowls. These have been prepared as such for so long as i can remember. It is a poor reflection on Indian cricket as in most test countries and the WI you will note that the pitches vary from place to place with certain grounds having specific characteristics. I have long thought India does this quite intentionally to bring advantage to there own team. I also though a few of the English pitches last year were questionable. I would like to see ICC pitch referees that arrive two weeks out and take control of pitch preparation from that point to ensure no fixing of pitches takes place.

Back