Indian Selectors, And Indian Cricket Today.

When Mr. Patil is seen as a selector, I feel, that the selectors who chose the 1983 World Cup Team, did the nation an act, which I feel I owe gratitude. The players, excluding Gavaskar, seemed to be just people, who happened to play Cricket. I must now, add that all these people were nice, good people, and being in the Indian Team, made them my role models. Being in the Indian Team, made them great. I would have really appreciated them as people, anyway, and greatly. The dilemma for me is, if a person like Srikkanth, would drop me from the Indian Cricket Team, or not select me, I would, firstly, be disillusioned, and then, I would perhaps not play, not because I minded not being selected. It is perfect, that a member of the B. C. C. I. be a selector. I don't know, who selected the team which won the World Cup. I wouldn't have minded the team being selected, if I was a player who might also have been considered for selection, then. Do these people, I mean the 1983 team, consider themselves Indian, today, is what I want to know. They were normal nice people, who were seen to be the Indian Team. This made them great, being in the team. I wouldn't want to be a selector, if I was them. The way I see it, every and any Indian was them. I don't like the situation, where being an Indian, is superseded by the consideration that being in the Cricket team is important.

Indian selectors are not right today as previous. They select the team without watching the experience. So, the position of Indian cricket is going down.

With the dawn of the t20 matches many tallented newbies are getting chances which was unthinkable earlier... yes the politics is still there but now there are better methods to counter it

Back