Injuries when fielding...(possibly NSFW photo of a broken finger)

mas cambios

Injuries when fielding...(possibly NSFW photo of a broken finger)

Just saw this on a facebook thread, the guy did this trying to take a caught and bowled chance.

n721994648_1106842_8467.jpg

Ouch!

Anyone top it?

Re: Injuries when fielding...(possibly NSFW photo of a broken finger)

Damn, that's gotta bloody hurt, I wonder how fast did the ball travel right back at him.

The guy said that it was a caught and bowled chance at about chest height. The guy had his fingers pointing at the bat and the ball caught him on the end of the finger, bending it backwards I guess.

It's all sorted now, I beleive he had a small surgery to set it but it's fine.

Just goes to show that if you can, point your fingers downwards!

Ouch man, worst I've had is I split my finger open at the end of my finger, when a ball was hit back at me while bowling.

Very nice! I had a similar (actually, exact same injury) happen to my little finger on my left hand two or three season ago. I was fielding at mid-off after a long spell, probably wasn't moving my best, and a monster of a bloke absolutely smashed an off drive probably two or three feet over my head and a meter to my left. I went hard at the catch, one handed, missed the catch, quickly picked the ball up to return it, then looked down and noticed half my pinkie pointing towards the inside of my hand, and a whole lot of blood and fat seeping out.

They popped it in, and stitched me up, and I was on my way back to the ground 15 minutes later. That carefree approach probably explains why I've got very little mobility in that finger anymore, haha.

hmmmnnnn ive broken two fingers in the last two years but never like that!

Thank god for gloves!

thats gonna take a while to heal!

Back