IPL Auction Pools

hattrick

IPL Auction Pools

First pool has 4 players - Afridi, Haddin, Swann all with $250,000 base price and Pollard at base price of $200,000 .
2nd pool has 4 players - Morgan, Parnell with base of $200,000 and Bond, Kaif and Roach with base price of $ 100,000 each.
Pool 3 - Bollinger and Tanveer at base $ 200,000, Ajmal, Al Hasan, Bresnan, Ganga, Kemp, Kulasekera all at base of $100,000.
4th pool - Akmal, Hinds, Hughes, Martyn, Nazir, Sarwan, Silva, Simmons, Tharanga, and Trott all at base price of $100,000.
5th pool Benn, Elliott, Naved ul Hasan at $100,000 and Henderson,Kleinveldt,Krejza, McCullum, Perera,Van Der Wath at $50,000 Noffke $20,000
6th pool Razzaq @ $100,000, Cheema, De Bruyn, Jayasinghe, Manou, Mcgrath, Philander, Van Wyk, Voges all @ $50,000 and Ten Doeschate at $20,000
7th pool Aamer, Ajmal, Gul @ $100,000 and Zoysa, Abdulla, McKay, Panesar, Tsotsobe, Welegedara all @ $50,000 and Laughlin,Weeraratne @ $20,000
8th pool - Ramprakash @ $200,000 and Ul Haq @$100,000 and bravo, Goodwin, Kandamby, Key, Pomersbach, van Jaarsveld, Vincent all at $50,000.

If I had to buy players ->Haddin,Pollard, Parnell, Roach, Tanveer, Kemp, Noffke(a bargain for his base price) would be the ones I would target.

Re: IPL Auction Pools

Mohammad Kaif in the Auction tomorrow As Rajastan Royals bought his contract out.
Kolkata buys out ponting and Challengers Bangalore buys out Bracken. The buying of contracts out means that these franchises have greater space to add internationals to their squads.

Pollard will be the most sought after player. Swann, Haddin, Aamer, Bond and Akmal will also be popular I reckon.

hattrick;384872 said:
First pool has 4 players - Afridi, Haddin, Swann all with $250,000 base price and Pollard at base price of $200,000 .
2nd pool has 4 players - Morgan, Parnell with base of $200,000 and Bond, Kaif and Roach with base price of $ 100,000 each.
Pool 3 - Bollinger and Tanveer at base $ 200,000, Ajmal, Al Hasan, Bresnan, Ganga, Kemp, Kulasekera all at base of $100,000.
4th pool - Akmal, Hinds, Hughes, Martyn, Nazir, Sarwan, Silva, Simmons, Tharanga, and Trott all at base price of $100,000.
5th pool Benn, Elliott, Naved ul Hasan at $100,000 and Henderson,Kleinveldt,Krejza, McCullum, Perera,Van Der Wath at $50,000 Noffke $20,000
6th pool Razzaq @ $100,000, Cheema, De Bruyn, Jayasinghe, Manou, Mcgrath, Philander, Van Wyk, Voges all @ $50,000 and Ten Doeschate at $20,000
7th pool Aamer, Ajmal, Gul @ $100,000 and Zoysa, Abdulla, McKay, Panesar, Tsotsobe, Welegedara all @ $50,000 and Laughlin,Weeraratne @ $20,000
8th pool - Ramprakash @ $200,000 and Ul Haq @$100,000 and bravo, Goodwin, Kandamby, Key, Pomersbach, van Jaarsveld, Vincent all at $50,000.
These all seem like fairly good value.

Slight shock in the end as only 11 players actually sold. Pollard was the most sought after, along with Bond. No Pakistan players were picked up.

Code:
Kieron Pollard [West Indies] - Mumbai Indians (£458,000 tie-break)
Shane Bond [New Zealand] - Kolkata Knight Riders (£458,000 tie-break)
Kemar Roach [West Indies] - Deccan Chargers (£439,000)
Wayne Parnell [South Africa] - Delhi Daredevils (£372,000)
Mohammad Kaif [India] - Kings XI Punjab (£153,000)
Eoin Morgan [England] - Royal Challengers Bangalore (£134,000)
Damien Martyn [Australia] - Rajasthan Royals (£61,000)
Justin Kemp [South Africa] - Chennai Super Kings (£61,000)
Adam Voges [Australia] - Rajasthan Royals (£30,000)
Thissara Perera [Sri Lanka] - Chennai Super Kings (£30,000)
Yusuf Abdulla [South Africa] - Kings XI Punjab (£30,000)

mas cambios;385004 said:
Slight shock in the end as only 11 players actually sold. Pollard was the most sought after, along with Bond. No Pakistan players were picked up.

There could only be 11 players picked up out of the list! Comp rules!

I was surprised that Haddin didn't get picked up, it seems to be a bit of a waste to be picking too many Bowlers that cannot bat (ie Bond) or Batsmen that cannot bowl (ie Martyn) especially when the player is no longer playing Internaional cricket!

Haddin I think is worth his weight in gold, especially when he fills two roles. He can also open the batting as well as bat lower!

Can anyone post a list of the full squads now??

Tongs;385100 said:
There could only be 11 players picked up out of the list! Comp rules!

I was surprised that Haddin didn't get picked up, it seems to be a bit of a waste to be picking too many Bowlers that cannot bat (ie Bond) or Batsmen that cannot bowl (ie Martyn) especially when the player is no longer playing Internaional cricket!

Haddin I think is worth his weight in gold, especially when he fills two roles. He can also open the batting as well as bat lower!

Can anyone post a list of the full squads now??

Didn't realise that the limit was 11.

I guess that some of the picks were due to availability (or perceived availability). Swann would have missed the opening two weeks for example. I guess the likes of Bond and Martyn will play the whole six weeks, so greater value for money.

@mas cambios I would add political implications to the lack of Pakistan selection in the auction. Bond and Martyn add experience to both sides involved. Bond I think adds spice to the KKR attack.

Haddins lack of selection is baffling but ultimately the owners pick who was needed for their squads. Pakistani players like Afridi,Gul and Tanvir can feel a touch hard done by but politics play a role in cricket when India is involved.

Back