IPL Game 28 - Delhi Daredevils vs Chennai Super Kings at Dehli

el-capitano

IPL Game 28 - Delhi Daredevils vs Chennai Super Kings at Dehli

Chennai Super Kings 188 for 6 (Fleming 44, Vidyut 40) beat Delhi Daredevils 187 for 5 (Gambhir 80, Dhawan 59) by four wickets.

Partisan fans at the Feroz Shah Kotla were treated to a cracker of a match as the Chennai Super Kings pulled off a dramatic last-ball win, sneaking past Delhi Daredevils' total of 187 for 5 by four wickets. Chennai's chase veered from the authoritative to the bumbling but they kept their nerves and put an end to their three-game losing streak, thanks largely to some fearless hitting right through the order.

Chennai recovered somewhat to restrict the hosts to under 200 after Gautam Gambhir and Shikhar Dhawan added a record third-wicket partnership of 121 and that, in hindsight, proved critical before a thrilling chase helped them get back to their winning ways.

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/story/350360.html

Re: IPL Game 28 - Delhi Daredevils vs Chennai Super Kings at Dehli

I watched Dehli's innings, and the only comment I have was, how poor was the umpire Russell Tiffin from Zimbabwe?

I think it was Sehwag who hit a clear four, and Tiffin called it six immediately, until someone questioned it and he went upstairs only to see it was a four bouncing within the field by a good metre.

Then Ghambir hit a drive which the fielder managed to knock back before the rope and Tiffin's already signalled four, ripping off the fielding side a run- which could've been crucial.

And then off Murali, Ghambir let a ball hit his thigh pad, while playing a shot, and they took off for a leg bye, only for Tiffin to signal wide- until both Dhoni & Murali both went "what the f......" and he went upstairs only to go "oh" and signal legbye.

It was really bad.

Back