IPL Game 37 - Delhi Daredevils vs Deccan Chargers at Delhi

Ljp86

Staff member
IPL Game 37 - Delhi Daredevils vs Deccan Chargers at Delhi

Game 37 sees the Delhi Daredevils host the Deccan Chargers at Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium.

Deccan won the toss and decided to field. So far they probably wish they hadn't, Delhi are 2/146 after 16 overs. Virender Sehwag was out for a duck very early on but that brought Dhawan and Gambhir together who combined for a 132-run partnership. Gambhir was just out for 79, stumped off a wide from the bowling of Ohja. Dhawan is still there on 59 and Farveez Maharoof is the new batsman on one.

Delhi Daredevils XI: G Gamhir, *V Sehwag, S Dhawan, MF Maharoof, TM Dilshan, MK Tiwary, +KD Karthik, A Mishra, R Bhatia, Mohammad Asif, GC McGrath

Deccan Chargers XI: *+AC Gilchrist, DB Ravi Teja, HH Gibbs, Shahid Afridi, RG Sharma, SB Styris, Y Venugopal Rao, RP Singh, DP Vijaykumar, PP Ojha, PM Sarvesh Kumar

Re: IPL Game 37 - Delhi Daredevils vs Deccan Chargers at Delhi

Maharoof out for 17, Ohja gets his second wicket.

3/166 after 17.4 overs.

Delhi finish on 4/194, Dilshan was run out on the second last ball for 16, Dhawan remains on 68 not out, top score for the Daredevils, Ohja was Deccan's best bowlers with two wickets.

Will be a tough chase for Deccan, Gilchrist, Gibbs and Afridi hold them key, they need to score runs if Deccan are to have any hope.

Oh awesome, Afridi is opening with Gilchrist. This could be over in half an hour.

And they've started well, 0/16 after 1.2 overs.

Well that didn't last long. Gilchrist is out to McGrath after a brilliant catch from Dilshan diving forward to take a screamer.

1/21 in the third over.

I think the Daredevils will get up in this game. If i had the time i would of put a couple behind 'em. But noooo i didn't. Ah well.

Daredevils won a thriller, Amit Mishra took a hat-trick in the last over, ending any chance Deccan had of winning the game.

Deccan could only manage 9/182 in reply, falling 12 runs short of Delhi's total. Rohit Sharma top scored with 35, Venugopal Rao continued his good form with 34, Afridi made 33 and Styris 29 but there was big score for Deccan which was what they needed in the end.

Mishra hat-trick saw him finish with fine figures of 5/17. Farveez Maharoof took 2/29 and Glenn McGrath took 2/42.

A good win for Delhi and after a series of losses this victory gets them back on track.

Amit Mishra was the obvious choice for Man of the Match.

Back