Ipl Killing T20 Cricket?

Its not a series when its only 2 matches! Plus whats the point if we are not playing a 1st team...its becomes a non starter straight off...whats the point!!!! WHATS THE POINT!!!!

It should be the perfect rematch since neither side could win in NZ. I'll be pissed if England play a B-side or an experimental side!

Frankly speaking i am I don't like IPL. The standard of cricket has gone down due to IPL. I have not seen a single good player emerging from IPL either for India or any other country.

Frankly speaking i am I don't like IPL. The standard of cricket has gone down due to IPL. I have not seen a single good player emerging from IPL either for India or any other country.
Totally agree. Some great players have gone into the IPL but none come out of it. The time is fast approaching when cricket boards will have test players sign no T20 contracts.

The market is getting quite saturated now with all the T20 cricket being played, there's the IPL, BBL, BPL, SLPL, Caribbean T20, English county T20, South African T20, NZ T20 and the Zimbabwean League as well. It is getting to the point of being ridiculous.

It should be the perfect rematch since neither side could win in NZ. I'll be pissed if England play a B-side or an experimental side!

Id be surprised if England do, Im sure NZ team will be unhappy with two matches against a second rate England team. Im hoping that for our sakes its a good turn out from both teams, for what little there is to play for.

I started to get bored of the IPL halfway through the first season once the novelty of the different player combinations wore off..

**** knows what the idiots at the ACB are thinking by expanding the Big Bash, an awesome comp with great crowds yet they want to stuff it up trying to grab a few extra $$ by creating lame franchises. Very good chance it will blow up their faces IMO.
ANY REASON?

Too much T20 cricket is killing the cricket. Specifically IPL killing the cricket. New comer are much interested to play in IPL event.
IPL IS A SET PLATFORM FOR YOUNG PLAYERS WHO HAVE TO PROVE THEIR TALENT.AJINKYA RAHANE A PLAYER OF INDIA HAVE PROVED HE IS BRILLIANT CRICKETER AND FIELDER.

ANY REASON?

You would have noticed that the BB crowds were well down this season and the interest is fast fading for T20. It is seen as more of a passing fad than serious cricket. The only skill the T20 might improve would be fielding, but the cost to batting and bowling far out weighs any gains in the field.

IPL IS A SET PLATFORM FOR YOUNG PLAYERS WHO HAVE TO PROVE THEIR TALENT.AJINKYA RAHANE A PLAYER OF INDIA HAVE PROVED HE IS BRILLIANT CRICKETER AND FIELDER.

Isn't that what the Ranji Trophy is for?

Same thing with the Sheffield Shield here. It's the Shield that is the platform for players to prove their talent and worth to the international stage.

Isn't that what the Ranji Trophy is for?

Same thing with the Sheffield Shield here. It's the Shield that is the platform for players to prove their talent and worth to the international stage.
OH, come on man ranji trophy takes much longer time when compared to ipl.when it comes to ipl a player can catch the selectors eye where as selectors of the bcci does not take care much

OH, come on man ranji trophy takes much longer time when compared to ipl.
I can't disagree.

when it comes to ipl a player can catch the selectors eye where as selectors of the bcci does not take care much
If what you say is true, that's a gigantic concern for the BCCI, and (I fear) your exasperated response to Sharkman possibly suggests that you condone this approach. I'm sorry man, but this is the very mindset that will tarnish the deep roots, rich history, and the very fabric of our great game. The folly of the IPL's novelty and glitz then becomes the benchmark for aspiring Indian players, and the treasured qualities of patience, fitness, perseverance, grit, determination, and longevity are disregarded and repugnantly devalued. These crafted are learned and honed over the gruelling sessions of two-, three-, and four- cricket, so that if a player naturally progresses to the five day game, they are adequately equipped and ably prepared for the arena in which they do the hardest but most rewarding battle.

OH, come on man ranji trophy takes much longer time when compared to ipl.when it comes to ipl a player can catch the selectors eye where as selectors of the bcci does not take care much

There is something radically wrong with the BCCI then if they are using a T20 comp as the barometer to select a Test team.

Sure the first class matches take a longer time than what IPL does but the Ranji Trophy and the junior levels below that are what hones quality Test cricketers in India.

I respect your views but if that is the prevailing mindset in India I fear the game will never see the likes of a Rahul Dravid or a VVS Laxman again.

Actually ipl is not only killing the t20 cricket infact its completely destroying the game. People have started to lose intrest in the longer version of the game so to control it all these primier leagues have to be reduced and shortened before it becomes too late.

Actually ipl is not only killing the t20 cricket infact its completely destroying the game. People have started to lose intrest in the longer version of the game so to control it all these primier leagues have to be reduced and shortened before it becomes too late.

Agreed SB.

I like the way the Friends Provident T20 comp in the UK works as it is a fun comp at the end of the season.

That's all T20 should've been in the first place.

That was how ODI cricket was initially thought out in the 1970's and that is what T20 should be now.

Enough is enough with these "Premier Leagues" there should just be a little Champions Trophy style comp between the respective domestic teams ie. the BBL reverting back to having the state teams playing in it.

I've had a gutful of these plastic franchises like we see in the IPL or the BBL.

The IPL is killing the real form of the game in a big way.

I haven't forgotten the last time Australia toured the West Indies and there was the real threat of the Windies fielding a third string team because their players were playing in the IPL.

I know these guys want to earn the big bucks but this obscene waste of money the IPL and the respective "Premier Leagues" would be far better off funnelling that said money back into the impoverished boards like West Indies, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe and make these nations/regions competitive at Test level once again.

Back