Is Graeme Swann A Cheat?

ball tampering is becoming a habit in todays cricket

It's been going on long before since I started watching the game in the late 1980's, early 1990's.

Former England captain Michael Atherton being caught rubbing dirt on the ball in the infamous "dirt in the pocket" scandal in the West Indies in 1994, Shahid Afridi's ball munching antics here in Australia a few years ago and England's Murray Mints scandal in 2005.

Unfortunately it's been going on for years.

Oh come on, how about vaseline under the head band or soaking up loads of sweat when you can to get the thing swinging Irish, all old tricks all been going on ever since. Every player will try what they think they can get away with like, bowled Lillee nicked by Marshes boots, caught Marsh. Saw a few batsmen out that way.

Oh come on, how about vaseline under the head band or soaking up loads of sweat when you can to get the thing swinging Irish, all old tricks all been going on ever since. Every player will try what they think they can get away with like, bowled Lillee nicked by Marshes boots, caught Marsh. Saw a few batsmen out that way.

Hence why I said it has been going on long before I started watching the game in the late 80's mate.

From my playing experience my favourite example of cheating was against this country team that used to dunk half the ball in a nearby stream if you hit a boundary into the bushes alongside of it. They'd delay enough so the umpire wouldn't bother to look at the ball...and then the carnage would begin.

We eventually adapted by avoiding hitting the ball to that area of the ground, took us a few seasons though.

As a kid I used to hate it when fielders would throw the the ball back from the boundary then signal that it went for four so you would waste energy running in 35 degree heat.

Back