Is it wrong that i dont mind getting hit with the ball ?

louis l

Is it wrong that i dont mind getting hit with the ball ?

When i get hit say in the helmet it doesnt stop be playing the identical shot again and i seem to be getting pinned alot atm but i dnt mind but im thinking why do i keep getting hit alot my technique has improved alot so surely i should be getting hit less :s

Re: Is it wrong that i dont mind getting hit with the ball ?

All it means is that you're not afraid of the ball (or you've never been pinned by someone bowling 80mph!). Ideally you don't want to get hit as it can cause damage/injury but it does happen, however, if you can bounce back from it without a worry then that's great.

In terms of your technique, well, it's hard one to sort without actually seeing you bat. It may be that you're opening yourself up and therefore presenting a bigger target or it could be that you follow the ball too well and actually get right behind it.

I get into the line off the ball now and cover my stumps I gt hit by first team opener hes over 80 i think in the chest with a beamer that hurt :( but im not realy a batsmen im purely a bowler but this season have been forced to work on my batting have scored a few good scores like a 50 which aint to bad but i just get hit alot lol im nursing a bruise to the arm now !

Sound like you need to work on a bit of ducking and diving! One way to help your game is to cut out shots that may get you trouble.

For example, if you having trouble picking up or playing the short ball then why not simply avoid it? Duck under it or weave out of the way. It'll save you a ball to the chest or worse still, potentially getting out. Of course, you might enjoy playing the pull shot and are willing to risk a bruise - it's up to you to decide what's best for your game.

Other than that, keep it simple. Work on the basics, such as getting in line, getting the foot moving and watching the ball all the way.

A decent coach should be able to watch you for a while and then make some recommendations, especially ones that will have a big impact on your game.

show no pain! at least until they get you out!

being a wicket keeper i get hit all the time, my forearms are always taking a battering!

as for batting its not a bad thing, but like Mas says wait till you get hit by something moving very quickly, i got hit in the pads by a 87mph today and they are decent pads, and it hurt like hell!

Had a bat today didnt realy pop up so was ok am nursing a foot though after getting yorked by the left arm opening bowler maybe 80 odd mph !

Back