Is Kent the best CCC in England right now?

TigerGoldenBear

Is Kent the best CCC in England right now?

How much faith or creditability do you put into
the Twenty20 Cup??

Is Kent the best CCC in England or did they just
have a hot streak?

Thanks.

Re: Is Kent the best CCC in England right now?

TigerGoldenBear;172925 said:
How much faith or creditability do you put into
the Twenty20 Cup??

Not too much but as this form of the game becomes more popular, its credibility will grow higher and higher.

TigerGoldenBear said:
Is Kent the best CCC in England or did they just
have a hot streak?

Thanks.

They are the best Twenty20 County Team in England but they aren't the best county overall.

Kent are in division two for the Pro40 league that all the counties contest. While they are top of the ladder in that form of the game it shows they are not a top ranked one-day side. They are in division one for the county championship which shows they are capable but at the moment, they sit 3rd last and and have only two wins from 10 games.

They are not the best county side going around at the moment but better than a fair few I would say.

I'll pose a different question: Is this the best county bowling attack a team has had for many many years??

Chris Tremlett
Stuart Clark
Dimi Mascarenhas
Sean Ervine
Shane Warne
Shaun Udal
Kevin Pietersen

Yes.

Almost an international level attack.

Ljp86;173032 said:
They are the best Twenty20 County Team in England but they aren't the best county overall.
So what county team is the best right now?

I'm leaning toward Sussex and my 2nd choice might be Middlesex.
both due to me reading, "The Social History of English Cricket" right now.

Would I be a gloryhunter, if they exist in CCC, if I supported either club?

Thanks so much.

TigerGoldenBear;173992 said:
So what county team is the best right now?

In my opinion, Sussex or Hampshire. Sussex are top of the four-day table in Division One and are going okay in Pro40 Division One series. Hampshire are doing well in both Division One formats as well.

Hampshire has a really good bowling attack as mentioned above, one of the best going around.

TigerGoldenBear said:
I'm leaning toward Sussex and my 2nd choice might be Middlesex.
both due to me reading, "The Social History of English Cricket" right now.

Would I be a gloryhunter, if they exist in CCC, if I supported either club?

Thanks so much.

Nah, go for whoever you want mate. You're new to the sport so go for whoever you like the best regardless of where they are on the ladder.

Ljp86;174076 said:
In my opinion, Sussex or Hampshire. Sussex are top of the four-day table in Division One and are going okay in Pro40 Division One series. Hampshire are doing well in both Division One formats as well.

Hampshire has a really good bowling attack as mentioned above, one of the best going around.

Nah, go for whoever you want mate. You're new to the sport so go for whoever you like the best regardless of where they are on the ladder.
My daughter loves sharks and the English part of my family are from the south coast. A few more reasons why, I might go with Sussex. Still up in the air though, thanks for your thoughts.

Back