Is Smith the bravest player you have ever witnessed

Is Smith's act the bravest you have witnesses

• Total voters

grapedo

Is Smith the bravest player you have ever witnessed

Is the Corageous act from Graeme Smith on the 5th day of the third test against Australia the bravest act you have witnessed from a cricketer.

Re: Is Smith the bravest player you have ever witnessed

Brave but then again what is brave? People have played with injuries in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

Two that come to mind are Allan Lamb batting on one leg and Malcolm Marshall bowling despite have a cast on his arm (and still running through a side).

This is the bravest thing I have seen.

But it is close with Craig Mcmillan batting against Australia with a dislocated shoulder in 2005.

To put some meat on the bones posted above, this is Marshall:

The abiding memory of that series, however, is of the Hampshire bowler, his thumb broken, coming out to bat one-handed and making a mockery of the England attack on the way to helping Larry Gomes to an unbeaten hundred. He then rubbed salt in the wounds by taking 7-53 in the England second innings.

I'm sure someone will pipe in with Steve Waugh in the Ashes, the injury which ultimately led to him suffering DVT.

Rick Mccosker batting in the centenary ashes test with a broken jaw and no
helmet:eek: I'd say thats a smidgen more brave. Was a great effort from Smith thou,stirring stuff

Certainly brave, but there have been instances where players have played with broken bones. While its rare, its not new.

More stupid than brave, with little on the line its not worth risking worsening the injury given that he should only just be right in time for the next series test against Australia. Commendable if the series was on the line, risking his health (especially as your teams captain and best batsman) to salvage a draw was a poor choice.

Very brave for sure, but there have been plenty of courageous acts to happen on a cricket field before this

Bodyline with no helmet by: Woodfull, Bradman and the rest of the batting side.

I must admit I clapped to myself as he strode onto the ground.

But, bravery in one eye is stupidity in another.

it was a brave effort, but i think viv richards and the gang going out to bat against lillee and thomo at perth without a helmet was as well and viceversa with aussies batsmen, or was that just stupid ?? its a fine line lol

A very gusty captain, To bat with a broken hand and nearly snatch victory from the Aussies in Australia is a mighty top effort.

Back