Is There An Agreement That Australia Must Bat First In Odi's ?

Royboy

I see Australia has batted first yet again in today's ODI against Sri Lanka. Why is is that no matter who wins the toss Austalia bats first? In every ODI and T 20 that has been the case this season (8 out of 8 ). I believe there must be an agreement that Australia bats first to provide entertainment as it would be detrimental to have the tourists bat first and then be skittled out for a low score. Has anybody else any feelings on this matter? I first raised the question after it was five in a row and there has since been another three games with the same result.

I realise that Australia usually bat first if they win the toss but they have not won the toss each time.If they lose the toss they still get to bat first as they are put in first. Why bother having a toss, it's a waste of time as there seems to be an agreement that Australia MUST bat first. I am convinced it is for entertainment reasons.
Incidenally, I reckon it is time the toss was eliminated in Test Series. If the choice of batting was alternated for each game with the hosts getting the option first and the tourists the next game etc it would take the luck of the toss out of the game.
Therefore in a 5 game series the hosts would get the option 3 times to 2 for the tourists.

Australia always takes Batting first whenever they win the toss. Only Sri Lanka understood this. When will India understand ? Aussies are very good while Batting first. They have won 98% of their matches by Batting first. So, we should remember this and learn from them that we need to Bat first if we win toss.

Back