Jokes

You want some more comic talent. This bloke came from a law background.. a natural. His name Shaun Micallef. This is in my view his best character.. used to have me in stitches.

Last edited:
A real talent was John Clarke mate.
Yeah mate, the bloke was really hilarious... in the 70's in NZ he played a character called Fred Dagg {a farmer} & he had 7 sons, all of them called Trev 😊 when he went to live in Aussie did he play that character over the ditch too ?

In the Phone Call clip he mentioned a place called Wainui {Wainuiomata} - which is only about a hour away from where I live.

You want some more comic talent. This bloke came from a law background.. a natural. His name Shaun Micallef. This is in my view his best character.. used to have me in stitches.

Mate that was brilliant 😆... comedy is at it's best when it's really silly & cleverly done.

Mate that was brilliant 😆... comedy is at it's best when it's really silly & cleverly done.
Did you get Full Frontal and before that Fast Forward across the ditch. I have them in my archive file. You can still see them on YT. Still belly laff stuff. Never saw Footrot Flats but wasnt there also a comic in the papers?

Red Skelton’s recipe for the perfect marriage

Two times a week, we go to a nice restaurant, have a little beverage, good food and companionship. She goes on Tuesdays, I go on Fridays.

We also sleep in separate beds. Hers is in California and mine is in Texas.

I take my wife everywhere….. but she keeps finding her way back.

I asked my wife where she wanted to go for our anniversary. Somewhere I haven’t been in a long time!” she said. So I suggested the kitchen.

We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops

She has an electric blender, electric toaster, and electric bread maker. She said, “There are too many gadgets and no place to sit down!” So I bought her an electric chair.

My wife told me the car wasn’t running well because there was water in the carburetor. I asked where the car was; she told me, “In the lake.”

She got a mud pack and looked great for two days. Then the mud fell off.

She ran after the garbage truck, yelling, “Am I too late for the garbage?” …. The driver said, “No, jump in!”

Remember: Marriage is the number one cause of divorce.

I married Miss Right. I just didn’t know her first name was Always.

I haven’t spoken to my wife in 18 months. I don’t like to interrupt her.

The last fight was my fault though! My wife asked “What’s on the TV?” I said “Dust!”

This is hilarious. Never watched this comedian.

Did you get Full Frontal and before that Fast Forward across the ditch. I have them in my archive file. You can still see them on YT. Still belly laff stuff. Never saw Footrot Flats but wasnt there also a comic in the papers?
Haven't seen those shows, will check them out on YT - we got Mother & Son here though {Garry McDonald is a top actor}... one of my favourite comedy series, very funny.

Yeah, Footrot Flats was in the papers & there are also comic books... the cartoonist was Murray Ball, unfortunately he died 2 or 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Mal I loved Maggie in Mother & Son. Ruth Cracknell who played Maggie was a classicly trained actor. She and Gary McDonald had great chemistry. .. the reason the show had such a long run. The best role to play w'dve been the brother in law.

Mal I loved Maggie in Mother & Son. Ruth Cracknell who played Maggie was a classicly trained actor. She and Gary McDonald had great chemistry. .. the reason the show had such a long run. The best role to play w'dve been the brother in law.
As you say Richie the chemistry between Maggie & Arthur was outstanding - Maggie was hilarious, she had a little bit of dementia, but totally played the forgetful card when it really suited her... Robert the dentist & his wife Liz were also very funny.

The sketch comedy Naked Vicar Show spawned several sitcoms. . Here is a clip of a sketch for one such sitcom..

Last edited:
Back