JP Duminy

the_socialite

JP Duminy

After seeing his wonderful innings to get South Africa out of deep trouble, with great help from the tail, combined with his 50 to get SA over the line in Perth, I can't help but feel that JP is going to be a great player for SA for years to come. I know it may seem early to talk on this, but he just shows such composure and class at the crease. Thoughts?

Re: JP Duminy

the_socialite;300662 said:
After seeing his wonderful innings to get South Africa out of deep trouble, with great help from the tail, combined with his 50 to get SA over the line in Perth, I can't help but feel that JP is going to be a great player for SA for years to come. I know it may seem early to talk on this, but he just shows such composure and class at the crease. Thoughts?

Going to be a good player, looks tentative early with very minimal footwork towards all the pacers including Hussey

Absolute gun, it's early to say but he should be a star. Solid foundation to work from with 218 runs in his first 3 innings.

the_socialite;300699 said:
Can't drop him now. Creates a dillemma as to who comes out of the side for Prince, doesn't it?
Probably nobody. Prince has got a broken thumb and shouldn't even be considered for a while.

Don't get excited friends , let him cross 10 matches.then we can decide whether he is an player for the future or he is just an passing shower.

the_socialite;300699 said:
Can't drop him now. Creates a dillemma as to who comes out of the side for Prince, doesn't it?

Duminy opens in first class cricket and his composure against fast bowling gives me no doubts what so ever that if Prince is fit Bye Bye Mckenzie and Duminy will open.

schwab2clarkson;300711 said:
Probably nobody. Prince has got a broken thumb and shouldn't even be considered for a while.

No Prince has a cracked thumb and was being considered for this test.

He can't help he is injured. And saying he shouldn't be considered is very silly.
:mad:
Over the last 2 years Prince;:
22 matches - 36 innings - 1428 runs @ 52.88

So why should he not be considered for selection.
Gee you come up with some rubbish.:mad:

Well batted son. Batted very well in the Perth test for his 50*. Didn't look like getting out either time.

I heard this was the way Lara got into the WI side, he was lept out by a solid top 6, and couldn't break in. Had to wait for an injury and when given the chance he took it and never looked back.

Average of 109 haha.

Warne and Taylor compared him to Brian Lara, how stupid was their remarks about him? Sure, he made 166 but that doesn't make him good as Lara, a great bloody effort there that was, but I am going to say that this is the best this bloke is ever going to play.

Thats a bit harsh as you don't know what the future holds for him.

I think they were comparing his maturity and temperament levels to Brian Lara, at least, thats the way I took it.

Aleks.;302721 said:
Warne and Taylor compared him to Brian Lara, how stupid was their remarks about him? Sure, he made 166 but that doesn't make him good as Lara, a great bloody effort there that was, but I am going to say that this is the best this bloke is ever going to play.

I think from What I have seen that he has a lot of potential to achieve what Lara achieved. Sure he is young but after 50 first class games he has averaged 55. That is higher than Lara's first class average of 51 so ATM statiscally there is no reason as to why he can't do what Lara did.

And after the Perth test alot of people were saying that his career highlight would be his debut but his second match he played even better.

So I wouldn't write off a young guy with so much potential.

Back